Liverpool v West Ham - Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Liverpool v West Ham - Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:51 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:46 pm

Imo the tactics tonight were pretty much spot on, although not sure why Anderson was replaced as he was the one guy who could hold the ball and run at defenders. Just a pity Fabianski had an absolute mare.
Would have been a dam site better if Moyes hadn't sent out ten men to play instead of the required eleven :shock: .
It would. I suspect you're referring to a certain midfielder who has attracted some criticism in recent months. But tbh I also think Antonio was fucking awful. Can't fault his application and his big heart but, boy, can he not control a football. And his positional sense is all over the place.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

downunda

Post by downunda »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:58 pm
Clayton wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:51 pm

Would have been a dam site better if Moyes hadn't sent out ten men to play instead of the required eleven :shock: .
It would. I suspect you're referring to a certain midfielder who has attracted some criticism in recent months. But tbh I also think Antonio was fucking awful. Can't fault his application and his big heart but, boy, can he not control a football. And his positional sense is all over the place.
He's a bit like Carlton Cole used to be, when in possession has no idea where the ball is going to go but then neither does the opposition.

Hildreth_1101

Post by Hildreth_1101 »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:18 pm From the little I saw , at least the guys had a go , they were just better than us albeit they had their usual good fortune .

So no complaints from me.

I bet Moyes is gutted .
Imo the tactics tonight were pretty much spot on, although not sure why Anderson was replaced as he was the one guy who could hold the ball and run at defenders. Just a pity Fabianski had an absolute mare.
Probably cos he's been injured for 3 months and this was his first game back, we had 2 strikers on the Bench, the substitution made sense.

We played fairly well considering we're versus the best team in the country, one goalkeeping error from a well earned point, and we did keep the goal difference down, which is something but now we're in "Must win territory" - Based on what I seen tonight we can get wins vs any team left to come whether it be Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs or whoever but we need a lot more.

Ogbonna played really well, and that young lad at Right Back should end Zabeleta's time, he played very well up against some of the best attacking players in the league. Fornals absolutely should be in the team every week, Southampton game is massive, if we lose it, I wouldn't say we are down for sure but we'd definitely deserve to go down.

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

What can you say.. THAT IS ALL WE ASK.
Proud of young Ngakia.. Similarities for me of Glen Johnson when he came in and showed no fear.
Proud of the lads tonight.. Let's hope they can keep it going now.

Ridiculous isn't it. we shouldn't be anywhere near the bottom three with the players we have.

Well impressed with SOUCEK in that first half.. He's a machine

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

Moyes needs to find a side to gel.. And quickly.

Watching the game there were so many situations where play broke down through lack of understanding between players..
Anderson frustrated with fornals on a few occasions.. Fornals does lack awareness of the right pass a lot..
A lot of bods slag Anderson.. but we were far improved with him back.. He offers more positive than negative..
Let's stay positive lads..
I'm there Saturday.. not in the ground.. but on the march..
IRONS

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

Fab gets a pass.. fuck me he's baled us out on more than a few occasions..
Chin up fab

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

No one tell me the result.

Haven't seen it yet

palerider

Post by palerider »

At the risk of sounding like that cunt numbers.

Told you so. Should have played Randolph.

Fabs has saved us on many an occasion but it's a harsh game and worrying whether his hip's going to go again is affecting his concentration.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

downunda wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:07 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:58 pm

He's a bit like Carlton Cole used to be, when in possession has no idea where the ball is going to go but then neither does the opposition.
A very good comparison imo.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Hildreth_1101 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:59 am

Probably cos he's been injured for 3 months and this was his first game back, we had 2 strikers on the Bench, the substitution made sense.

We played fairly well considering we're versus the best team in the country, one goalkeeping error from a well earned point, and we did keep the goal difference down, which is something but now we're in "Must win territory" - Based on what I seen tonight we can get wins vs any team left to come whether it be Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs or whoever but we need a lot more.

Ogbonna played really well, and that young lad at Right Back should end Zabeleta's time, he played very well up against some of the best attacking players in the league. Fornals absolutely should be in the team every week, Southampton game is massive, if we lose it, I wouldn't say we are down for sure but we'd definitely deserve to go down.
Good point about Anderson. And I agree with you about Ngakia. No worse than Fredericks, obviously more legs than Zabaleta and shows promise. He'll cock up from time to time defensively but, hey, the alternative long term is Fredericks. So what's to lose ?

Shame Johnson appears to be turning into a sicknote because I thought he showed promise when he came into the team and could have been the answer to the LB problem.