Did you know..

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: Did you know..

Post by h69 »

9898 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:19 pm
h69 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:39 pm

I dont recall saying that but if you show me where I did then I will discuss.
Don't look silly. Just say you did not know all the facts.

You stated
'Some of the 30m was certainly spent on paying the staff, players and everyone else during the last few months '
That clearly shows you believed they were skint and could only pay those wages with the £30 million.
No. Let me know where I said the club were skint and I will discuss.

It clearly shows that they paid the staff through the crisis and since the issue was to fund that then either they got the money through that or the club financed it themselves with what they already had.....either way, no skullduggery.

Post by 9898 »

h69 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:11 pm
9898 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:19 pm

Don't look silly. Just say you did not know all the facts.

You stated
'Some of the 30m was certainly spent on paying the staff, players and everyone else during the last few months '
That clearly shows you believed they were skint and could only pay those wages with the £30 million.
No. Let me know where I said the club were skint and I will discuss.

It clearly shows that they paid the staff through the crisis and since the issue was to fund that then either they got the money through that or the club financed it themselves with what they already had.....either way, no skullduggery.
:? :?
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Post by 9898 »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:27 pm Being pedantic if Stumpy issued new shares and bought them all himself, as majority shareholder, it is not a rights issue. It's only a rights issue if the opportunity to purchase the new shares, at a discounted rate, is available to all exisiting shareholders.

And if Sean Whetstone says otherwise he's fucking well wrong. Silly old cunt that he is.
What about these 2 scenarios:

1, Offer share issue that no one takes up. Owner takes it up and this instantly dilutes other shareholders (shittiest business practice known to man) and gives Owner bigger holding in club.
Last day in July pay the club the £30 million (although they were SUPPOSEDLY skint in March).
Over the next 6 - 12 months take that money out of the club as interest payments.
Owner then increases his shareholding in club at no cost.

2, Say you are buying the £30 million share offer.
Get all plaudits from fans.
Stay quiet and don't invest the £30 million.

Post by 9898 »

h69 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:42 am
Flairon wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:07 am Just a couple of observations.

It was reported that they planned a rights issue to inject 30 million to the club to cover the loss in revenue caused by the Covid 19 lock down, but do we know for sure that was ever implemented?

Secondly, how do you know that the said funds were not deposited into the clubs account?

On a side note, it is being reported that the value of DS's assets has decreased by some 50 million. We have brought in a number of players of the last few years, some of which have worked, some not. We have however broken our transfer record year after year. I am not sure I buy into the owners not being committed tbh.
Some of the 30m was certainly spent on paying the staff, players and everyone else during the last few months since they didn't furlough anyone I don't think

https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=134653

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

9898 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:59 am

Some of the 30m was certainly spent on paying the staff, players and everyone else during the last few months since they didn't furlough anyone I don't think

https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=134653
There you go then , that’s your question answered , we’ll find out soon.
Or at least we’ll find out Sullivan’s version.
Bring back Jonathon !

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

9898 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:19 pm

Wrong.

A lot of people posting on this thread without knowing the facts. Always best to post when you know the facts.

The £30 million shares option was taken up by Sullivan.
The money has not been paid to the club and is now, allegedly, not being paid until end of July.

I know this for a fact but it was confirmed by Sean Whetstone who has pretty good sources.

Will the club ever see this money?
Well one would assume that if he took up the option he is obliged to pay the money. Having said that, only time will tell I suppose.
Flairon