That’s it for me , I won’t be watching...

Chat about anything football related here!
Towie

Re: That’s it for me , I won’t be watching...

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:42 am
Towie wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:27 pm

Maybe he could have been given an opportunity at Derby or Rangers as per Lampard & Gerrard.
That is all that is been asked with the Rooney rule.

Southend had no wins at all for the season when he took over, so the wins he did get was better than the previous manager, so a little unfair to condemn for that win % rate.

Also done a decent job at Macclesfield season before.
I've heard that he left Macclesfield in part because he wanted to take the team on a pre season training trip to Italy. He was told he couldn't because of the club's financial situation and jacked it in. Don't know if that's true of course, although Macclesfield's financial mismanagement is a matter of record. Oddly enough as is Southend's.
You are correct, both clubs are financially mid managed but that is by the owners not Campbell.
When he took over at Macclesfield they were bottom and certainties for relegation. Players were not getting paid yet he managed to keep them up comfortably.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:17 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:42 am

I've heard that he left Macclesfield in part because he wanted to take the team on a pre season training trip to Italy. He was told he couldn't because of the club's financial situation and jacked it in. Don't know if that's true of course, although Macclesfield's financial mismanagement is a matter of record. Oddly enough as is Southend's.
You are correct, both clubs are financially mid managed but that is by the owners not Campbell.
When he took over at Macclesfield they were bottom and certainties for relegation. Players were not getting paid yet he managed to keep them up comfortably.
Totally agree. But my point was that, presumably, he was aware of the financial situation when he took the job so leaving over a decision made for financial reasons seems odd.

There are many black ex players who, imo, seem to have the necessary knowledge and skills for top managerial positions but, tbh, I've always thought Campbell is a bit of a "chip on the shoulder" sort of bloke.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:36 am
Towie wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:17 am

Totally agree. But my point was that, presumably, he was aware of the financial situation when he took the job so leaving over a decision made for financial reasons seems odd.

There are many black ex players who, imo, seem to have the necessary knowledge and skills for top managerial positions but, tbh, I've always thought Campbell is a bit of a "chip on the shoulder" sort of bloke.
Well I’m sure he probably was made certain promises, which were probably broken. Macclesfield are likely to be docked points for financial irregularities apparently.

I don’t know Campbell but I think his saying look at Gerrard & Lampard walk into major jobs no experience yet it took him several years just to get an opportunity further down the league. All had similar England Careers and professional careers so what was the difference?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Like them or loathe them it’s all about personality at that stage in managerial careers .

Campbell is about as charismatic as a plate of Dog biscuits.

Fuck all to do with what YOU’RE getting at Tow...
Bring back Jonathon !

Rumford

Post by Rumford »

Cannot see this has anything to do with race...

Usually these famous fellas get the chance to manage because of what they bring to the table. Lampard and Gerrard had great relations with their former teams and could use that to bring top drawer kids through. Chuck in the friends they have inside the game and you have a no lose situation.

They also bought great back up teams with them.

Campbell from where I sit is just blaming race because of his own personality shortfalls sadly...

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:29 pm Like them or loathe them it’s all about personality at that stage in managerial careers .

If Sol was sponsored by dog biscuits, I could see him as "Old Mother Hubbard Classic Natural Dog Treats"

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:48 am
terrya1965 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:55 am Amazing really.

Our fantastic NHS have done a wonderful job during this pandemic and we are all so grateful to all.

A black criminal gets killed by a cop 4,000 miles away and the PL decide to make their main tribute to BLM over the NHS.

WHAT AN INSULT!.

You really couldn't make it up.
Totally agree that the hero worship of some criminal scumbag is totally out of order. But try telling people whose cancer. or other important treatment has been put off or reduced because of the panic over Coronavirus that the NHS has done a great job.

Not the fault of the frontline staff of course, but the civil servants who run the fucking thing.
I don`t disagree mate,but that's another subject that quite a few of us have debated over the years.

My Mum is in that category atm mate,so quite difficult..I can`t see her at the moment has she is on the high risk list.Was due to see on Mothers Day,but because of the pandemic..Been a long time,but I speak to her nearly every day.

I have arranged to see her next week though.
Last edited by terrya1965 on Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:55 pm
Newmarket wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:29 pm Like them or loathe them it’s all about personality at that stage in managerial careers .

If Sol was sponsored by dog biscuits, I could see him as "Old Mother Hubbard Classic Natural Dog Treats"
Well he’s definitely not Winalot !!!!

Towie

Post by Towie »

Not what I’m saying, what Campbell was saying.

I was actually defending his managerial record.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Towie wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:35 pm

Not what I’m saying, what Campbell was saying.

I was actually defending his managerial record.
I would like to see him have a crack at a job in a higher League just to see what he can do.