That’s it for me , I won’t be watching...

Chat about anything football related here!
Rick_Deckard

Re: That’s it for me , I won’t be watching...

Post by Rick_Deckard »

"Campbell from where I sit is just blaming race because of his own personality shortfalls sadly..."

this is the black M.O. when they dont get what they for some reason think they have a god given entitlement to...

mental note to self..change avatar and or text....the cunt mcdonald is history....done !....

h69

Post by h69 »

Towie wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:27 pm
h69 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:33 pm Mmmmmm wonder why he can't get a job ?..must be racist.
Maybe he could have been given an opportunity at Derby or Rangers as per Lampard & Gerrard.
That is all that is been asked with the Rooney rule.

Southend had no wins at all for the season when he took over, so the wins he did get was better than the previous manager, so a little unfair to condemn for that win % rate.

Also done a decent job at Macclesfield season before.
Maybe but maybe not. Plenty of white players not been given the chance. Bobby Moore at Oxford City, Alvin at Southend ?

Because Gerrard and Lampard got those eobs at Derby and Rangers does not mean you have to give Campbell a Job in the Champ. Chris Hughton got the chance at Newcastle and then Brighton. What about Paul Ince.....Blackpool and Blackburn

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Perhaps they are all fucking shit at interviews.

Just a thought .

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

Towie

Post by Towie »

h69 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:28 pm
Towie wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:27 pm

Maybe he could have been given an opportunity at Derby or Rangers as per Lampard & Gerrard.
That is all that is been asked with the Rooney rule.

Southend had no wins at all for the season when he took over, so the wins he did get was better than the previous manager, so a little unfair to condemn for that win % rate.

Also done a decent job at Macclesfield season before.
Maybe but maybe not. Plenty of white players not been given the chance. Bobby Moore at Oxford City, Alvin at Southend ?

Because Gerrard and Lampard got those eobs at Derby and Rangers does not mean you have to give Campbell a Job in the Champ. Chris Hughton got the chance at Newcastle and then Brighton. What about Paul Ince.....Blackpool and Blackburn
My main point is H69 is that if you view his managerial record since he was given the chance albeit a lower level his record is not that bad especially with the barnpot clubs he got. I can see his view that that lamps and Gerard both got much higher profile jobs with no managerial experience, yet took him years just to get this opportunity.
I don’t know the reasons why he didn’t those jobs, could be he had the personality of a dog biscuit, but Gerrard’s personality is hardly endearing. Only way we will know is if the people interviewing give their reasons.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

h69

Post by h69 »

Towie wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:26 pm
h69 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:28 pm

My main point is H69 is that if you view his managerial record since he was given the chance albeit a lower level his record is not that bad especially with the barnpot clubs he got. I can see his view that that lamps and Gerard both got much higher profile jobs with no managerial experience, yet took him years just to get this opportunity.
I don’t know the reasons why he didn’t those jobs, could be he had the personality of a dog biscuit, but Gerrard’s personality is hardly endearing. Only way we will know is if the people interviewing give their reasons.
I get that and to be fair, Alvin could have had the same beef.

To be honest, I suspect it was more to do with them being top players with links back to their old clubs than it was anything else. Lampard got a recommendation from Mourinho and Ancelotti I believe whereas Klopp recommended Gerrard. Didnt Gerrard manage the youth team for a season after turning down MK dons (I think it was).

I mean back in the day, Dalglish got the job at Liverpool after being player manager and winning the league whereas Alvin got lumbered at Southend. I really dont see a racism issue more a big name club bias which is fair enough in my view. Ruud Gullit got the job for similar reasons....player coach at Chelsea and then manager at Newcastle. Big name, big job.

If a world class manager sees you coaching kids at Liverpool and gives you a recommendation you are more likely to get a job than a player who once walked out of a game and walked out of his second job.

You just have to be in the right place at the right time. However, clubs should hire who they think will do the best job from all the applicants not have to look at least at one black manager to tick a box.

Do you really think a Premier league club...most of which would sell their own grandmothers for 3 more points and the money the PL brings would care what colour you are as long as you get results and they therefore get more money ?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

h69 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:27 pm

Do you really think a Premier league club...most of which would sell their own grandmothers for 3 more points and the money the PL brings would care what colour you are as long as you get results and they therefore get more money ?
That is very true.The market decides your worth. Always has. The fact that very few clubs when looking for a coach/manager think "Better call Sol.."
might be an indicator of his perceived value.

Towie

Post by Towie »

To be honest, I suspect it was more to do with them being top players with links back to their old clubs than it was anything else. Lampard got a recommendation from Mourinho and Ancelotti I believe whereas Klopp recommended Gerrard. Didnt Gerrard manage the youth team for a season after turning down MK dons (I think it was).

I mean back in the day, Dalglish got the job at Liverpool after being player manager and winning the league whereas Alvin got lumbered at Southend. I really dont see a racism issue more a big name club bias which is fair enough in my view. Ruud Gullit got the job for similar reasons....player coach at Chelsea and then manager at Newcastle. Big name, big job.

If a world class manager sees you coaching kids at Liverpool and gives you a recommendation you are more likely to get a job than a player who once walked out of a game and walked out of his second job.

You just have to be in the right place at the right time. However, clubs should hire who they think will do the best job from all the applicants not have to look at least at one black manager to tick a box.

You could well be right, all valid reasons.

But if it was me as Campbell I know I would be scratching my head wondering why?

And the Rooney rule, I don’t understand why people would have an issue, it’s more to encourage BAME to apply. That can only be a good thing right?
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:32 pm

You could well be right, all valid reasons.

But if it was me as Campbell I know I would be scratching my head wondering why?

And the Rooney rule, I don’t understand why people would have an issue, it’s more to encourage BAME to apply. That can only be a good thing right?
Not sure about the Rooney rule tbh. Isn't it discrimination but the other way round ?

When I ran a business and employed people I had people of various nationalities working for us at various times and each of those people was employed on the basis that, at the time of their interview, I, or the person interviewing them, felt they were the best applicant.

If artificial quotas are imposed to me it means that the BAME employees can't be sure they only got their job because of race, not ability, and I'm sure you'd also get the indigenous white British who were turned down saying they were discriminated against because they're white.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Why do we care what is written on the backs of shirts so much. Quite frankly I am just eager to see some English football so I do not give a fuck.

Irrespective of what gesture is being made, someone can always argue that there is a more worthy cause. Ultimately it is not offensive so let's move on and (hopefully) enjoy some football.
Flairon