We need an explanation regarding West ham social media channels

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: We need an explanation regarding West ham social media channels

Post by Newmarket »

B093A8B7-514A-4D26-B374-602388D83767.gif
B093A8B7-514A-4D26-B374-602388D83767.gif (23.57 KiB) Viewed 2068 times
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Why do we need an explanation ?

I mean, who really gives a flying fuck ?

Post by 9898 »

palerider wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:28 pm Why do we need an explanation ?

I mean, who really gives a flying fuck ?
I do.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Rumford

Post by Rumford »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:00 pm
Rumford wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:56 am I know I shouldnt but I will....

West Ham fans is the bit that rankled

Everyone has their own reason for supporting this football club and is obviously allowed their own opinion.

What my problem is when this "support" moves into having an agenda..

From where I am sitting, social media thinks it speaks for a larger majority of supporters than it actually does and of course its opinion is not always that of those who go through the turnstiles but those who watch on a stream on a computer screen.
I agree with Whiskyman.

I get down there once or twice a season now,but like Wm,I use to go all the time home and away especially late 70`s and the 1980's(first went in 1971)..All my kids follow West Ham and all though,they don`t go all the time,they get down there occasionally and love West Ham.

I subscribe to Football channels,(though I have f*cked Sky off a few weeks ago) and still buy merchandise from them,so why shouldn't I have a voice too?Has you can see,I am also on this website a lot.

I will always bleed claret and blue..That`s in my blood till the day I die.

I probably know more about West Ham than 80% plus of those that go,even though that`s not important.I do think a lot speak crap,but they are entitled to their opinion.That`s why I come on here,where you get a more balanced view of things.

Nobody can tell me I am not a proper fan because I don`1t follow them home and away now.
So that gives the website you post on a right to feel they speak for the masses ?

This is a forum for fans, whatever type, to vent their views. Of course that's great. My Issue is with the way social media site runners feel that that should give them preferential treatment when it comes to access and respect.

Some clubs live off their non going match fans, give websites the VIP treatment because they all about fb likes, shirts sales and all that bow locks.

We are a different sort of football club....hopefully

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Rumford wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:49 am
terrya1965 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:00 pm

I agree with Whiskyman.

I get down there once or twice a season now,but like Wm,I use to go all the time home and away especially late 70`s and the 1980's(first went in 1971)..All my kids follow West Ham and all though,they don`t go all the time,they get down there occasionally and love West Ham.

I subscribe to Football channels,(though I have f*cked Sky off a few weeks ago) and still buy merchandise from them,so why shouldn't I have a voice too?Has you can see,I am also on this website a lot.

I will always bleed claret and blue..That`s in my blood till the day I die.

I probably know more about West Ham than 80% plus of those that go,even though that`s not important.I do think a lot speak crap,but they are entitled to their opinion.That`s why I come on here,where you get a more balanced view of things.

Nobody can tell me I am not a proper fan because I don`1t follow them home and away now.
So that gives the website you post on a right to feel they speak for the masses ?

This is a forum for fans, whatever type, to vent their views. Of course that's great. My Issue is with the way social media site runners feel that that should give them preferential treatment when it comes to access and respect.

Some clubs live off their non going match fans, give websites the VIP treatment because they all about fb likes, shirts sales and all that bow locks.

Are you taking a shot at Gonzo & Geo?

Are you saying they are not loyal fans?

I have always known Geo and Gonzo to be at games.They were loyal fans before Hammers Chat started and still are.They both speak their minds and a lot of it`s actually negativity against the board,so I don`t think they would be getting any favours from them tbh.

Like I said before,this is a well balanced website and that is why I come on here.I do agree,you do get knobs on places like Facebook writing total crap.We are all entitled to opinions,even if we don`t agree.

The Football fan thing has changed.If you supported a team a 250 miles up the road 30 years ago,you would get baited and be told,you are not a proper fan.I would be one of them.who would say,why are you supporting Liverpool or Man U?Now you don`t blink an eye to your next door neighbour supporting Barcelona.

Like it or not,that is the way it is nowadays.I much proffered the days Pre Sky & PL,but that is the way it is..Subscribers watching their team from their own homes makes up the fan base.Freebies offered to websites,that is the new age of Football..It`s society has a whole.You Tubers making a living out of it.Different times.

Just glad I grew up in the era I did tbh.

Rumford

Post by Rumford »

Not having a pop at Geo or Gonzo...just social media as a whole.

I know it's not an easy sell on a forum but I honestly believe what social media says and the average match goer thinks are 2 different things

Rumford

Post by Rumford »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:18 am

I have always known Geo and Gonzo to be at games.They were loyal fans before Hammers Chat started and still are.They both speak their minds and a lot of it`s actually negativity against the board,so I don`t think they would be getting any favours from them tbh.

Like I said before,this is a well balanced website and that is why I come on here.I do agree,you do get knobs on places like Facebook writing total crap.We are all entitled to opinions,even if we don`t agree.

The Football fan thing has changed.If you supported a team a 250 miles up the road 30 years ago,you would get baited and be told,you are not a proper fan.I would be one of them.who would say,why are you supporting Liverpool or Man U?Now you don`t blink an eye to your next door neighbour supporting Barcelona.

Like it or not,that is the way it is nowadays.I much proffered the days Pre Sky & PL,but that is the way it is..Subscribers watching their team from their own homes makes up the fan base.Freebies offered to websites,that is the new age of Football..It`s society has a whole.You Tubers making a living out of it.Different times.

I'm 51 btw..

I would much prefer playing in the Championship and sod all this marketing crap too.

I would hate us to turn into a Liverpool or Manchester United.

If that is success...I dont want it.

The point I am trying to make is that we are not that sort of club even with the new fans at the bowl.

I really dont think West Ham social media do a great job at putting the fans view across, there is an attitude where they stick together.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

I would guess pretty much every major football club worldwide has far more non attending fans than ones who actually pass through the turnstiles on a regular basis. Particularly the ones with massive overseas followings of course.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Parcel Force

Post by Parcel Force »

9898 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:40 pm I notice that West Ham social media channels - Kumb, West Ham fan TV, Hammerschat etc - are promoting each other on each on their own channels/websites. This channel is advertised on Kumb and this channel advertises Kumb, which is strange as when this was set up it was stated that it would be the polar opposite of Kumb and a true representation of fans.
We noticed that site CEO went from deriding and lambasting Kumb to actively singing their praises.

Time to come clean, is their an agreement between West Ham social media channels to not criticise each other? Has there been a meeting to agree peace and all take a slice of the pie?
A grown man being bothered about this? Really?

You are one seriously sad sack of shit, you midget thumbed cuntbag.
Ban Avit from making Youtube videos

h69

Post by h69 »

Rumford wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:27 am
terrya1965 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:18 am

I'm 51 btw..

I would much prefer playing in the Championship and sod all this marketing crap too.

I would hate us to turn into a Liverpool or Manchester United.

If that is success...I dont want it.

The point I am trying to make is that we are not that sort of club even with the new fans at the bowl.

I really dont think West Ham social media do a great job at putting the fans view across, there is an attitude where they stick together.
I'm the same age and I 100% agree. I enjoy the away days at the Champ clubs anyway and more games are on at reasonable times.