Heads up!!!! NEW FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Chat about anything football related here!
Gonzo

Re: Heads up!!!! NEW FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by Gonzo »

DanishHammer wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:45 am
Jphammer wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:19 am

I'm getting the same here. However if I logon via my desktop , I get the quote marks, even after posting a quote.

I will look into this a it looks to be mobile related .

Temporary work around, when you click reply, scroll down and you will see previous replies. I'm able to click on the speech mark button there.

As Gonzo said, you can never properly test something untill it's in use.
It has to do with the mobile friendly part. If you turn your mobile in landscape mode, the quote works.
Did you know that JP?

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Okay, we're going to test a claret then a blue background and tweak so bits.

eastcoastclaret
Location: Chris Eubank has written a book about ethics. If it sells well, he'll write one about Kent too

Post by eastcoastclaret »

Looking good so far gentlemen 8-) . Congrats on trying to keep the site fresh looking. As someone who barely gets by in the internet world I do appreciate the effort that goes into these changes.
If I may add but a few early thoughts,
The pages are a little too bright for my beer filled eyes however I find that now I have sun reactive glasses they automatically darken the moment I log on which helps but I’ve been told when I take my glasses off I look like one of the people in the stand from the movie Coneheads after the firework scene.... :D
Because of the brightness and having to squint I’ve not, as yet, seen the “ all topics read” feature. I found it particularly useful in when i log in
Lastly, update the emojis!
whufc_crest
gonna need a bigger boat...my thumbs have gone weird...weleese bwian...I didn't eat the salmon mousse...nice beaver...like a glove...I have nipples Greg...the details of my life...he's not the messiah....

Jphammer

Post by Jphammer »

Gonzo wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:48 am
DanishHammer wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:45 am It has to do with the mobile friendly part. If you turn your mobile in landscape mode, the quote works.
Did you know that JP?
No, but doesn't work for me .

Was working in portrait mode original.
PEBCAK = Problem Exist Between Chair And Keyboard

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

eastcoastclaret wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:51 am Looking good so far gentlemen 8-) . Congrats on trying to keep the site fresh looking. As someone who barely gets by in the internet world I do appreciate the effort that goes into these changes.
If I may add but a few early thoughts,
The pages are a little too bright for my beer filled eyes however I find that now I have sun reactive glasses they automatically darken the moment I log on which helps but I’ve been told when I take my glasses off I look like one of the people in the stand from the movie Coneheads after the firework scene.... :D
Because of the brightness and having to squint I’ve not, as yet, seen the “ all topics read” feature. I found it particularly useful in when i log in
Lastly, update the emojis!
whufc_crest
Thanks mate, we're on both issues.

Clearly if everyone is saying that it's too white/bright then it is. We're looking at a claret\blue or two tone . . . . we'll trial the first one tonight.

As for the emojis, I added those on the very first version so they're due an overhaul. I tend to just use the device options these days ⚒

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Gonzo wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:29 am
andyginbrasil wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:15 am

Fucking shite........ :lol: :lol: Brasil Managed to change a health issue into a full blooded political war a now they are suffering.
But otherwise all's ok and luckily hasn't effected us too much .....yet.....
I'm looking forward to the football starting again, to give me a chance to restore some normality..if you can call it that... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Has all south American football stopped or just Brazil? I've not heard much about the other countries.
Basically it all came to a grinding halt, Brasil is looking to restart at the end of the month..... :lol:

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Jphammer wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:31 am
ToneLoc wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:17 am It doesn’t seem to load on the Safari browser (iPhone & IPad).

Colour scheme a tad too bright for me. But then I do have sensitive mincers anyhow !!
Morning ,

Do you get a white screen? Does the loading bar finish loading but nothing happens or does it get stuck ?
The former :)
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Landscape mode a no no here .

It’ll be a “Apple is a cunt company” issue I expect
Bring back Jonathon !

Jphammer

Post by Jphammer »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:32 pm Landscape mode a no no here .

It’ll be a “Apple is a cunt company” issue I expect
Android here !

Jphammer

Post by Jphammer »

ToneLoc wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:06 pm
Jphammer wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:31 am Morning ,

Do you get a white screen? Does the loading bar finish loading but nothing happens or does it get stuck ?
The former :)
Just tested on my iPad and it's working for me . Reckon it must be cookie / cache issue.