Protest Details.

Chat about anything football related here!
LawnmowerMan

Re: Hammers United - New supporters group

Post by LawnmowerMan »

Neville Bartos wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:27 am And I'm not sure fucking people off for raising genuine concerns will get you too far either.
I expected it, it's exactly how he behave last year when people questioned the RWHFAG. He's just a puppet apologist wannabe.

prince of wales

Post by prince of wales »

well I think it is very sad that so many on here see fit to slag this new group off.Perhaps it is you that have a hidden agenda? There are so many things wrong at the moment at the club and no existing group is getting anywhere challenging them.I am very happy to represent Hammers United and talk to you on your TV blog or whatever it is you call it.The invitation is there.

prince of wales

incidentally Nik Tucker is not the main force behind this.There are 4 main people at the moment.He is not one of them.

Phil

Post by Phil »

Neville Bartos wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:27 am
Phil wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:17 am he's pulling no strings. Funny thing is we really want to help, to get things changed and improved for all fans..the things you say are just a guy behind a keyboard mouthing off. We don't need you.
He makes some good points, Phil. Secret committees and dodgy IT support are not the way to go.
Words like transparent, democratic, inclusive are what you should be aiming for.

And I'm not sure fucking people off for raising genuine concerns will get you too far either.

Anyway, you be sure to keep us updated on what you improve and change. :D
fucking people off? how?
He's being for a better word, nasty.

Yes we're a new group and we're not lawyers etc..we're West Ham United fans
There's several people on here and know me and I'm nothing like this guy is making out.
Good points can be made politely..he's doing nothing of the sort..we're 5 days into this new group..give us a chance.

Anyway, I'm on holiday in Aus so I'll leave it here for other members to comment.
I'm nothing to do with RWHFAG btw

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer »

Wasn’t going to say much (bar wishing them luck earlier) but I need to for this one.

I know Nik personally and have done for a few years now, see him at every home game too. He is a lovely person and does loads of community work with people of all ages, from all backgrounds.

His posts were naive but that’s it, in my opinion. He used stereotypes that he found humorous and I’d imagine a lot use in private between friends, as a joke.

I spoke very briefly to him at the weekend and he told me he set the page up, he has another couple of groups on Facebook so he will know how it all works, I know it’s probably simple but I wouldn’t have a clue as am not familiar with the platform, and that’s all. He told me one person that’s behind it (I didn’t ask et ) and he is someone that all West Ham fans know and on here, is respected. It’s not my place to say who it is but am sure it’ll come out when they wish it too.

Am in no way involved in the new group but don’t wish to see people make assumptions about Nik who I’ve known for a few years now.

As said, good luck to the new group and I’ll keep an eye on its progress.

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer »

prince of wales wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:46 am well I think it is very sad that so many on here see fit to slag this new group off.Perhaps it is you that have a hidden agenda? There are so many things wrong at the moment at the club and no existing group is getting anywhere challenging them.I am very happy to represent Hammers United and talk to you on your TV blog or whatever it is you call it.The invitation is there.
This probably answers your first line. I can’t blame people for being a bit iffy over new groups for various reasons. As with every group, it’s up to you to demonstrate that you deserve to be backed and I can safely say, if you show that then majority on here would back you.

As for the ‘tv blog or whatever’ am not sure wording in a way that could be seen as a dig is the best way to go about it.

As said, look forward to your progress and your obviously welcome to post any updates etc, best of luck!

prince of wales

Red.That was not a dig mate,I don't do new technology.I cant even work my DVD at home .That is why Nik helped with the website etc.My people this morning said we should have a WhatsApp.I don't know what that is.Another has asked for a screen shot.I said.'Is that a John Wayne film'.-I wasn't taking the piss.I enjoy watching Gonzo et.-I would call it a video.-But is it TV or a blog -I honestly don't know.I wasn't taking the piss.We have been receiving a fair amount of abuse and are determined not get drawn into arguments.

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

:D :D :D

Committee's, forums, agendas and marches

What has happened to football

Go on Saturday, moan your bollocks off, moan to your mates, go the following Saturday, get on with your life.

What's the 1st point of interest, 4 ply shit house paper?
Covid in the Boardroom

prince of wales

One other thing Red.Your post was fair.-And I hope that we can show we do deserve backing.

prince of wales

Lawnmower man.Why are you so full of derision and bad feeling towards the new group.They have only been around 4 days,how can they have upset you so much? You ask who the Committee is.Do you not understand that in the light of last years events they might be afraid of sticking their heads above the parapet.We are all West Ham supporters .Our issues must be with the Board.-Not our fellow fans.