That’s it for me , I won’t be watching...

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: That’s it for me , I won’t be watching...

Post by palerider »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:59 pm I reckon the PL are thankful all this shit is done behind closed doors I would imagine quite a few fan’s showing their contempt at this fucking fiasco.
Spot on.

As always with protest movements, the media only show the front end of reality.

Like an iceberg, 9/10th's is below the surface.

And the average person, those who make up about the same percentage of the population are either bored or sickened by what's happening, millions of football fans amongst them.

I already know fans cancelling their Sky subscriptions in disgust.

When the virus finally peters out, which we all hope is soon, there'll be a reckoning. I'll be asking those clever technical types on here about alternatives for myself because I'd I'd like nothing more than to tell Sky to shove their package deep up their arse. But I reckon I'll have to join a fucking long queue.

As I've said before. A massive OG by both Sky and it's lapdog the PL.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:16 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:06 am

You're missing the point imo. We've all been to meetings where someone calls for a show of hands for a vote. One or two people raise their hands. They are the ones whose views you would listen to , whether you agree with them or not, because they have conviction and can usually back up their position with relevant argument, then the others in the audience, not wishing to be the odd ones out, sheepishly look around to see where most of the votes are going. It's called sheepishly for a reason imo. Then those sheep decide to raise their hands, or not, depending on how they interpret the general consensus. And ask those dim fuckers why they voted how they did, even if they voted the same way you did, and they'd struggle to put any sort of response together.

Taking this fucking knee bollocks is exactly the same. Generally speaking the British people are like sheep. They will follow the flock. Why should footballers be any different ?
Question Whisky..........you walk out on the pitch today....your Declan say...do you drop or not...would you be the only one
not to....you are partly right tho,but I understand why they would do it....and like I said....I would do it willingly as a one off
mind you, out of respect to my team mates....and would try and make that fact clear if poss....

But you are right...people are sheep and easily led....mind you come across a few Rams,wouldn't wanna fuck with.... :lol:

(No not Derby fans......)
Not easy to answer in isolation. BUT, and it's a big BUT.

I personally wouldn't kneel but, as this is a topical issue, it's reasonable to assume I would have had conversations with my teammates, including the black ones, and they would know , from those conversations, what my personal position is. Which in my case is that I despise racism but there is no way on the fucking planet would I join in with the hero worship of an American criminal.

And I'd like to feel that if I was the only one who didn't kneel and was asked by the media afterwards why, I would be articulate enough to explain those reasons, in idiot proof language, for the fucking sheep. There would of course be some idiots who wouldn't get the point, you know the sort, like that little wanker in the West Ham shirt that we've seen on here a few times. But as I treat that sort of person with almost the same contempt I treat racism I couldn't really give one if they missed the point. ;)

Get the point you're making though. It can be difficult to go against the flow.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:08 am
mkhammer wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:16 am

Question Whisky..........you walk out on the pitch today....your Declan say...do you drop or not...would you be the only one
not to....you are partly right tho,but I understand why they would do it....and like I said....I would do it willingly as a one off
mind you, out of respect to my team mates....and would try and make that fact clear if poss....

But you are right...people are sheep and easily led....mind you come across a few Rams,wouldn't wanna fuck with.... :lol:

(No not Derby fans......)

I personally wouldn't kneel but, as this is a topical issue, it's reasonable to assume I would have had conversations with my teammates, including the black ones, and they would know , from those conversations, what my personal position is. Which in my case is that I despise racism but there is no way on the fucking planet would I join in with the hero worship of an American criminal.

And I'd like to feel that if I was the only one who didn't kneel and was asked by the media afterwards why, I would be articulate enough to explain those reasons, in idiot proof language, for the fucking sheep.

Get the point you're making though.
If , as you suggest , you’d had these conversations behind closed doors , and you’d made it quite clear to your team mates and management that you were not going to kneel , do you think you would be picked to actually play in the upcoming game or do you think there is the teeny weeny possibility that you would not be picked in order to avoid yet more controversy and to appease the PL masters ?

If you’re unsure , answers on a postcard to

Messrs Ozil & Arteta
C/O Arsenal Football Club Highbury House 75 Drayton Park LONDON N5 1BU.
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:18 am

And I'd like to feel that if I was the only one who didn't kneel and was asked by the media afterwards why, I would be articulate enough to explain those reasons, in idiot proof language, for the fucking sheep.

If , as you suggest , you’d had these conversations behind closed doors , and you’d made it quite clear to your team mates and management that you were not going to kneel , do you think you would be picked to actually play in the upcoming game or do you think there is the teeny weeny possibility that you would not be picked in order to avoid yet more controversy and to appease the PL masters ?

