British Cup

Chat about anything football related here!

What Should Be Done With The League Cup?

Leave it
33%
Scrap it
47%
British Cup
7%
British Isles Cup
7%
Other
7%

Total votes: 15

Taansend

British Cup

Post by Taansend »

UEFA wants us to scrap the League Cup.

Moyes wants it to include Scottish clubs.

In that case why not make it a British Isles Cup & include Ireland?

What do you think? It's basically a youth cup for the successful clubs. Is it a serious cup anymore?

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... ritish-cup

Towie

Re: British Cup

Post by Towie »

Scrap it, it’s called the Mickey Mouse cup for a reason.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

Towie wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:20 pm Scrap it, it’s called the Mickey Mouse cup for a reason.
I was just thinking yesterday how amazing it is that I see shitloads of adults wearing Mickey Mouse / Disney clothes.

Bizarre really

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

There are 3 Domestic Trophies to win and your turning your nose up at one.

I chose Keep and I will tell you why?

I would still have the League Cup,but any Team participating in the Champions League or Europa League,don't take part.
I know they won't get the same Sponsorship money,but it gives the chance of teams outside the Top 6 and any outside the PL to win Silverware.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Rename it the Manchester City Promotional Trophy and then scrap it.

As for including the Jock leagues? Fuck that. Who want's to watch us embarrass ourselves against Stenhousemuir on a wet and windy Tuesday night?
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:33 pm There are 3 Domestic Trophies to win and your turning your nose up at one.

I would still have the League Cup,but any Team participating in the Champions League or Europa League,don't take part.
I know they won't get the same Sponsorship money,but it gives the chance of teams outside the Top 6 and any outside the PL to win Silverware.
Who is?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Taansend wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:39 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:33 pm There are 3 Domestic Trophies to win and your turning your nose up at one.

Who is?
Towie is on here and there are plenty of others that would like to see it scrapped.

I think my reasons are a good one to keep it,don't you Taans?

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

You mean like how the Americans give every kid a trophy just for participating? I can just envisage Nobes on stage picking up the silverware...

"Awww West Ham, you didn't win. Never mind, here, have this not at all patronising little cup for being eager and showing up."
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

I voted Scrap it.......at least we wouldn't have to suffer the humility of going out to so called lesser teams, any more. :D

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:46 pm

You mean like how the Americans give every kid a trophy just for participating? I can just envisage Nobes on stage picking up the silverware...

"Awww West Ham, you didn't win. Never mind, here, have this not at all patronising little cup for being eager and showing up."
I am not saying that at all Bill.God knows what you are talking about mate.American crap??Actually that is probably this country,not the Yanks.

It just gives those who are not in Europe to have a chance to lift a Cup?So we could get one Cup game a Season and play a total of 39 games in all.

The League Cup in its current formula is only too much if you are participating in Europe.Well unless your Man City,who have basically got 2 Teams.