So it's confirmed then..

Chat about anything football related here!
hamstew

So it's confirmed then..

Post by hamstew »

We will be playing away to spurs on my 40th birthday on the 20th March and interestingly and some what controversially my wife is a spurs fan and season ticket holder who wasn't originally going to go on the 21st March (the original fixture date) because I believe she's got something planned for my birthday from that day rather than my actual birthday (so she says, or she could be bluffing!), so now I wonder if she'll go to this game, altho she did say she had better spend some time with me since it is my 40th :?

Let's just hope the boys can give me a memorable 40th birthday!!

Whiskyman

Re: So it's confirmed then..

Post by Whiskyman »

Well as it's now on a Friday night at least if we do our usual act of kindness to a club struggling for form I will miss it as beers on a Friday evening trump everything. Including football.

And of course should we somehow get a result the inevitable re runs will enable me to watch the game totally free of any of the normal stresses usually associated with watching the game.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

hamstew wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:18 pm We will be playing away to spurs on my 40th birthday on the 20th March and interestingly and some what controversially my wife is a spurs fan and season ticket holder who wasn't originally going to go on the 21st March (the original fixture date) because I believe she's got something planned for my birthday from that day rather than my actual birthday (so she says, or she could be bluffing!), so now I wonder if she'll go to this game, altho she did say she had better spend some time with me since it is my 40th :?

Ahhh the good old birthday sex. If its a draw you' ll both be smiling. :)
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

tassiehammer wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:30 pm
hamstew wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:18 pm We will be playing away to spurs on my 40th birthday on the 20th March and interestingly and some what controversially my wife is a spurs fan and season ticket holder who wasn't originally going to go on the 21st March (the original fixture date) because I believe she's got something planned for my birthday from that day rather than my actual birthday (so she says, or she could be bluffing!), so now I wonder if she'll go to this game, altho she did say she had better spend some time with me since it is my 40th :?

Ahhh the good old birthday sex. If its a draw you' ll both be smiling. :)
Either way Spurs are fucked :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

So the our next 4 games after Arsenal are either on a Sunday (2) or Friday night (2)........oh how I used to love waking up on a Saturday morning...make my way to UP for a few pre match pints...then a few more after...and the same ritual for away days.......those were the good old days.... ;)

Parry Hotter

Post by Parry Hotter »

andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:22 pm So the our next 4 games after Arsenal are either on a Sunday (2) or Friday night (2)........oh how I used to love waking up on a Saturday morning...make my way to UP for a few pre match pints...then a few more after...and the same ritual for away days.......those were the good old days.... ;)
Wait a mo I'm tuning my violin. Might not be in Brazil but over here the pubs are open Fridays and Sundays.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Parry Hotter wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:34 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:22 pm So the our next 4 games after Arsenal are either on a Sunday (2) or Friday night (2)........oh how I used to love waking up on a Saturday morning...make my way to UP for a few pre match pints...then a few more after...and the same ritual for away days.......those were the good old days.... ;)
Wait a mo I'm tuning my violin. Might not be in Brazil but over here the pubs are open Fridays and Sundays.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Over here they are open 7 days a week...... :lol: :lol:

I don't know how old you are but for us elders Saturday was the one day of the week we looked forward to..... ;)

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:16 pm
Parry Hotter wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:34 pm

I don't know how old you are but for us elders Saturday was the one day of the week we looked forward to..... ;)
Was it? Saturday was, and largely remains, the day that ruins the entire weekend. Unless you support a different football club.
Friday is where its at. Finished work, a few bevvies, maybe some beer goggle action, and one more day before your football team depresses the fuck out of you.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Neville Bartos wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:12 am
andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:16 pm

Was it? Saturday was, and largely remains, the day that ruins the entire weekend. Unless you support a different football club.
Friday is where its at. Finished work, a few bevvies, maybe some beer goggle action, and one more day before your football team depresses the fuck out of you.
Use to go to the pub on Friday night with brothers,cousins and mates,who were either West Ham,Arsenal or Spurs and discuss our games and other Football stuff.

Saturday night was always great when the team had won..Made the pint go down easier.VCR MotD,Clubbing,then home with another few cans to watch it,if you never got lucky :). :D

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:59 am
Neville Bartos wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:12 am

Use to go to the pub on Friday night with brothers,cousins and mates,who were either West Ham,Arsenal or Spurs and discuss our games and other Football stuff.

Saturday night was always great when the team had won..Made the pint go down easier.VCR MotD,Clubbing,then home with another few cans to watch it,if you never got lucky :). :D
Never a good idea to pick up after an evening on the lash Terry. Remember what Confucius said.

Man never go to sleep with ugly woman by side, but wake up often with one !!
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?