Protest Details.

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: Protest Details.

Post by h69 »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:46 am
h69 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:21 am

Not picking on you Newmarket but the above line shows that the whole protest thing bears no logic if that is the attitude of HU

That a manager (who many wanted) spent a load of money (that people wanted) on a load of players and then tactically fucked up and nearly got us relegated (and may still yet be the cause of such) and is not relevant ??? really ?? .....What is ? Popcorn ?

Where did all the people that actually cared about the actual football go ?

Good luck with your protest ! :o
In the context of the point I was trying to make to Mr Hotter , yes that line really is irrelevant , as I was pointing out that in my opinion , and yeah I know that I didn’t make that clear ,is that that large(r) initial spend came about due to the Burnley protest.

What followed afterwards was yes , typical West Ham , but in my eyes I still think NO Burnley protest and we wouldn’t have seen either the money nor the manager that wasted it.
They probably would have kept Moyes.
Ok. I dont necessarily think that protest was the reason for the money being spent but the fact was it was spent and we are still shit.

h69

Post by h69 »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:42 am
whu wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:29 am agree to disagree as ever 69

we still have 60k fully supportive fans, regardless of circumstance, quite remarkable...getting behind the team under any circumstance, not in question

we constantly achieve amongst the top twenty wealthiest clubs ON THE PLANET and top ten sounds an unreasonable demand?

as I say, we will again disagree

aim low get low, as someone once said
There’s also nothing wrong with having ambition. We all know that we’ll never be a consistent top ten team but that’s not a reason to not like it to happen.
I have never said it was unreasonable to not like that to happen. I just think it is pointless to march when it does not like some entitled child. There is a difference between wanting something or liking it and 'demanding it or you throw your toys out of your pram'

whu

Post by whu »

h69 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:02 am
whu wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:24 am

I said minimum should be top ten, not guaranteeing top ten. You love editing and still haven't factored how much for the sale of Upton Park? That's much lower in the overall spend territory and the very cheap rent we pay compared to other clubs overall overheads again, drives down the boards overall spend. As I say, editing is nice. Better lay all cards on the table I say. Keep producing a graph that suits just one part of the bigger picture. No West Ham supporter is a glory boy by the way or demands it. History tells us that. I just like to see football played on the deck, players all trying hard, a level of ambition at board level (my opinion was top half) .. ....how the fuck can anyone say that criteria, under current financial circumstances/all circumstances at WHUFC, is an unreasonable demand?

Why are you not questioning the promises made by our board, only question supporters wanting a bit of ambition for our club? We don't demand top ten but our board was selling us tickets on their 5 year plan of 'challenging for champions league places' promises in 5 years. I didn't expect that (I have stated top ten should be our aim, seen as unreasonable by you) but are you happy being sold something on a blatant lie? Surely not one person would be happy with that … you excluded obviously. You're special. Many see you as a club plant. I just see you as someone with a different opinion but your lack of ambition, despite the fact that you say you do so many home and away games, just baffles me, massively.
Minimum finish of top 10 IS guaranteeing top 10 is it not ? That is what minimum means :lol:

I haven't edited anything other than my typos. Those tables were published by the PL and FIFA :lol:

And like I think I said, I have no issue with wanting these things...don't we all. But marching because we dont finish above a certain position ?

Why am I not questioning the board promises ? Again, I said above that I take most promises from owners with a pinch of salt. Its more ambition than anything else but I dont take any promises as written contracts.

But as you write, it appears if I dont agree with you, it makes me a club plant...Fucking grow up and understand that just because I dont want to walk around a park bleating like a victim that my club have not finished in the top 10 makes me no less of a supporter than you.
'minimum top ten aim' was my comment. my sole point. wtf are you not getting?
you still do not concede £40mil plus for upton park and peanuts for rent now, with much added custom from previous place, shouldn't be factored in. you just protect the boards every move and you don't debate properly, you try to mock with your little teenage emoji's. bless. i'll ignore you again as I have done for a long time. the board plant from many I talk to, you have more than proven.

cue your usual boring board backing enforcement, emojis and accusations that I cannot debate as I have left

boring mug

:lol: whufc_crest :o goodpost:) :roll: :?: :idea: :cry: :oops: :P :shock: :lol: ;) babyfuckoff shakeass whufc_crest :mrgreen: whufc_crest goodpost:)
Fuck Off Sully, Brady, Moyes. Killing this club by death from a thousand cunts.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

h69 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:50 am
andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:47 am

It goes a lot further back than that H........remember Martin Peters.......for Jimmy Greaves...... :lol: :lol:
:lol: Fair enough. Where was the march when that happened ?
I remember sitting outside the pub with my bottle of coke and salt n' shake crisps listening to all the grown ups talking about the sale and they were angry, probably in every pub around the ground the same thing was happening. 200 here 200 there, the difference now is social media, at the click of a button you can be in contact with thousands of supporters not just a few hundred as in the old days. The only contact we had was on match day.
Now if we had social media then..........things might of been different....

