It's All About The Last 6 Games

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: It's All About The Last 6 Games

Post by eskimo joe »

Clayton wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:55 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:42 pm

" If everyone was fit now " How far into the season are we ? And how many of the others have shown they are worth their salt? We arent talking skill here, we are talking effort, Anderson maybe cuts it 50 % of the time, even Noble goes missing most of the time, you mentioned not having Antonio and Snodgrass but how many of the others have produced more upfront with their effort than them. I guess it boils down to what sort of player you like i prefer one with both skill and grit,but would choose one with grit than a lazy skillfull one.

OK, some is down to the set up, but a lot also down to the player and his attitude.
For a start Haller is fit , just hasn't been played as he should be , Bowen is fit , would I play him over Antonio , yes but we more then likely are not going to see him get a start under Moyes .
Antonio could always play on the left instead of Anderson , as he could play more central ( he doesn't mind putting in tackles ) and would give us some creativity there as Moyes doesnt appear to want to play Fornals .
Thats my point....they have been fit and so far have shown they are fit for nothing. Just because you arent played in your preferred position doesnt give license to stand around and watch, Yes, they dont pick the team and set the field, but they can chose whether to make the most of it or not bother. The results might be the same but the effort, or lack of ,will be shown. As it stands now, both sides are taking the flak, manager and players.

As for Fornals, thats a joke on Moyes side, to say, as is rumoured, that he doesnt play him because hes too slow just cant be true.

Added...This club, to me, feels like it is slowly imploding, no class, every thing is put out in the open, rumours floating around, players supposedly not happy. I feel we are the elephants grave yard where players come when its the last choice or the wages are good and not for the right reasons. And lets be honest, what other than money would make you want to come here and work under these two , who not only have no idea how to run a football club, but are not respected by any others in the game.
Last edited by eskimo joe on Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

eskimo joe wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:17 pm
Clayton wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:55 pm

For a start Haller is fit , just hasn't been played as he should be , Bowen is fit , would I play him over Antonio , yes but we more then likely are not going to see him get a start under Moyes .
Antonio could always play on the left instead of Anderson , as he could play more central ( he doesn't mind putting in tackles ) and would give us some creativity there as Moyes doesnt appear to want to play Fornals .
Thats my point....they have been fit and so far have shown they are fit for nothing. Just because you arent played in your preferred position doesnt give license to stand around and watch, Yes, they dont pick the team and set the field, but they can chose whether to make the most of it or not bother. The results might be the same but the effort, or lack of ,will be shown. As it stands now, both sides are taking the flak, manager and players.

As for Fornals, thats a joke on Moyes side, to say, as is rumoured, that he doesnt play him because hes too slow just cant be true.
That's the point though isn't it EJ, they may be professional footballers earning millions but in reality they are no difference to you and I , and have the same problems and idiosyncrasies as we do in our lifes .
If we are not happy with our employer and they way they do things over time we lose interest and just do what we have to do to get by , or even let it be known and forever be called a trouble maker , because others are happy to just do what they have to do to earn their crust .
I don't know about you , but I imagine you more then likely have played sports like myself and not once did I ever think about what the fans/spectators thought .

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Clayton wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:34 pm

That's the point though isn't it EJ, they may be professional footballers earning millions but in reality they are no difference to you and I , and have the same problems and idiosyncrasies as we do in our lifes .
If we are not happy with our employer and they way they do things over time we lose interest and just do what we have to do to get by , or even let it be known and forever be called a trouble maker , because others are happy to just do what they have to do to earn their crust .
I don't know about you , but I imagine you more then likely have played sports like myself and not once did I ever think about what the fans/spectators thought .
That is true, but i did think of my own pride, i might have been pissed off with the boss but i would be damned if i would have given any less than my best. I have played out of position and as uncomfortable as it felt i gave it all. I didnt slack just to make a point. I might have performed less effectively, but not through lack of trying.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

eskimo joe wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:41 pm

That is true, but i did think of my own pride, i might have been pissed off with the boss but i would be damned if i would have given any less than my best. I have played out of position and as uncomfortable as it felt i gave it all. I didnt slack just to make a point. I might have performed less effectively, but not through lack of trying.
I agree EJ , but we are not all cut from the same cloth , and you like me must know of such people in life who have not given their all . Its just the way it is , many who do the same job and get the same wage , do not always perform at the same level of effectiveness .
And for some reason a few in our club appear to get away with it week in and week out .

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Clayton wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:48 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:41 pm

I agree EJ , but we are not all cut from the same cloth , and you like me must know of such people in life who have not given their all . Its just the way it is , many who do the same job and get the same wage , do not always perform at the same level of effectiveness .
And for some reason a few in our club appear to get away with it week in and week out .
sad but true

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

And in any other line of business as well as those you say are identified as trouble makers there are always the yes men. A good manager will recognise these of course and take no heed of the fawning and toadying. However there are, in any business just like football, bad managers as well as good ones.

And I do sometimes wonder if our common denominator, as you have referred to him, might fall into the yes man category. I have no evidence for saying this, I certainly don't claim to be ITK, but logic suggests that this is possibly the case.

Or that alternatively he has photographic evidence of Moyes in the company of rent boys or a similarly compromising situation.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?