All this Sky hate is ridiculous

Chat about anything football related here!

All this Sky hate is ridiculous

Post by 9898 »

They want football back. yeah, and? They are business that supply a SUPERB product and want it back to protect their investment. No big deal
Pubs want to re-open to protect their investment. Small businesses want to re-start to protect their business.

Sky have upgraded the product x1000 and more people than ever watch it.

Football has never been any different in terms of wanting to make money. Moore wanted to join Spurs for money. West am sold Rio for money. Clubs have always sold fans tickets for player award nights for money. Clubs took shirt sponsors for money. Di Canio loves West ham for money.

Sky provide an outstanding product but fans love to moan about ANYTHING but still post, talk and watch football.

Fact is Sky have been superb for football but everyone nowadays likes to moan and seek attention.

Respect Sky and the PL for what they have done for football and enjoy its return.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

tassiehammer

Re: All this Sky hate is ridiculous

Post by tassiehammer »

But isn't the main gripe about whether its safe to restart? Putting money before health?
And keeping our spot in the prem. :)
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

So two wrongs make a right.?! We all want certain things in life but should human life be sacrificed to obtain it? I guess looking at history the answer is yes to many, so i guess we shouldnt expect any different now. Greed over comes all.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Have to admit I agree with the numerical one.

Sky only provide the vast sums of money to broadcast the games . If the clubs choose to spend all that money on player salaries and inflated transfer fees I don't see how Sky can be blamed.

The usual criticism of Sky is that the cost of subscription is too high. Isn't the answer simply not to pay it if that's what you think ? Another gripe is their over hyping of the transfer window coverage. I must admit I do find all the transfer babble completely boring so my answer is basically not to watch Jim White and his merry band salivating over how many millions have been, or will be, spent on the latest average holding midfield player.

Tbh it's never really clear to me if the people who constantly gripe about Sky would rather go back to the days when live tv football was as rare as rocking horse shit or whether they would rather see it broadcast by someone else. Speaking personally I thoroughly enjoy watching their coverage of the games I want to watch, the proper stuff, not the fan free fest we're currently stuck with. But, hey, I guess some people will even blame Sky for the Covid outbreak as well.

Around £45 a month (£1.50 a day) for live football, and not just the PL, pretty much whenever you want it is bloody good value imo. And on top of that there's other sports I can watch as well, F1 and golf being two which I personally enjoy from time to time. And that's the secret isn't it ? I think it's good value so I pay it. I don't have to, it's my choice. And isn't that what it'a all about ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 8:37 am Have to admit I agree with the numerical one.

Sky only provide the vast sums of money to broadcast the games . If the clubs choose to spend all that money on player salaries and inflated transfer fees I don't see how Sky can be blamed.

The usual criticism of Sky is that the cost of subscription is too high. Isn't the answer simply not to pay it if that's what you think ? Another gripe is their over hyping of the transfer window coverage. I must admit I do find all the transfer babble completely boring so my answer is basically not to watch Jim White and his merry band salivating over how many millions have been, or will be, spent on the latest average holding midfield player.

Tbh it's never really clear to me if the people who constantly gripe about Sky would rather go back to the days when live tv football was as rare as rocking horse shit or whether they would rather see it broadcast by someone else. Speaking personally I thoroughly enjoy watching their coverage of the games I want to watch, the proper stuff, not the fan free fest we're currently stuck with. But, hey, I guess some people will even blame Sky for the Covid outbreak as well.

Around £45 a month (£1.50 a day) for live football, and not just the PL, pretty much whenever you want it is bloody good value imo. And on top of that there's other sports I can watch as well, F1 and golf being two which I personally enjoy from time to time. And that's the secret isn't it ? I think it's good value so I pay it. I don't have to, it's my choice. And isn't that what it'a all about ?
Fuck off being the voice of reason and get your numerical friend fired up and fighting.
Until the footy starts again anyway. :) :)
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 8:37 am

Around £45 a month (£1.50 a day) for live football I think it's good value so I pay it. I don't have to, it's my choice. And isn't that what it'a all about ?
It is .

And I don’t so I won’t/can’t.

