Tottenham vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: Tottenham vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by terrya1965 »

I read a statistic somewhere where we have had less than 25% possession than the opposition in the last 4 games.

It`s hardly motivating.

Trouble is,we have some decent players who can play a bit,but Moyes won't let them.These tactics will relegate us in my opinion.

JayK

Post by JayK »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:51 am
JayK wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:42 am Can’t see anything but a loss here. Sure Nobes will let the rest know what this game means but Moyes will counter that with his tactical nous
I'm still waiting to be surprised by a David Moyes positive intervention. He might however be relying on Norwich,Aston Villa and Bournemouth continually losing. I wouldn't put it past all of them doing that.

...although two of them have to play us,which is where that plan will be tested most
That's the scariest thing. The games against the lower teams will have so much pressure on them and we clearly don't do well under pressure
COYI!!!

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

redhammer wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:22 am Very little optimism, hoping Moyes has a few ace cards up his sleeve.
:lol: :lol: :lol: ....He will be stood on the touchline in a vest this afternoon........dinosaur tactics.....and lack of desire to go out and play for an out and out win..... :oops:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:50 pm I read a statistic somewhere where we have had less than 25% possession than the opposition in the last 4 games.

It`s hardly motivating.

Trouble is,we have some decent players who can play a bit,but Moyes won't let them.These tactics will relegate us in my opinion.
I don't doubt that posession stat tbh. FFS even kids playing Sunday football know if you're in possession the other team can't hurt you, however good their players. So I simply can't see any plus side to conceding as much possession as we do when the opposition has players who are so much better than ours.

And even when we have, on paper, players better than the opposition (Brighton for example) we still employ a containment strategy.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:59 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:50 pm I read a statistic somewhere where we have had less than 25% possession than the opposition in the last 4 games.

It`s hardly motivating.

I don't doubt that posession stat tbh. FFS even kids playing Sunday football know if you're in possession the other team can't hurt you, however good their players. So I simply can't see any plus side to conceding as much possession as we do when the opposition has players who are so much better than ours.

And even when we have, on paper, players better than the opposition (Brighton for example) we still employ a containment strategy.
David Moyes has done that for the last 10 years and unfortunately he is unlikely to develop ambitious wanderings. That doesn't make him a terrible football manager but does elevate him into the same bracket as Avram Grant,Glenn Roeder but not as wild and dire as Lou Macari.

I can't be more complimentary and still be me

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Since he left Everton Moyes record is pretty abysmal. Football has changed but he hasn't adapted to keep up. Guardiola has changed the game , aided by money of course and shown you have to press higher up the pitch. Done it with every side he's managed . Whatever side he puts out he would play the same way because he knows you have no chance just sitting back, shutting your eyes and hoping for the best.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Shortshanks wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:46 pm Since he left Everton Moyes record is pretty abysmal. Football has changed but he hasn't adapted to keep up. Guardiola has changed the game , aided by money of course and shown you have to press higher up the pitch. Done it with every side he's managed . Whatever side he puts out he would play the same way because he knows you have no chance just sitting back, shutting your eyes and hoping for the best.
How dare you he's a winner. He said so.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Usually get up and excited for this one..however we or them are doing....and always think we have a chance....
Form does seem to go out the window for a Spuds game.....so clinging on to that....
But a bit more Nervous this time....we're Lazy like Sat...well the remote is gonna need to hold up....
just gotta remember...not directly at TV............. :lol:

Nobes is always big in these games...he gets it....is why should have benched him Saturday and Left Declan MF..
He will tire tonite IF starts....honestly can't call it....Moyes baffled me Saturday...no Idea about Haller either...fit or not..
No Idea about RB...
In fact have no Idea at all so I'll Shut up....

Got Both Sides to Score and win....Spuds at 3/1 us at 8/1 round there somewhere anyway.....just means if were 2-0 nil
up with ten left I'll be cheering old Brucie on..... and the fucker will prob get a 2nd in the 97th minute...... :lol:

2-0 Up..................... :lol: :lol:

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Castiron wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:47 pm
Shortshanks wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:46 pm Since he left Everton Moyes record is pretty abysmal. Football has changed but he hasn't adapted to keep up. Guardiola has changed the game , aided by money of course and shown you have to press higher up the pitch. Done it with every side he's managed . Whatever side he puts out he would play the same way because he knows you have no chance just sitting back, shutting your eyes and hoping for the best.
How dare you he's a winner. He said so.
Moyes or Guardiola ? :lol: :lol: On looking up about Guardiola I actually did him a disservice because he was winner as soon as he took over Barcelona B side.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Balbuena & Fredericks playing, we have no chance.

It will be carnage.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.