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Club is and always has been run by cunts.

h69

Post by h69 »

whu wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:26 pm
h69 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:02 am

Minimum finish of top 10 IS guaranteeing top 10 is it not ? That is what minimum means :lol:

I haven't edited anything other than my typos. Those tables were published by the PL and FIFA :lol:

And like I think I said, I have no issue with wanting these things...don't we all. But marching because we dont finish above a certain position ?

Why am I not questioning the board promises ? Again, I said above that I take most promises from owners with a pinch of salt. Its more ambition than anything else but I dont take any promises as written contracts.

But as you write, it appears if I dont agree with you, it makes me a club plant...Fucking grow up and understand that just because I dont want to walk around a park bleating like a victim that my club have not finished in the top 10 makes me no less of a supporter than you.
'minimum top ten aim' was my comment. my sole point. wtf are you not getting?
you still do not concede £40mil plus for upton park and peanuts for rent now, with much added custom from previous place, shouldn't be factored in. you just protect the boards every move and you don't debate properly, you try to mock with your little teenage emoji's. bless. i'll ignore you again as I have done for a long time. the board plant from many I talk to, you have more than proven.

cue your usual boring board backing enforcement, emojis and accusations that I cannot debate as I have left

boring mug

:lol: whufc_crest :o goodpost:) :roll: :?: :idea: :cry: :oops: :P :shock: :lol: ;) babyfuckoff shakeass whufc_crest :mrgreen: whufc_crest goodpost:)
I agreed about the sale of UP about two pages ago (see response to Newmarket) Is it my fault you cant read ?

The Premier league and FIFA didnt factor that into the tables I pasted in. Did you really think I created the tables myself ? Thats laughable... Get a life and get over it FFS or email FIFA and moan that it isnt representative. Maybe you can start another march ?

I dont back many of the boards moves especially around infrastructure (training ground, scouting etc) but like I said pages ago, doesnt mean I want to go marching round a field crying about it like a baby.

Love the 'many I talk to' quote, means you cant work things out for yourself.

And I take it you have been marching every season we didnt finish in the top 10. You must have covered a lot of miles.

and they call the scousers victims FFS
Last edited by h69 on Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

h69

Post by h69 »

andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:28 pm
h69 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:50 am

:lol: Fair enough. Where was the march when that happened ?
I remember sitting outside the pub with my bottle of coke and salt n' shake crisps listening to all the grown ups talking about the sale and they were angry, probably in every pub around the ground the same thing was happening. 200 here 200 there, the difference now is social media, at the click of a button you can be in contact with thousands of supporters not just a few hundred as in the old days. The only contact we had was on match day.
Now if we had social media then..........things might of been different....
I agree. I am sure that might have happened but then again they were different times when people felt less entitled.

Byrney83

Post by Byrney83 »

Hi all,

I think it’s important we don’t lose sight of what we are all trying to achieve here.

Argue as we might over a protest, a group, a comment, a means to end... but surely we want the same end? And surely we wouldn’t stand in the way of anyone who wants to work hard to get it - even if we don’t agree with their methods.

There is one thing no-one can argue:

Gold, Brady and Sullivan have not had hoards of West Ham fans rushing to their defence. It would appear approximately 5% feel they are doing a good job.

Let’s not lose sight of that, Hammers United won’t.

Irrespective of our differences of opinion, we should focus on our shared opinions that we deserve better owners, a better structure, to be rooted in our community and that our fans should have a voice. These should bring us together on this one.

Post by 9898 »

Byrney83 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:10 pm Hi all,

I think it’s important we don’t lose sight of what we are all trying to achieve here.

Argue as we might over a protest, a group, a comment, a means to end... but surely we want the same end? And surely we wouldn’t stand in the way of anyone who wants to work hard to get it - even if we don’t agree with their methods.

There is one thing no-one can argue:

Gold, Brady and Sullivan have not had hoards of West Ham fans rushing to their defence. It would appear approximately 5% feel they are doing a good job.

Let’s not lose sight of that, Hammers United won’t.

Irrespective of our differences of opinion, we should focus on our shared opinions that we deserve better owners, a better structure, to be rooted in our community and that our fans should have a voice. These should bring us together on this one.
Poor show.
People could not give 2 hoots about the protest at this moment in time, but as a frantic panic ensues following the realisation that opportunities were missed, this bunch feel the need to try and gain some momentum that has been lost...forever.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."