It's All About The Last 6 Games

Chat about anything football related here!
Taansend

It's All About The Last 6 Games

Post by Taansend »

The next 6 games are all about trying to lose by as little as possible or squeak out the odd draw. Maybe even win against Southampton.

The last 6 games.....
Newcastle a
Burnley h
Norwich a
Watford h
Man U a
Villa h

Are going to be the difference between Premier or Championship next season.

I think the club are looking for 3 or 4 wins from that lot. Sounds tough given our current form but I reckon that's what thre strategy is.

Damage control now, keep players healthy, develop a different attacking formation (in training) & finish strong.

I know, given the general pessimism on this board, that most don't see it that way but I think that's what they're aiming for.

I also think it's going to work.

But I am an annoyingly optimistic cunt :lol:

downunda

Re: It's All About The Last 6 Games

Post by downunda »

Taansend wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:56 am The next 6 games are all about trying to lose by as little as possible or squeak out the odd draw. Maybe even win against Southampton.

The last 6 games.....
Newcastle a
Burnley h
Norwich a
Watford h
Man U a
Villa h

Are going to be the difference between Premier or Championship next season.

I think the club are looking for 3 or 4 wins from that lot. Sounds tough given our current form but I reckon that's what thre strategy is.

Damage control now, keep players healthy, develop a different attacking formation (in training) & finish strong.

I know, given the general pessimism on this board, that most don't see it that way but I think that's what they're aiming for.

I also think it's going to work.

But I am an annoyingly optimistic cunt :lol:
Yes agree, it looks fairly obvious to me that Moyes is in damage control, and saving players during these harder games. I still think it's on a Knife edge, and there will be no time to recover when its all needed at the end.

Our end of season is often exciting (for the wrong reason).

palerider

Post by palerider »

Wrong.

It's about ALL of our remaining games.

You can't just flip a switch and turn a negative, risk-averse team into an attacking one. Instil that lack of belief in them and there'll be just one outcome.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

All remaining games!!!!
Exactly shit or bust time, whether bug eyes and the players have the bottle for it remains to be seen .

Won’t hold my breath mind.

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

palerider wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:59 am Wrong.

You can't just flip a switch and turn a negative, risk-averse team into an attacking one. Instil that lack of belief in them and there'll be just one outcome.
Exactly !! Anyone who thinks we are going to go from a slow moving clueless heap of shit to actually being able to get possession and control a game and attack is kidding themselves. It would fucking help if we didn't keep going on the pitch with 10 men. Wake up Moyes and do something but based on his time here before there's little or no chance of that. Completely gutless and lack of leadership.

alfie

Post by alfie »

I will have a word with Mr Dyche and tell him to make sure the Proper Clarets take it easy. On you .. :D

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Shortshanks wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:25 am
palerider wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:59 am Wrong.

Exactly !! Anyone who thinks we are going to go from a slow moving clueless heap of shit to actually being able to get possession and control a game and attack is kidding themselves. It would fucking help if we didn't keep going on the pitch with 10 men. Wake up Moyes and do something but based on his time here before there's little or no chance of that. Completely gutless and lack of leadership.
10 men ? There were that many ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

You only have to be one man not up to it in this league and you will be made to look useless and of course the other 10 become demoralized. Been watching it for too long now and nothing has been more certain than the plight we are in.

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

got the worst run in of any of the bottom 6, in fairness we had the best run in between sept - dec and fucked it up.
Unless Moyes morphs into pep we will be playing not to concede and consequently are down (although im resigned to this already, which is actually quite liberating). If he doesnt change his spots i fear we will be down until he does one.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

12 fucking games to get your act together you bunch of cunts.