Haller

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: Haller.

Post by h69 »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:58 pm You get what you pay for
Fucking around with mugs on freebies or a fraction of his transfer fee don’t expect a proper player.
Exactly why I want to wait until next summer and spend a similar amount on a box to box midfield player.

Like you said, you get what you pay for.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:00 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:58 pm You get what you pay for
Fucking around with mugs on freebies or a fraction of his transfer fee don’t expect a proper player.
Exactly why I want to wait until next summer and spend a similar amount on a box to box midfield player.

Spot on. And at 20,22 & 25 Rice, Diop & Haller have still to reach their peak. Throw Anderson , Lanzini (both 26) and Fornals (23) into the mix and the future looks reasonably bright.

Of course there's always an IF. And that is keeping them. European qualification is an absolute must imo. If not this season then next. If we don't achieve that I fear there could be an exodus of the top talent.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:29 pm

Spot on. And at 20,22 & 25 Rice, Diop & Haller have still to reach their peak. Throw Anderson , Lanzini (both 26) and Fornals (23) into the mix and the future looks reasonably bright.

Of course there's always an IF. And that is keeping them. European qualification is an absolute must imo. If not this season then next. If we don't achieve that I fear there could be an exodus of the top talent.
Yes mate...reason why we can never really attract the players we want here,and TBH it's only
the Olympic stadium,Peller,and the wages we pay attracting them at all at the moment..
we'll be a stepping stone club we don't start getting the top 6/7 finishes..
Gonna be a defining couple of seasons coming up.

I'd chuck Declan in there as well as a potential leaver ..if we keep knocking around the mid/lower
reaches of the Premier next couple of seasons...
But as hopeful as I've ever been really.....but a lot depends on how good Wolves,Everton,Leicester
are this year..if they edge us again like last year....well...be disappointing say the least.

Losing to wolves twice last year was a big hit...won just one of those,we're in Europe,their not,
fine lines at times..

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:54 pm
palerider wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:13 am Our first choice was Maxi Gomez but we may have struck lucky.

He's been on the bench for two of their games and in the other, against his old club Celta Vigo, he was taken off after a very average performance.
Bit early to write Gomez off as a flop and it was always going to be a 3 way choice for the strikers' role there as he's competing with Rodrigo and Kevin Gameiro, both internationals.

Worked out very nicely for us though it seems.
You never know how it could have turned out but I am confident Haller is a much better fit for us than Gomez would have been.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

If all of those players you've listed stay fit and play to their best ability throughout the season....and if they're "top 6" players then we should be finishing top 6 I believe. Or at the very worst damn well close.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer »

The media are creaming themselves about Leicester in particular, but also Everton and winless Wolves potentially gatecrashing the top 4 or 6 but I think a fully fit (and there’s the potential problem) squad compares favourably with any of those clubs

In fact, apart from maybe the back four, I think I’d rather have our squad but we absolutely need to add a quality DM

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:18 pm

Yes mate...reason why we can never really attract the players we want here,and TBH it's only
the Olympic stadium,Peller,and the wages we pay attracting them at all at the moment..
we'll be a stepping stone club we don't start getting the top 6/7 finishes..
Gonna be a defining couple of seasons coming up.

I'd chuck Declan in there as well as a potential leaver .
I did chuck him in mate. More water with it next time. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

boxman

Post by boxman »

punkrockhammer wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:40 am The media are creaming themselves about Leicester in particular, but also Everton and winless Wolves potentially gatecrashing the top 4 or 6 but I think a fully fit (and there’s the potential problem) squad compares favourably with any of those clubs

In fact, apart from maybe the back four, I think I’d rather have our squad but we absolutely need to add a quality DM
yeah think we are better than all of them lol

evertons midfield looks weak, not convinced about kean, gomes is criminally overrated and counter-productive defensively, wolves look figured out with their long diagonals, leicester we always seem to show up against but vardy seems to have found form, probably the toughest of the bunch atm

it all comes down to consistency, now that we've removed the toxic elements and have a focused squad i think that'll come, the quality is there imho

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

Haller is our baller

Think we finally have a 20 goal forward, hope he stays for a while
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

punkrockhammer wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:40 am The media are creaming themselves about Leicester in particular, but also Everton and winless Wolves potentially gatecrashing the top 4 or 6 but I think a fully fit (and there’s the potential problem) squad compares favourably with any of those clubs

With chelsea and manure as big questionmarks this season there might be a spot for more than one non top6 club in the top7, which usually means europe.