That’s it for me , I won’t be watching...

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
Dwayne Pipes
Posts: 4048
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:46 pm
x 50
x 355

Re: That’s it for me , I won’t be watching...

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

h69 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:02 am
Flairon wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:41 am


No one said you have to take a knee and no one 8s forcing you to are they. However, I certainly respect a person's right to protest in a peaceful manner.

I live in the States and I understand how and why the BLM was born (in so much as a white person might).

Whilst you say that racism is a think of the past in the U.K
Blacks are still more likely to be stopped by the police than any other ethnicity. Needless to say not every person stopped is guilty.

There is a case here in Miami Gardens where a chap was arrested over 60 times for trespassing at a gas station where he worked. Even after the owner got him to move into the premises the police routinely arrested him despite the owner's protests.

The unfortunate thing is that for every peaceful protestor there is and anarchist or petty thief that wants to hijack the protest for their own agenda. That should not however detract from the validity of the message.
There is a reason why marketing costs a fortune and political messages are banned from sport Flair. It is because it is there to influence people. That is why it is banned.

Why should going to watch a football team I support in London mean I have to be indoctrinated in a protest about non-existent oppression in this country, to watch black players with their fist in the air. This is not America, they are not racially oppressed....it is a combination of black people taking advantage of our liberal media to try and gain sympathy for something that is not there and is more an anti-capitalist demonstration.

If they want to march up and down the road peacefully in London bleating that they are oppressed then fine but keep it out of sport....but of course they behaved like animals and started pulling down statues which is not fine. Even had I supported their message and thought there was oppression here, I would not now.

You want to complain about oppression in the US.....knock yourselves out in the US but it has fuck all to do with the UK and Whisky, my point exactly is that we should not be involved in the US affairs and they should have butted out of our policy in Ireland. That is consistent and I am not sure why you find that Ironic.

As for stop and search.....I got stopped twice to prove I owned my car this year up in the midlands but I have no issue with it as it was my car....should I march now ?....the only people in my mind who bleat about Stop and Search appear to be the drug dealers and crims.

There was just a big stop and search operation in Hillingdon borough last week that netted 137 arrests. The racial profile of those matched the racial profile of the borough....mostly White and Asian dealers.....

Clearly the bloke in Miami was an extreme case but a bloke in Miami being picked on means I have to sit here and watch a load of footballers acting like they care about black people by kneeling. Its bollocks....most of them dont care and those that are black are now trying to claim everything is racist.

We didnt have a race issue before this nonsense....we do now. It has started a race war here hence why you see banners being flown where white lives matter gets you fired from your job but black lives matter is a noble cause.....that is racist.

George Floyd was a scumbag criminal who was killed in an incident of police brutality...his killer should and will go to jail. There have been white people also killed exactly the same way and their killers should go to jail but didnt in one case.... but no one is kneeling for them.....that is racist.

The Police in the US need reform....yes, We need a global bleeding heart campaign.....no. So many people now feel we live in a country where BAME people don't get the same opportunities as white people but those same people have no evidence of this.

Hopefully if Khan loses the London Mayoral election next year and Shaun Bailey (The best man for the job IMO) gets elected, people might start to calm down in London as he is the best person for the job and is on the register as a candidate because he had the same opportunity as every other applicant.

This was London last night :

Fucking animals the lot of em the Police have made a rod for their own back letting these cunts kick off too fucking lightly, led by a politically correct dyke that wouldn’t know her cunt from her fucking elbow .
Fuck the OB the lightweight cunts.

User avatar
terrya1965
Posts: 6086
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:48 pm
x 216
x 216

Re: That’s it for me , I won’t be watching...

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:45 am
terrya1965 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:20 am


Our country is completely different to America.We are equals ,apart from the Aristocrats.Many of our MP's come from ethnic backgrounds,so you can't say they are misrepresented.

I do understand it in where you live more,but not in the UK.
America elected a black president. Not sure how many Senators or Congressmen are black but certainly there are a great many black mayors in many American cities. There are also some very high ranking black men and women in the U S armed forces. I agree racism isn't a problem here but maybe it's not as much of a problem over there as some would like us to believe.

The BLM movement is , as a lot of people are saying, politically motivated. But I find it a bit ironic that many people saying we in the UK shouldn't get involved because it is an American issue are probably the very same people who got very sniffy years ago when there were protests in the US about the UK's policy in Northern Ireland.

