Did you know..

Chat about anything football related here!

Did you know..

Post by 9898 »

..the £30 million from the rights issue, promised by the owners, has not entered the clubs bank account.

Will the club ever see this money?
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

MFY66

Re: Did you know..

Post by MFY66 »

We need to stop playing the broken record. Whilst we have these owners, we will not be spending the sort of money they promised the new stadium would bring — be it on transfers or general improvement of the club. Time to face up to it.

I’ve learnt to stop being naive about it, and just accept that we will remain a ‘small club’ until (or if) our current ownership sells up. If you don’t get your hopes up, you can’t be disappointed.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Maybe the rights offer was not taken up ? A rights issue simply gives existing shareholders the opportunity to purchase more shares, usually at a preferential rate. Maybe the general consensus was fuck this for a game of soldiers and nobody took up the offer.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:30 pm Maybe the rights offer was not taken up ? A rights issue simply gives existing shareholders the opportunity to purchase more shares, usually at a preferential rate. Maybe the general consensus was fuck this for a game of soldiers and nobody took up the offer.
So you are saying " Put your wooden spoon away".
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Just a couple of observations.

It was reported that they planned a rights issue to inject 30 million to the club to cover the loss in revenue caused by the Covid 19 lock down, but do we know for sure that was ever implemented?

Secondly, how do you know that the said funds were not deposited into the clubs account?

On a side note, it is being reported that the value of DS's assets has decreased by some 50 million. We have brought in a number of players of the last few years, some of which have worked, some not. We have however broken our transfer record year after year. I am not sure I buy into the owners not being committed tbh.
Flairon

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:54 am
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:30 pm Maybe the rights offer was not taken up ? A rights issue simply gives existing shareholders the opportunity to purchase more shares, usually at a preferential rate. Maybe the general consensus was fuck this for a game of soldiers and nobody took up the offer.
Ask yourself the question mate. If you had a few spare million to invest would West Ham United, under the dwarf's ownership, be your chosen investment vehicle ?

Btw if you answered "yes" to the above please PM me as I can sort out some very lucrative opportunities to grow my, oh, sorry, your, wealth. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

I thought I read on here some time ago that G&S had "loaned" the club money at an interest rate circa 7% ? I don't know whether that is correct but if it is anywhere around that rate, that strikes me as people more committed to their personal wealth than the club because surely you can borrow on the open market for a lot less at the moment. They certainly wouldn't get much leaving it in a bank. As for his wealth decreasing I think you will find that's because his investments have probably dropped rather than any expenditure on the club or are you referring to something else. The value of retail property has plummeted if he's into that.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Shortshanks wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:40 am I thought I read on here some time ago that G&S had "loaned" the club money at an interest rate circa 7% ? I don't know whether that is correct but if it is anywhere around that rate, that strikes me as people more committed to their personal wealth than the club because surely you can borrow on the open market for a lot less at the moment. They certainly wouldn't get much leaving it in a bank. As for his wealth decreasing I think you will find that's because his investments have probably dropped rather than any expenditure on the club or are you referring to something else. The value of retail property has plummeted if he's into that.
Yeah I believe nearly all of Sullivan’s wealth is tied up in property , the value of which , for some reason has plummeted .

Their loans to the club were charged at 7% interest until a couple of years ago when they reduced it to 4% .

But only cos of the dogs abuse they were receiving over it
Bring back Jonathon !

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:09 am
eskimo joe wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:54 am

Ask yourself the question mate. If you had a few spare million to invest would West Ham United, under the dwarf's ownership, be your chosen investment vehicle ?

Btw if you answered "yes" to the above please PM me as I can sort out some very lucrative opportunities to grow my, oh, sorry, your, wealth. ;)
I guess that flew over your head.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

If it's retail as opposed to residential property then it's dropped because lots of the shops are now empty and they can't let them and the ones that are let they are all trying to get the rents reduced. I know you know all that but there isn't much in the way of football to talk about or am I fearing the worse unnecessarily ? :(