English Football suspended

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

Re: English Football suspended

Post by ToneLoc »

palerider wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:26 pm A 99 year-old guy has raised 12 million and counting for the NHS. Walking around his garden on his zimmer frame.

He, and the hundreds of people like him, including the son of a friend cycling on his indoor machine, also for the NHS, are the ones we'll remember in 12 months time.

And the nurses and doctors. The cleaners, the cooks, the care-home staff, the supermarket employees who cheerfully man the decks to keep the likes of me stocked-up with booze.

And the delivery drivers and the bin-men. Those who HAVE to go to work.

When it's time to stand up and be counted, they are the true heroes. Not footballers. Or the people that run the game.

So Sky and BT want their money. 762 million pounds of it. It would be a nice thought if the mega-rich people who run them said 'You know what ? We'll give it to charity as it's the biggest crisis since 1945'.

But will they fuck.

Integrity my arse.

Sky have the gall to suggest that putting on games behind closed doors and screening them all along with their preposterous adverts would 'lift the nation'.

Utter bollocks.

Matt Hancock will almost certainly extend the lockdown today by another 3 weeks. And the pond-life running our national game will start scurrying around looking for get-outs.

I've not missed it one bit actually, although I still love the game. But I'd only want it to recommence when the number of new daily cases is zero. Over an extended period of time.

The economy can be eased back into life. Certain shops can re-open in 3 weeks time as long as social-distancing is still observed. And if that works out then other important things next, and I emphasise the word important.

Sport isn't important. And however you dress it up, there can't be proper social distancing if any PL game is played. Behind closed doors means players, officials, the media, police, ambulances (who should be on call elsewhere). But most of all the thousands who'd not listen to a word of advice and still travel, even to mill around an empty stadium.

My mantra has been that it's not the Black Death. But it's a killer for some. And maybe I have a bee in my bonnet because my daughter works for the NHS. But the country needs to fucking prioritise.

Do not take any risk. Void the cunt now ! And don't start again until it's safe to do so. And IF that means waiting until next year for a vaccine so be it.
Agree mate.
Any doubts anyone may have had about top level football existing in a bubble of unreality have been completely buried these last 5-6 weeks.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

ToneLoc wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:17 pm
palerider wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:26 pm A 99 year-old guy has raised 12 million and counting for the NHS. Walking around his garden on his zimmer frame.

He, and the hundreds of people like him, including the son of a friend cycling on his indoor machine, also for the NHS, are the ones we'll remember in 12 months time.

And the nurses and doctors. The cleaners, the cooks, the care-home staff, the supermarket employees who cheerfully man the decks to keep the likes of me stocked-up with booze.

When it's time to stand up and be counted, they are the true heroes. Not footballers. Or the people that run the game.

So Sky and BT want their money. 762 million pounds of it. It would be a nice thought if the mega-rich people who run them said 'You know what ? We'll give it to charity as it's the biggest crisis since 1945'.

But will they fuck.

Integrity my arse.

Sky have the gall to suggest that putting on games behind closed doors and screening them all along with their preposterous adverts would 'lift the nation'.

Utter bollocks.

Matt Hancock will almost certainly extend the lockdown today by another 3 weeks. And the pond-life running our national game will start scurrying around looking for get-outs.

I've not missed it one bit actually, although I still love the game. But I'd only want it to recommence when the number of new daily cases is zero. Over an extended period of time.

The economy can be eased back into life. Certain shops can re-open in 3 weeks time as long as social-distancing is still observed. And if that works out then other important things next, and I emphasise the word important.

Sport isn't important. And however you dress it up, there can't be proper social distancing if any PL game is played. Behind closed doors means players, officials, the media, police, ambulances (who should be on call elsewhere). But most of all the thousands who'd not listen to a word of advice and still travel, even to mill around an empty stadium.

My mantra has been that it's not the Black Death. But it's a killer for some. And maybe I have a bee in my bonnet because my daughter works for the NHS. But the country needs to fucking prioritise.