In my experience people are only extremists if you happen to disagree with their views.
Like I said,I think in the UK,we have more equality than any other country in the world.There is more police brutality there in USA and only someone like Flairon can tell us what that is like,because the majority of us don't live or have never lived there.

User avatar
terrya1965
Posts: 6086
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:48 pm
x 216
x 216

Re: That’s it for me , I won’t be watching...

Post by terrya1965 »

h69 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:09 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:08 pm


I certainly wouldn't describe our media, in the collective sense, as "liberal". I accept of course there are a small number of left leaning newspapers and, of course, the state funded BBC, but the overwhelming political stance of the printed media is most certainly right of centre.
BBC
ITV
SKY
C4

These are all very left of center. Sure there are printed newspapers of both sides but to be honest I was not even including them as who even reads a newspaper nowadays.
Don't leave out Talksport either.
Use to be a Sports Station,but now`s it all about politics in Sport.I have listened for 20 odd years,when it first began,but don't listen no more,apart from Alan Brazil.It Just drives me crazy.It has been constant BLM show after show..Sky are no better.I do find it quite odd considering they are both owned by a right wing owner in Murdoch..Maybe its all a distraction,because something don't add up.

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 11694
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 44
x 279

Re: That’s it for me , I won’t be watching...

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:40 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:45 am


America elected a black president. Not sure how many Senators or Congressmen are black but certainly there are a great many black mayors in many American cities. There are also some very high ranking black men and women in the U S armed forces. I agree racism isn't a problem here but maybe it's not as much of a problem over there as some would like us to believe.

The BLM movement is , as a lot of people are saying, politically motivated. But I find it a bit ironic that many people saying we in the UK shouldn't get involved because it is an American issue are probably the very same people who got very sniffy years ago when there were protests in the US about the UK's policy in Northern Ireland.

In my experience people are only extremists if you happen to disagree with their views.
Like I said,I think in the UK,we have more equality than any other country in the world.There is more police brutality there in USA and only someone like Flairon can tell us what that is like,because the majority of us don't live or have never lived there.
Imo you can't get more "equal", if talking about race, than a country which has a majority of white citizens electing a black man to it's top office. I have lived and worked in the USA, admittedly only for a short time before my then employer moved me to Germany, but one thing that was certainly the case then, and probably is still the case now given the woeful statistics of successful prosecutions in this country, is that the police over there are more effective in bringing offenders to justice.
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 11694
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 44
x 279

Re: That’s it for me , I won’t be watching...

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:03 pm
h69 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:09 pm


BBC
ITV
SKY
C4

These are all very left of center. Sure there are printed newspapers of both sides but to be honest I was not even including them as who even reads a newspaper nowadays.
Don't leave out Talksport either.
Use to be a Sports Station,but now`s it all about politics in Sport.I have listened for 20 odd years,when it first began,but don't listen no more,apart from Alan Brazil.It Just drives me crazy.It has been constant BLM show after show..Sky are no better.I do find it quite odd considering they are both owned by a right wing owner in Murdoch..Maybe its all a distraction,because something don't add up.
Murdoch no longer owns Sky. The Fox Corporation sold it's controlling interest around 2 years ago. Don't think Talk Sport has ever had any involvement with Murdoch Terry.
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
normannomates
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:15 pm
x 22
x 5

Re: That’s it for me , I won’t be watching...

Post by normannomates »

Dwayne Pipes wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:59 pm
h69 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:02 am
It all stinks..im certain most of you have seen plod doing what they like where we are concerned.. Not shy in dishing it out.. With these vermin cunts?..

There is a reason why marketing costs a fortune and political messages are banned from sport Flair. It is because it is there to influence people. That is why it is banned.

Why should going to watch a football team I support in London mean I have to be indoctrinated in a protest about non-existent oppression in this country, to watch black players with their fist in the air. This is not America, they are not racially oppressed....it is a combination of black people taking advantage of our liberal media to try and gain sympathy for something that is not there and is more an anti-capitalist demonstration.

If they want to march up and down the road peacefully in London bleating that they are oppressed then fine but keep it out of sport....but of course they behaved like animals and started pulling down statues which is not fine. Even had I supported their message and thought there was oppression here, I would not now.

