Heads up!!!! NEW FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Heads up!!!! NEW FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by Whiskyman »

Maybe I'm being more dense than usual but how would any financial arrangement between web owners, if any such arrangement existed, affect what us cunts who use the forum post ?

May I however point out to Gonzo, and any other website owners who may be passing by, that my future postings could very conceivably be influenced by deposits into my bank accounts. Details of which I will be happy to provide following the appropriate negotiation of terms.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

This has got to be thread of the century.
For what its worth, I like the new layout. Well done all the Admins.

Oh and I know Graeme pretty well. I played football with him for a team in the 90s where West Ham gave us their real kit and he has been a friend to me.

Still blocked me on KUMB though as I dont like his views on the stadium or his politics but I take that on the chin and so I cant comment on what he has done on the Coaches front.

oh and numbers is still a shit stirrer !

Chill everyone.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

pedantic maybe, but one thing that bugs me is the subject lay out. , for example " West Ham Win..." which is followed beneath by replies 49 by 1234. cant you reverse the last two. you dont really need the replies by there as you have it on the right hand side anyway.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:04 am This has got to be thread of the century.

Oh and I know Graeme pretty well. I played football with him for a team in the 90s where West Ham gave us their real kit and he has been a friend to me.

Still blocked me on KUMB though as I dont like his views on the stadium or his politics but I take that on the chin and so I cant comment on what he has done on the Coaches front.

Chill everyone.
I don't know Howlett but, imo, banning people for disagreeing with a particular view is childish in the extreme and, surely, defeats the object of a forum. I decided to bin the site when I was suspended for 2 weeks for suggesting, on a thread about their very own protected species the "ITKs" it might be an idea to award points for rumours that proved to be correct.

It wasn't he who issued my suspension, that was some fucking local government jobsworth from Bristol, but it is their policy apparently so as the site's head honcho I guess he has to approve the policy. Makes it a bit like a forum would have been like under the old soviet system. Post that the government is wonderful or don't post anything at all. ;)

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:45 am
h69 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:04 am This has got to be thread of the century.

Chill everyone.
I don't know Howlett but, imo, banning people for disagreeing with a particular view is childish in the extreme and, surely, defeats the object of a forum. I decided to bin the site when I was suspended for 2 weeks for suggesting, on a thread about their very own protected species the "ITKs" it might be an idea to award points for rumours that proved to be correct.

It wasn't he who issued my suspension, that was some fucking local government jobsworth from Bristol, but it is their policy apparently so as the site's head honcho I guess he has to approve the policy. Makes it a bit like a forum would have been like under the old soviet system. Post that the government is wonderful or don't post anything at all. ;)
Yep . How anybody can even begin to compare this forum to KUMB is beyond me .

Somebody , who shall remain nameless 😊 even started a thread a couple of years ago stating that THIS HERE was the most heavily moderated forum out there 😂.

Funny thread but not as ridiculous as this one .
Bring back Jonathon !

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

eskimo joe wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:19 am pedantic maybe, but one thing that bugs me is the subject lay out. , for example " West Ham Win..." which is followed beneath by replies 49 by 1234. cant you reverse the last two. you dont really need the replies by there as you have it on the right hand side anyway.

Gotcha 👍

I'll look at that.

We're just dealing with some issues on the iPAD usability then we'll get on that.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

9898 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:47 pm
Gonzo wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:57 pm

It's quite fitting that you turned up.

The closest that we ever got to legal action was when you posted a thread suggesting that Betway were transferring money into mine and Geo's account.

As for the mates coming to talk, what on earth would you know about it? You've never joined in, never been friendly, always sat on the sidelines insulting and sniping.

You've been banned so many times it's ridiculous.

I'll say what I've said numerous times before....

Do something constructive. If you don't like the forum then fuck off.

I'll not edit or delete my post and certainly don't need to give you 'clarity' about the social media links. You seem to think that you're some sort of auditor but you're not, you are a shit stirrer who is one post away from getting banned again (insert megalomaniac lough where suitable).

Put simply you can only shit on someone's door mat so many times before you stop getting invited in.
Wow, slight over reaction.
I guess your following your 'business' friends Claret and Hughs example, and threatening to ban anyone who has a different opinion.
You are obviously tense tonight and I understand that, you don't want anyone spoiling a 'happy' atmosphere for the next push on your social media channels tomorrow.

Genuinely, no wind up, ban or no ban as you can because this is YOUR website, the social media venture will stall. The problem is you have both gone from authentic fans to two 'characters' who seem to be acting to the camera. The appeal of that will not last.
Go back to being fans commenting on issue to have a chance of progression, otherwise I see a situation where you pick up a few subscribers here and there, without getting anywhere and the coffee won't be worth the grind, resulting in a loss of interest.
No really, you've done years of shit stirring, jibes and insults so if you remove the context then it might seem like an overreaction.

Ridiculously I sometimes react to it and sometimes I let it go but you are a massive twat.

You're right about one thing though, I'm not in the mood for it today. It's matchday and I can't be arsed policing and moderating your comments. I really don't know why you felt compelled to have the last word?

Take the week off.

JayK

Post by JayK »

After having had a few visits since the update, I don't mind it. The only thing I struggle with is notifications where I can't really tell what's a new reply or quote.
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

JayK wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:10 am After having had a few visits since the update, I don't mind it. The only thing I struggle with is notifications where I can't really tell what's a new reply or quote.
Yes that’s true
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:23 am
JayK wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:10 am After having had a few visits since the update, I don't mind it. The only thing I struggle with is notifications where I can't really tell what's a new reply or quote.
Yes that’s true
Just a suggestion. Can one of the teccies, I know there are some good ones who post here, maybe fix it so that you get two different colours where there have been several replies ? And being really clever co-ordinate the colour of the reply with the posters name at the top. Probably can't be done but where there's a will--------. ;)

One huge improvement is the white background. Sometimes on the old layout it was fucking difficult to read stuff on that blue background .