Leicester City vs West Ham United Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
punkrockhammer

Re: Leicester City vs West Ham United Official Match Thread

Post by punkrockhammer »

Mikeveep wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:56 pm
punkrockhammer wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:30 pm

They’re embarrassing tbh. Noble has got to the point where he resembles a dog stuck in the middle of two people throwing the ball to each other
So how come he had more touches in the game than anyone else in the team?

The usual amount of good passes from him yesterday to the attacking players.

Funny how he always does it yet "the game passes him by"
Might be because he kept touching it as he did his best Scott Parker and went around in circles before giving it away? Who had second most? Probably Randy, we were that poor

Direct or quick doesn't seem to be in his vocabulary

Or accurate, a lot of the time. You didn’t say which teams attacking players he gave it to, but most of the time it certainly wasn’t ours
Last edited by punkrockhammer on Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer »

h69 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:03 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:01 pm

I feel sorry for the big fella, he's forced to have his back to goal 90% of the time to receive the ball and lay it off, not his style, the majority of crosses that come in are nowhere near him, he never seems to be, played the ball that he can attack, when he does get one, he has often scored.
There are only two players in the team that can read his runs, that is Anderson and Fornals,( and maybe Antonio is starting to get there) they seem to be the only ones who try to pick out the pass for him to run on too. The rest are just fucking frustrating, Snodgrass, Arthur, Noble and Lanzini or seem to want to take that extra touch and the opportunity goes. No wonder he looks pissed off, yesterday he spent 75% of his time deep in our own half.
He needs the ball played in quick to him for him to be any where near effective.
Have a look at the video....maybe our inept midfield need to take a butchers at it as well to find out how Haller should be used.........

I dont feel sorry for Haller....he has been utter wank since about the 10th game.

He has no pace
He has yet to make an Intelligent run
He is as immobile as a tragic cone.
He stopped winning headers after about the 10th game.
Keeps backheeling the ball and trying spectacular overheads because he is never able to get his body in position quick enough.

None of this is because he has played up front on his own....granted Lanzini (who is meant to be playing off him has been shit).

A 45m traffic cone who cant be bothered. When Ajeti was introduced on Sat he made more runs in 3 minutes than Haller had in 4 games.

On Wed Haller was beaten to the ball every time by Soyuncu.

As for Noble. He was far better than Lanzini who should be replaced with Ajeti and Fornals who actually make runs. Fornals should be in Midfield alongside Noble and Rice with Antonio out wide.

A bit of energy instead of these expensive lumps who dont fit into our system.

I've never rated Lanzini since Payet left (there is a reason why he was at Al Jazira) but he has just vanished now rather than just giving the ball away like he used to.
He’s won the most headers in the league

Dig him out for certain things but not winning headers is bullshit

I think he tries the spectacular to actually make something out of a shit cross that’s too high or behind him

He might also be trying to win goal of the season so he can get out of this dying shithole club and put it all down to an awful mistake

Totally agree about Lanzini

I’d actually try Haller and Ajeti tomorrow to see how they do as a pair as it’s likely to be seen as a throwaway game to Eyeball

h69

Post by h69 »

punkrockhammer wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:30 pm
h69 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:03 pm

I dont feel sorry for Haller....he has been utter wank since about the 10th game.

He has no pace
He has yet to make an Intelligent run
He is as immobile as a tragic cone.
He stopped winning headers after about the 10th game.
Keeps backheeling the ball and trying spectacular overheads because he is never able to get his body in position quick enough.

None of this is because he has played up front on his own....granted Lanzini (who is meant to be playing off him has been shit).

A 45m traffic cone who cant be bothered. When Ajeti was introduced on Sat he made more runs in 3 minutes than Haller had in 4 games.

On Wed Haller was beaten to the ball every time by Soyuncu.

As for Noble. He was far better than Lanzini who should be replaced with Ajeti and Fornals who actually make runs. Fornals should be in Midfield alongside Noble and Rice with Antonio out wide.

A bit of energy instead of these expensive lumps who dont fit into our system.

I've never rated Lanzini since Payet left (there is a reason why he was at Al Jazira) but he has just vanished now rather than just giving the ball away like he used to.
He’s won the most headers in the league

Dig him out for certain things but not winning headers is bullshit

I think he tries the spectacular to actually make something out of a shit cross that’s too high or behind him

He might also be trying to win goal of the season so he can get out of this dying shithole club and put it all down to an awful mistake

Totally agree about Lanzini

I’d actually try Haller and Ajeti tomorrow to see how they do as a pair as it’s likely to be seen as a throwaway game to Eyeball
He has won virtually none in the last dozen games. Most of the headers he won were in the first 10 games where he won pretty much every duel. He was also mobile then. That's why I dig him out as he is making little to no effort

On Wed he won virtually nothing and his spectacular stuff is because he cant move his arse into a decent position. Missed a couple of sitters recently as well.