You want to complain about oppression in the US.....knock yourselves out in the US but it has fuck all to do with the UK and Whisky, my point exactly is that we should not be involved in the US affairs and they should have butted out of our policy in Ireland. That is consistent and I am not sure why you find that Ironic.

As for stop and search.....I got stopped twice to prove I owned my car this year up in the midlands but I have no issue with it as it was my car....should I march now ?....the only people in my mind who bleat about Stop and Search appear to be the drug dealers and crims.

There was just a big stop and search operation in Hillingdon borough last week that netted 137 arrests. The racial profile of those matched the racial profile of the borough....mostly White and Asian dealers.....

Clearly the bloke in Miami was an extreme case but a bloke in Miami being picked on means I have to sit here and watch a load of footballers acting like they care about black people by kneeling. Its bollocks....most of them dont care and those that are black are now trying to claim everything is racist.

We didnt have a race issue before this nonsense....we do now. It has started a race war here hence why you see banners being flown where white lives matter gets you fired from your job but black lives matter is a noble cause.....that is racist.

George Floyd was a scumbag criminal who was killed in an incident of police brutality...his killer should and will go to jail. There have been white people also killed exactly the same way and their killers should go to jail but didnt in one case.... but no one is kneeling for them.....that is racist.

The Police in the US need reform....yes, We need a global bleeding heart campaign.....no. So many people now feel we live in a country where BAME people don't get the same opportunities as white people but those same people have no evidence of this.

Hopefully if Khan loses the London Mayoral election next year and Shaun Bailey (The best man for the job IMO) gets elected, people might start to calm down in London as he is the best person for the job and is on the register as a candidate because he had the same opportunity as every other applicant.

This was London last night :

Fucking animals the lot of em the Police have made a rod for their own back letting these cunts kick off too fucking lightly, led by a politically correct dyke that wouldn’t know her cunt from her fucking elbow .
Fuck the OB the lightweight cunts.

User avatar
Flairon
Posts: 2288
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:45 am
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL, U.S.A.
x 80
x 40
Contact:

Re: That’s it for me , I won’t be watching...

Post by Flairon »

h69 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:02 am
Flairon wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:41 am


No one said you have to take a knee and no one 8s forcing you to are they. However, I certainly respect a person's right to protest in a peaceful manner.

I live in the States and I understand how and why the BLM was born (in so much as a white person might).

Whilst you say that racism is a think of the past in the U.K
Blacks are still more likely to be stopped by the police than any other ethnicity. Needless to say not every person stopped is guilty.

There is a case here in Miami Gardens where a chap was arrested over 60 times for trespassing at a gas station where he worked. Even after the owner got him to move into the premises the police routinely arrested him despite the owner's protests.

The unfortunate thing is that for every peaceful protestor there is and anarchist or petty thief that wants to hijack the protest for their own agenda. That should not however detract from the validity of the message.
There is a reason why marketing costs a fortune and political messages are banned from sport Flair. It is because it is there to influence people. That is why it is banned.

Why should going to watch a football team I support in London mean I have to be indoctrinated in a protest about non-existent oppression in this country, to watch black players with their fist in the air. This is not America, they are not racially oppressed....it is a combination of black people taking advantage of our liberal media to try and gain sympathy for something that is not there and is more an anti-capitalist demonstration.

If they want to march up and down the road peacefully in London bleating that they are oppressed then fine but keep it out of sport....but of course they behaved like animals and started pulling down statues which is not fine. Even had I supported their message and thought there was oppression here, I would not now.

You want to complain about oppression in the US.....knock yourselves out in the US but it has fuck all to do with the UK and Whisky, my point exactly is that we should not be involved in the US affairs and they should have butted out of our policy in Ireland. That is consistent and I am not sure why you find that Ironic.

As for stop and search.....I got stopped twice to prove I owned my car this year up in the midlands but I have no issue with it as it was my car....should I march now ?....the only people in my mind who bleat about Stop and Search appear to be the drug dealers and crims.

There was just a big stop and search operation in Hillingdon borough last week that netted 137 arrests. The racial profile of those matched the racial profile of the borough....mostly White and Asian dealers.....

Clearly the bloke in Miami was an extreme case but a bloke in Miami being picked on means I have to sit here and watch a load of footballers acting like they care about black people by kneeling. Its bollocks....most of them dont care and those that are black are now trying to claim everything is racist.

We didnt have a race issue before this nonsense....we do now. It has started a race war here hence why you see banners being flown where white lives matter gets you fired from your job but black lives matter is a noble cause.....that is racist.

