That’s it for me , I won’t be watching...

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: That’s it for me , I won’t be watching...

Post by h69 »

Flairon wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:57 pm
h69 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:49 am

It is a social one especially in the US and you are welcome to do just that although I abhor this stuff being connected to sport. I do think they make the issues to be far worse than they really are....I, like Whiskey, lived in the US for a year or so (I lived in Florida) and I didn't come across any issues there. Does not mean there are none but given there was a Black president and a black president in the army recently I dont see that these people are being blocked either. But protest away if it makes you feel better.
I am amazed that you did not see any issues during your time in Florida.

I have lived here (South Florida) for 21 years and they are clear and obvious on a day-to-day basis.

Having said that, I have not seen the nation so divided as I do under this President. The sad joke is that they will probably give him another 4 years. Then again with such pearls of wisdom as. "If we stop testing right now, we'd have very few cased of corona virus", why wouldn't you!?! The man's a fucking genius.

I deplore those that simply wish to riot or loot. However, if we have any hope of moving forward as a society they MUST NOT be allowed to detract from the cause of peaceful protestors. Sportsman or Artists using the public stage to promote that message is therefore fine by me, especially when it shows people of every ethnicity unified.
I lived there a few years ago when people were less woke and offended by everything and Black activists actually stood up for black people.

Not like now where as predicted, BLM, not satisfied with wanting capitalism destroyed, while typing on iPhones and wearing Nike trainers (wrong kind of slaves obviously) have now started on the old Palestine/Israel argument like it is any of their fucking business.

But they are not political.....and peaceful :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I still cannot believe people are falling for this shit. It is the left wing in all their glory.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

h69 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:15 pm
Flairon wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:57 pm

I am amazed that you did not see any issues during your time in Florida.

I have lived here (South Florida) for 21 years and they are clear and obvious on a day-to-day basis.

Having said that, I have not seen the nation so divided as I do under this President. The sad joke is that they will probably give him another 4 years. Then again with such pearls of wisdom as. "If we stop testing right now, we'd have very few cased of corona virus", why wouldn't you!?! The man's a fucking genius.

I deplore those that simply wish to riot or loot. However, if we have any hope of moving forward as a society they MUST NOT be allowed to detract from the cause of peaceful protestors. Sportsman or Artists using the public stage to promote that message is therefore fine by me, especially when it shows people of every ethnicity unified.
I lived there a few years ago when people were less woke and offended by everything and Black activists actually stood up for black people.

Not like now where as predicted, BLM, not satisfied with wanting capitalism destroyed, while typing on iPhones and wearing Nike trainers (wrong kind of slaves obviously) have now started on the old Palestine/Israel argument like it is any of their fucking business.

I still cannot believe people are falling for this shit. It is the left wing in all their glory.
For the most part the BLM movement is about African American's stating that their lives matter 'as well' and calling for an end to systematic racism throughout america.

Whilst there are those that are clearly more radical, their agenda, or that of Antifa or those that simply want to loot or riot, should not be allowed to detract from the validity of that message. It is not about falling for something. It is about standing for a just and righteous cause!
Flairon

h69

Post by h69 »

Flairon wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:10 pm

For the most part the BLM movement is about African American's stating that their lives matter 'as well' and calling for an end to systematic racism throughout america.

Whilst there are those that are clearly more radical, their agenda, or that of Antifa or those that simply want to loot or riot, should not be allowed to detract from the validity of that message. It is not about falling for something. It is about standing for a just and righteous cause!
In America it may be but not here in the UK

For the most part here it is a load of virtual signalling bollocks dreamed up by the left wing to take advantage of woke mugs.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Flairon wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:10 pm

What about standing for something by getting out and voting?
Turnout has been an endemic problem for years in the U.S.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

What does WOKE actually mean and do you have to be White Middle to upper class to be WOKE?

I read that it is of African American origin meaning aware and knowing or "alert to injustice in society, especially racism. I would have thought African American have been aware of this for the past 400+ years. In which case 'Woke' is nothing new.

It appears to be that 'Woke' as a term has come to the fore because of white activist who want to demonstrate how radical, non racist or just down 'with it' they are, or am I wide of the mark there.

My son made an interesting point recently when he said that social media just seemed to be full of people trying to show how less racist they are than everyone else. For many of us on here, we grew up through the influx of people from the Caribbean, India, Pakistan, et al. We experienced many of the social issues when we were young and found our way. At the end of the day, our friends are our friends irrespective of colour, creed, nationality or religion. We make fun of each other, which includes our differences. We do not need to beat our chests and scream to the world how progressive we are or how much we accept people of different races. At the end of the day, our friends are our friends and arse holes are assholes notwithstanding their colour, creed, nationality or religion.
Flairon

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Flairon wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:22 pm What does WOKE actually mean and do you have to be White Middle to upper class to be WOKE?

I read that it is of African American origin meaning aware and knowing or "alert to injustice in society, especially racism. I would have thought African American have been aware of this for the past 400+ years. In which case 'Woke' is nothing new.

It appears to be that 'Woke' as a term has come to the fore because of white activist who want to demonstrate how radical, non racist or just down 'with it' they are, or am I wide of the mark there.