I know for a fact that you don’t have to either as you can access whatever sport you want by other means anyway so why ? (That’s nothing to do with the thread by the way , just my question to yourself).

The reason I dislike Sky so vehemently is their way ott favouritism towards their “Sky 6”.

I can’t bear it . I’d rather watch NBC or even a fucking Arab commentator than listen to Sky’s bollocks.

BT , not so bad imo.
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:39 am

Around £45 a month (£1.50 a day) for live football I think it's good value so I pay it. I don't have to, it's my choice. And isn't that what it'a all about ?
It is .

I know for a fact that you don’t have to either as you can access whatever sport you want by other means anyway so why ? (That’s nothing to do with the thread by the way , just my question to yourself).

The reason I dislike Sky so vehemently is their way ott favouritism towards their “Sky 6”.

I can’t bear it . I’d rather watch NBC or even a fucking Arab commentator than listen to Sky’s bollocks.

BT , not so bad imo.
You're right you can get the games by other means. But you do realise it is actually Sky's coverage you're watching, even though the commentary happens to be in whatever country's language the stream originates from, don't you. ;)

I pay the subscription because the quality of picture is usually better watching the actual broadcast. Most of the streams are pretty good tbh but occasionally, for reasons I haven't fathomed out, I come across buffering issues. And if you have any info on how to cure them I'd be glad to hear them. Mark Noble is slow enough already without stream glitches making matters worse.

Favouritism towards the Big 6 ? They obviously concentrate on the "big" matches (clubs) because for the casual watcher that's where the interest lies. And that's also why towards season end they normally feature relegation matches more frequently than games at the other end of the table. And regarding favouritism, how many times have the BBC featured Manchester United's F A cup matches ? I don't know the answer but it's a lot. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

It is .

BT , not so bad imo.
"Big 6 bias" does my head in too Tim. I've stopped my subscription now but when I had it I never used to watch the build up or the post-match show. I just hate it. An exercise in arse-kissing of Man Utd and then the next 5.
This is all about appeasing the mass-subscription base globally, particularly in the far east.
I do wish they'd have different broadcasts for different regions.
I think it would be very different if they had a "UK" broadcast and a "rest of world" broadcast.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 11:08 am

It is .

BT , not so bad imo.
You're right you can get the games by other means. But you do realise it is actually Sky's coverage you're watching, even though the commentary happens to be in whatever country's language the stream originates from, don't you. ;)

I pay the subscription because the quality of picture is usually better watching the actual broadcast. Most of the streams are pretty good tbh but occasionally, for reasons I haven't fathomed out, I come across buffering issues. And if you have any info on how to cure them I'd be glad to hear them. Mark Noble is slow enough already without stream glitches making matters worse.

Favouritism towards the Big 6 ? They obviously concentrate on the "big" matches (clubs) because for the casual watcher that's where the interest lies. And that's also why towards season end they normally feature relegation matches more frequently than games at the other end of the table. And regarding favouritism, how many times have the BBC featured Manchester United's F A cup matches ? I don't know the answer but it's a lot. ;)
Not really for this thread (but every other thread goes off at a tangent so heyho)...

https://troypoint.com/stop-kodi-buffering/

This eliminates it completely

https://troypoint.com/how-to-install-se ... d-on-kodi/

You’ll always get probs to a degree with free live streams due to sheer weight of traffic affecting bandwidth etc .

And this sorts THAT out ...Sportz tv.

https://troypoint.com/iptv/

Meaning you not only wipe out your Sky sports subscription but your whole sky subscription.
Bring back Jonathon !

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Newmarket wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 1:20 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 11:08 am

Not really for this thread (but every other thread goes off at a tangent so heyho)...

https://troypoint.com/stop-kodi-buffering/

This eliminates it completely

https://troypoint.com/how-to-install-se ... d-on-kodi/

You’ll always get probs to a degree with free live streams due to sheer weight of traffic affecting bandwidth etc .

And this sorts THAT out ...Sportz tv.

https://troypoint.com/iptv/

Meaning you not only wipe out your Sky sports subscription but your whole sky subscription.
Good stuff NM. Liberation for people,that's what I preach - preacher man...walking on the beaches,two metres from the peaches