Messrs Ozil & Arteta
I suppose it's possible. Although with Ozil I have it from a source extremely well connected at Arsenal that he was left out because of his refusal to even discuss wage deferrals a few weeks back.

And, tbh, if I felt I was being left out of the side for non footballing reasons I would be off quicker than shit through a goose.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Messrs Ozil & Arteta
I'm wondering if this is the reason why Ozil is not involved.He refuses to go down on one knee.I bet there are a few that don`t want to,but like a few have said ,they won't go against the flow because all the flak they would get,especially from the media.I suppose it may hurt team morale with his black colleagues too.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:30 am

Messrs Ozil & Arteta
I'm wondering if this is the reason why Ozil is not involved.He refuses to go down on one knee.I bet there are a few that don`t want to,but like a few have said ,they won't go against the flow because all the flak they would get,especially from the media.I suppose it may hurt team morale with his black colleagues too.
Wonder no more Tel . And I’ll tell you why as well .

Something has happened to him in the last few months that make him believe that Turkish/German lives matter just as much as everybody else’s lives but that doesn’t fit the PL agenda .

Genuine question though .. who was the other player involved in the incident and did he play the other night ?

I really don’t know hence the question .
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:40 am
terrya1965 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:30 am

Wonder no more Tel . And I’ll tell you why as well .

Something has happened to him in the last few months that make him believe that Turkish/German lives matter just as much as everybody else’s lives but that doesn’t fit the PL agenda .

Genuine question though .. who was the other player involved in the incident and did he play the other night ?

I really don’t know hence the question .
You probably won't hear nothing in the press/media has it dosen't fit their agenda.

Parcel Force

Post by Parcel Force »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:29 am I have it from a source extremely well connected at Arsenal

Clyde from Arsenal fan TV is not well connected, mate.
Last edited by Parcel Force on Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ban Avit from making Youtube videos

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

mkhammer wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:03 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:52 pm
The good Foreign secretary postulated the thought that the knee gesture originated from Game of Thrones and then was ridiculed.

I think it comes from the nursery rhyme One-two buckle my shoe,three-four still on the floor - so it's juvenile in origin and anyway people rarely wear buckle shoes...

So fundamentally it's down to ignorance of world literature. If it happened over 15 years ago,it has no relevance to today's scene shifters...

...Christ I nearly typed shirt lifters there...but luckily I stopped myself,so no harm done...
:lol:

Yeah he made the point that One Kneeing is a sign of servitude...the exact opposite of the thing they are banging on about.....
When you one Knee a Person or a Flag/Emblem....you're saying ...I'll Serve You...and do your bidding..

But when does logic and commonsense... come into things these days......
Stick something up on Social Media....and run with it...fuck the history or what it actually means....
Good point and well made btw.

And it's also adopting a posture of making yourself smaller,often before some imaginary higher power. And that's taken straight out of the animal world. An animal will crouch before a stronger animal and the signal it sends is "look,I'm no threat"

On the more relevant discussion of whether you should be compelled to knee then it's a matter of compromise or context.

So no I would not refuse to, because that then suggests some superior "I know better than you" attitude and I'm a show off,so let's all talk about me bullshit. Very wrong,never go that route.

What you could do,is use the kneeling time to tie your laces,that way combining the functional aspect with the social conforming aspect. And if your laces are untied,then that's a good time to do it. So we could say,the ritual happened at the right time...

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:13 pm
mkhammer wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:03 am

:lol:

Yeah he made the point that One Kneeing is a sign of servitude...the exact opposite of the thing they are banging on about.....
When you one Knee a Person or a Flag/Emblem....you're saying ...I'll Serve You...and do your bidding..

But when does logic and commonsense... come into things these days......
Stick something up on Social Media....and run with it...fuck the history or what it actually means....
Good point and well made btw.

And it's also adopting a posture of making yourself smaller,often before some imaginary higher power. And that's taken straight out of the animal world. An animal will crouch before a stronger animal and the signal it sends is "look,I'm no threat"

On the more relevant discussion of whether you should be compelled to knee then it's a matter of compromise or context.

So no I would not refuse to, because that then suggests some superior "I know better than you" attitude and I'm a show off,so let's all talk about me bullshit. Very wrong,never go that route.

What you could do,is use the kneeling time to tie your laces,that way combining the functional aspect with the social conforming aspect. And if your laces are untied,then that's a good time to do it. So we could say,the ritual happened at the right time...
I don’t find it at all strange that not one premier league player has had the guts to say what he really thinks of this whole sorry business.

Says the man writing this on his fone :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !