English Football suspended

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

Re: English Football suspended

Post by ToneLoc »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:42 pm
ToneLoc wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:26 pm
That’s assuming next season would kick off on time even if they were to void this one.
The more info we hear, the longer away we appear to be from any sense of normality.
What more info ? The news from China, where it all kicked off (pardon the football pun) is that there are no new cases. OK we are a bit behind China so a few more people will fall off their perches. Sad, but let's face it people die all the time, particularly the sick and the old.
Yes but some contagions don’t half shove them through the door eh?

China’s numbers have steadied after 2 months because the country was in total lockdown (easier in a totalitarian state) and large parts of it remain so.
Do you think that means that the virus has now gotten bored and has retreated back into the intestinal tracts of Wuhan bats?
Italy’s mortality rate is 10 times higher per capita than China and the upward curve continues to go more vertical each day......

I have a sneaking suspicion your casual comments of “normality” will be yet further distant from reality in 3 months time.

Naturally though, for all our sakes and yours, I hope you’re right.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

ToneLoc wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:26 pm
That’s assuming next season would kick off on time even if they were to void this one.
The more info we hear, the longer away we appear to be from any sense of normality.
What more info ? The news from China, where it all kicked off (pardon the football pun) is that there are no new cases. OK we are a bit behind China so a few more people will fall off their perches. Sad, but let's face it people die all the time, particularly the sick and the old.
I would have thought that you would be worried for yourself ?

Being in the age bracket yourself ?

:lol: ;)
Bring back Jonathon !

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:19 am

:lol: ;)
If he goes “quiet” on here I guess we’ll have to assume he’s caught it. :(
Yeah....."United"

JayK

Post by JayK »

ToneLoc wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:10 am

China’s numbers have steadied after 2 months because the country was in total lockdown (easier in a totalitarian state) and large parts of it remain so.
Do you think that means that the virus has now gotten bored and has retreated back into the intestinal tracts of Wuhan bats?
Italy’s mortality rate is 10 times higher per capita than China and the upward curve continues to go more vertical each day......

I have a sneaking suspicion your casual comments of “normality” will be yet further distant from reality in 3 months time.

Seems most of Europe and America never learnt from the Chinese and will pay the price.
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

ToneLoc wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:10 am

What is encouraging, and rarely reported although thankfully the figures are now being given some publicity, is that (at least as per the BBC website) globally there have been 270,000 reported cases and 90,000 have recovered. 11,000 deaths have occurred during the same time period.

The virus is NOT a death sentence, although listening to some you would be excused dfor thinking it is, and many scientists believe the way to deal effectively with it is to isolate those most at risk but allow the rest of us to catch it and thus start to develop the herd immunity which, apparently, can only work if, depending on which figures are right, between 60 and 80 per cent of the population have caught the thing and recovered from it.

You're right that the virus won't get bored. What is likely to happen, imo, is that once the present restrictions are eased it will resurface because the immunity which we humans build up against most viruses by actually catching them, has not been allowed to develop naturally.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

I suppose being in my 60s I am considered at risk. But can you tell me how worrying about it is going to do me, or anybody else, any good. ;)

And fuck this self isolation mullarkey, I shall concentrate on self medication. There was no shortage of Glenfiddich in Tescos last Monday.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:40 am

And fuck this self isolation mullarkey, I shall concentrate on self medication. There was no shortage of Glenfiddich in Tescos last Monday.
Well then my money’s on you catching it soon enough. I’m sure, as a super soldier you’ll be reporting back as to what a silly “breeze” it was?
Just stay away from others if & when you do eh?
It’s your choice to do as you please on your own health grounds but not on other peoples, whether you think it’s O.T.T or not.

If you do continue then may “elderly William” slap you on the shoulder sharpish.
Yeah....."United"

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

ToneLoc wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:16 pm
Well then my money’s on you catching it soon enough. I’m sure, as a super soldier you’ll be reporting back as to what a silly “breeze” it was?
It’s your choice to do as you please on your own health grounds but not on other peoples, whether you think it’s O.T.T or not.

If you do continue then may “elderly William” slap you on the shoulder sharpish.
Does Alcoholism make one vulnerable or high risk ?
Bring back Jonathon !

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

You tell him Tone,appalling cavalier behavior - hosting corona parties with chums outside the french windows,smoking and laughing and imbibing on the lawn...probably singing bubbles as well - while the rest of us, make the honourable sacrifice that our much respected PM expects of us...

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:22 pm

Does Alcoholism make one vulnerable or high risk ?
Definitely both.
Yeah....."United"