My son made an interesting point recently when he said that social media just seemed to be full of people trying to show how less racist they are than everyone else. For many of us on here, we grew up through the influx of people from the Caribbean, India, Pakistan, et al. We experienced many of the social issues when we were young and found our way. At the end of the day, our friends are our friends irrespective of colour, creed, nationality or religion. We make fun of each other, which includes our differences. We do not need to beat our chests and scream to the world how progressive we are or how much we accept people of different races. At the end of the day, our friends are our friends and arse holes are assholes notwithstanding their colour, creed, nationality or religion.
Nicely elucidated. Where some of the friction exists is where people actively want to demonstrate their open commitment to other peoples causes. Very often people wish they fucked off and stopped bandwaggoning.

Because you can't always join somebody's club. So they can't say queer because their not gay. And they can't use the N word as a reference because their not black. And none of them like that...because they think they are the progressive ones

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Flairon wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:22 pm What does WOKE actually mean and do you have to be White Middle to upper class to be WOKE?

I make you spot on there tbh. All this BLM stuff in the UK has nothing to do with the original concept of the movement in the US. And it's probably only supported by, at best, 5% of the population. The "taking the knee" bollocks, and I think it is bollocks when it takes place over here is purely symbolic and is hardly likely to persuade tens of thousands of people to suddenly become radicalised and rush off on a looting spree. We see loony lefties pulling down statues shaven headed former football hooligan "faces" mobilising the forces of the ultra right, themselves supported by a similar single digit number I'd guess.

Might be the same in the US because there is effectively a 2 party system over there just as there is here. But , unlike most countries in the world, our two party system stifles the vast majority of the population, the sensible moderate majority, from having a voice. The Labour party, at least under Corbyn, was the property of the Marxist ultra left and Tory MPs, like their Labour counterparts, who are selected by local constituency party members who total under 200,000 NATIONALLY, tend to be selected on the basis of their ideology rather than their intellect because of this.

Which is why we have this talentless bunch of clowns running the country at the moment. And imagine what it would have been like if Corbyn's lot had won the last election. We have the option of an isolationist, nationalistic Tory party or a Marxist controlled Labour party as alternatives.

Hardly any surprise that the UK is sliding backwards in the world economic league.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

aklhammer

Post by aklhammer »

Flairon wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:57 pm Having said that, I have not seen the nation so divided as I do under this President. The sad joke is that they will probably give him another 4 years.
I find it weird that people blame the division so much on Trump, for me so much of this shit is being sown by his detractors and opponents. Is it his actions causing this or just what people have been told or think he represents? When you look at the lengths these Democrats have gone to slander him, impeach him, provoke him into action, drag his supreme court choices through the mud, oppose all his bills, and then when you see a lot of these protests linked to Democrat funded foundations, it shouldn't be just 4 more years he gets, he should get more to make up for all the wasted energy spent this term 8-) . The way I see it, alot of these problems have been caused because the Democrats were voted to rule the House mid term. It would help if the Republican party were all actual republicans too ffs. Give him the House and get rid of the RINO's and at least then we can judge Trump on how much of an idiot he is without all this fake turmoil. If Trump does win again I fear that early 2020 will be a fraction of what we might see November time, but I wont blame him for it like some idiots do. Unless, of course, he tweets the N word when elected :D
Matamata

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

aklhammer wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:33 am
Flairon wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:57 pm Having said that, I have not seen the nation so divided as I do under this President. The sad joke is that they will probably give him another 4 years.
I find it weird that people blame the division so much on Trump, for me so much of this shit is being sown by his detractors and opponents. Is it his actions causing this or just what people have been told or think he represents? When you look at the lengths these Democrats have gone to slander him, impeach him, provoke him into action, drag his supreme court choices through the mud, oppose all his bills, and then when you see a lot of these protests linked to Democrat funded foundations, it shouldn't be just 4 more years he gets, he should get more to make up for all the wasted energy spent this term 8-) . The way I see it, alot of these problems have been caused because the Democrats were voted to rule the House mid term. It would help if the Republican party were all actual republicans too ffs. Give him the House and get rid of the RINO's and at least then we can judge Trump on how much of an idiot he is without all this fake turmoil. If Trump does win again I fear that early 2020 will be a fraction of what we might see November time, but I wont blame him for it like some idiots do. Unless, of course, he tweets the N word when elected :D
Sounds from that as if the US system has the same flaws as ours. If there are Republicans in the house who aren't really republicans and democrats who aren't really democrats it's probably because, like in this country there are only two stark choices. A rigid, right leaning Tory (Republican) party(**) and a very left leaning Labour (Democratic) party. Hobson's choice, as they say. PR is clearly the answer, as practised pretty much everywhere else, but of course it will never happen because of vested interest.

(**)Or at least the Tories were a right leaning party until they embarked on their recent borrowing spree that would even make Comrade Lenin's eyes water. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

Unfortunately this kind of response is exactly the issue I have with all this. Immediately it talks about white middle class people. Woke is nothing to do with race.

Being woke means being permanently offended by everything and everything and wanting anything banned that you don't agree with. Lets get rid of statues, lets remove history, lets complain about breakfast cereals, removing the term man hole covers because it is supposedly sexist. Same with Linesmen.

In this case the supposed reason is racism but really it is usually about the left wing trying to destabilise the govt they didnt vote for, months ago it was about Brexit etc etc. They are now even wading in to the Israel/Palestine argument....what has that to do with Black lives ?

You can complain about the state of America all you want but in the UK....this is a left wing protest by a bunch of mugs who dont want to work.

Funny you mention 'We make fun of each other, which includes our differences'.....Er no.....BLM want this to stop as it is racist (if it is white directed at black) this is exactly what the woke left want to remove hence the removal of dozens of movies and TV programmes as they are all offended. By supporting this bullshit we enable them.