George Floyd was a scumbag criminal who was killed in an incident of police brutality...his killer should and will go to jail. There have been white people also killed exactly the same way and their killers should go to jail but didnt in one case.... but no one is kneeling for them.....that is racist.

The Police in the US need reform....yes, We need a global bleeding heart campaign.....no. So many people now feel we live in a country where BAME people don't get the same opportunities as white people but those same people have no evidence of this.

Hopefully if Khan loses the London Mayoral election next year and Shaun Bailey (The best man for the job IMO) gets elected, people might start to calm down in London as he is the best person for the job and is on the register as a candidate because he had the same opportunity as every other applicant.

This was London last night :

To my mind it is a social issue, as opposed to a political one.

It is something that we should all want addressed and rectified. They fact that is does not affect "us" because the colour of our skin should not be a factor. If someone wishes to demonstrate their support for a movement by peacefully taking a knee, we should support their right to do so.

On the other hand those that wish to loot or riot should be treated accordingly.
Flairon

User avatar
terrya1965
Posts: 6086
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:48 pm
x 216
x 216

Re: That’s it for me , I won’t be watching...

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:59 am
terrya1965 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:03 pm


Don't leave out Talksport either.
Use to be a Sports Station,but now`s it all about politics in Sport.I have listened for 20 odd years,when it first began,but don't listen no more,apart from Alan Brazil.It Just drives me crazy.It has been constant BLM show after show..Sky are no better.I do find it quite odd considering they are both owned by a right wing owner in Murdoch..Maybe its all a distraction,because something don't add up.
Murdoch no longer owns Sky. The Fox Corporation sold it's controlling interest around 2 years ago. Don't think Talk Sport has ever had any involvement with Murdoch Terry.
Hope this helps

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/ ... -220m-deal

User avatar
h69
Posts: 4496
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex
x 206
x 122

Re: That’s it for me , I won’t be watching...

Post by h69 »

Flairon wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:42 am
h69 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:02 am


There is a reason why marketing costs a fortune and political messages are banned from sport Flair. It is because it is there to influence people. That is why it is banned.
To my mind it is a social issue, as opposed to a political one.

It is something that we should all want addressed and rectified. They fact that is does not affect "us" because the colour of our skin should not be a factor. If someone wishes to demonstrate their support for a movement by peacefully taking a knee, we should support their right to do so.

On the other hand those that wish to loot or riot should be treated accordingly.
It is a social one especially in the US and you are welcome to do just that although I abhor this stuff being connected to sport. I do think they make the issues to be far worse than they really are....I, like Whiskey, lived in the US for a year or so (I lived in Florida) and I didn't come across any issues there. Does not mean there are none but given there was a Black president and a black president in the army recently I dont see that these people are being blocked either. But protest away if it makes you feel better.

However what I cant get through to Hammertime is that this country is not Alabama and in this country there are two sets of people that have jumped on this bandwagon and used it as a pass to commit crime, loot and call everyone a racist

1) Black people who want to take advantage of this to attack the police and loot. We saw riots in Brixton on Wed and Notting Hill last night where they just attack the police and the left wing media try and spin it (see below)

2) Anti-capitalists. These people want to bring down the govt and create an anarchic state as they want everything handed to them, wont work and use any excuse to cause problems. It was Anti-capitalism then it was XR and not this bullshit BLM movement.

So that is why I find all this virtue signalling appalling. We are a very different country to the US and had a country that actually has the least racism in Europe.

Now we have riots by black people every night because they can get away and white people sacked from their jobs for saying their lives matter and all of this is down to the supposed BLM movement. It has put race relations back 20 years here and given the woke left a platform backed by the media.

I feel sorry for the police. Their leadership is too weak and cowtows to the left as well but the men and women on the ground don't deserve this. Hammertime calls me a racist because I am appalled by these actions. I'm not surprised but I did like this cops view.


User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 11694
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 44
x 279

Re: That’s it for me , I won’t be watching...

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:21 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:59 am


Murdoch no longer owns Sky. The Fox Corporation sold it's controlling interest around 2 years ago. Don't think Talk Sport has ever had any involvement with Murdoch Terry.
Hope this helps

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/ ... -220m-deal
Whoever said you live and learn certainly got that one right. ;)

Must be losing my grip since I retired.
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Post Reply