Do not take any risk. Void the cunt now ! And don't start again until it's safe to do so. And IF that means waiting until next year for a vaccine so be it.
Agree mate.
Any doubts anyone may have had about top level football existing in a bubble of unreality have been completely buried these last 5-6 weeks.
I agree with all that but bet they are playing football in June/July and restarting again in September/October - domestically

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:46 pm
ToneLoc wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:17 pm
Agree mate.
I agree with all that but bet they are playing football in June/July and restarting again in September/October - domestically
July perhaps. June, no way.
If so it'll be closed door stuff. I certainly won't be watching any games without fans in the stadium.
What a bore-fest.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

At kids level our local F A (Herts) has said they "hope" to start next season at the normal time, which is September. I would guess that is probably realistic because apart from local cup finals and such like the games are only watched by a handful of parents.

But whether or not the powers that be will be comfortable with crowds running into tens of thousands assembling in one place is a different matter. Although Trump sounded very upbeat about the U S situation in his broadcast tonight.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:56 pm At kids level our local F A (Herts) has said they "hope" to start next season at the normal time, which is September. I would guess that is probably realistic because apart from local cup finals and such like the games are only watched by a handful of parents.

But whether or not the powers that be will be comfortable with crowds running into tens of thousands assembling in one place is a different matter. Although Trump sounded very upbeat about the U S situation in his broadcast tonight.
Yeah, but there's a man who hasn't got the slightest clue as to what is really going on. The Orange manchild just rants and raves his way through life, blaming every other fucker on the planet for all of his mistakes and shortcomings and then, when it's PROVEN he's either wrong or just made shit up he just explodes in to a childish tirade and starts shouting "fake news" at any cunt with a pair of ears.

He may well be upbeat, but at the cost of thousands, probably - by the time he's finished, hundreds of thousands of lives. The situation in the US is dire - just as it is here and it's only going to get worse. Please... Don't buy in to the utter bullshit being spouted by these politicians.

I have a friend who is a neurosurgeon in Illinois - a more intelligent and well rounded individual you will never meet and when he's telling me things are bad, much worse than is being reported, I tend to believe him - and not just in the US either, he's relayed horror stories from colleagues in the UK, mainland Europe and Japan as well.

As for the football restarting in September, I think they're being a bit optimistic if I'm honest, sorry that I digressed in to a Trumpesque rant.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

Post by 9898 »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:33 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:56 pm At kids level our local F A (Herts) has said they "hope" to start next season at the normal time, which is September. I would guess that is probably realistic because apart from local cup finals and such like the games are only watched by a handful of parents.

Yeah, but there's a man who hasn't got the slightest clue as to what is really going on. The Orange manchild just rants and raves his way through life, blaming every other fucker on the planet for all of his mistakes and shortcomings and then, when it's PROVEN he's either wrong or just made shit up he just explodes in to a childish tirade and starts shouting "fake news" at any cunt with a pair of ears.

He may well be upbeat, but at the cost of thousands, probably - by the time he's finished, hundreds of thousands of lives. The situation in the US is dire - just as it is here and it's only going to get worse. Please... Don't buy in to the utter bullshit being spouted by these politicians.

I have a friend who is a neurosurgeon in Illinois - a more intelligent and well rounded individual you will never meet and when he's telling me things are bad, much worse than is being reported, I tend to believe him - and not just in the US either, he's relayed horror stories from colleagues in the UK, mainland Europe and Japan as well.

As for the football restarting in September, I think they're being a bit optimistic if I'm honest, sorry that I digressed in to a Trumpesque rant.
A cabbie with a neurosurgeon as a friend. I suppose there had to be one in the world, I just didn't expect him to be on Hammerschat.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

He's even more of a nightmare than usual at the moment :lol:

He'll say something, then deny saying it the next day. Then when confronted will tell another bunch of lies contradicting the first two set of lies.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

I mentioned September in the context of kids football based on what our local F A have said. Obviously games at professional level , watched by crowds in tens of thousands, is a different matter.

As for not believing what politicians say I make you right. I use the theory you can tell when a politician is lying by watching his lips. If they're moving he's lying. But I use that theory irrespective of whether they're left, right or centre or, in this case, whether they're upbeat or downbeat.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

9898 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:30 pm

A cabbie with a neurosurgeon as a friend. I suppose there had to be one in the world, I just didn't expect him to be on Hammerschat.
Oh, will you just get off of the computer and get the fuck out of your bedroom. Your mum wants to clean up in there as your jizz stained socks are starting to stink the place up.

I'm not a cabbie btw, but even if I was - What the actual fuck has that got to do with anything?
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

JayK

Post by JayK »

But will they fuck.

Integrity my arse.

Utter bollocks.

Nailed it completely mate
COYI!!!