West Ham vs Everton Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Mikeveep

Re: West Ham vs Everton Official Match Thread

Post by Mikeveep »

I think our only unplayed card is to unleash Rice.

We were relatively strong defensively against Sheffield with three at the back,don't think there's a need for Declan to be a fourth centre half,the role he seemed to be playing.

Play him a bit more forward with freedom to attack, he has the pace to get back. Noble has it in his game to cover any gap when Rice advances, like the traditional wing halves.

He's ready for this,I'm sure.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Mikeveep wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:52 am I think our only unplayed card is to unleash Rice.
Well, it will certainly be a pressure cooker environment on Saturday.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Mikeveep wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:52 am I think our only unplayed card is to unleash Rice.

We were relatively strong defensively against Sheffield with three at the back,don't think there's a need for Declan to be a fourth centre half,the role he seemed to be playing.

Play him a bit more forward with freedom to attack, he has the pace to get back. Noble has it in his game to cover any gap when Rice advances, like the traditional wing halves.

I wouldn't say we are strong defensively at all , We did have a very good Goalkeeper , who was quite capable of getting results for us on his own , I think we have some very good Center-Backs , but our fullbacks especially Masuaku cannot defend adequately enough actually he is poor defensively , Fredericks can tackle but has no positional sense so is often caught out , even with his pace , as for Zabaleta he was a tremendous asset his first season , what he is now is a liability . Cresswell is a good fullback , but think he is looking a tad slow recently . Rice runs himself ragged trying to cover for the fullbacks .
As for Rice , you want to see him play a more forward role and you want Noble to cover midfield while Rice does this . I do not think Rice has the pace to get back , and as for Noble he could never cover any gaps Rice would leave , he canted do it now with Rice next to him ..

h69

Post by h69 »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:17 pm
h69 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:28 pm

Surely the point of general sale is it is on sale to the general public. Hasn't this always been the case ?
Of course. I was thinking more the fact that the victims are openly bragging about it .
Fair enough but how do you stop that from happening ? It can happen at any club and has done for years. One season, I often sat in the home end at games when I could not get an away ticket a few years ago

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

h69 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:52 am
Of course. I was thinking more the fact that the victims are openly bragging about it .
Fair enough but how do you stop that from happening ? It can happen at any club and has done for years. One season, I often sat in the home end at games when I could not get an away ticket a few years ago
Done it myself many times as I know Whisky has.
Sensibly I might add.
This though , is bother waiting to happen .

Hope it all goes off peacefully.
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Clayton wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:39 am

I wouldn't say we are strong defensively at all , We did have a very good Goalkeeper , who was quite capable of getting results for us on his own , I think we have some very good Center-Backs , but our fullbacks especially Masuaku cannot defend adequately enough actually he is poor defensively , Fredericks can tackle but has no positional sense so is often caught out , even with his pace , as for Zabaleta he was a tremendous asset his first season , what he is now is a liability . Cresswell is a good fullback , but think he is looking a tad slow recently . Rice runs himself ragged trying to cover for the fullbacks .
As for Rice , you want to see him play a more forward role and you want Noble to cover midfield while Rice does this . I do not think Rice has the pace to get back , and as for Noble he could never cover any gaps Rice would leave , he canted do it now with Rice next to him ..
We do look a bit more organised at the back since Moyes came in.I do think we`ll be okay because of Moyes,even though we have some very difficult games coming up.
MP left us in this mess,because he was only interested in playing one system that our players had difficulty adjusting too.If he would have come in a month before,we`d been sitting in the Top 10 now,with little worries.His won 2 and lost one against Sheff U,where we never got the rub of the green on the night.

I think we'll get a result Saturday.Just hope any protests,don`t effect the players.It`s not Moyes or the players fault,that we got crooked owners,is it?

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:02 am

Done it myself many times as I know Whisky has.
Sensibly I might add.
This though , is bother waiting to happen .

Hope it all goes off peacefully.
I would say they'll wreck the place but how can you wreck something that's already fucked?
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Agree with that. When I used to go to all the away games I always got my tickets from the home club because I wanted a decent view of the bloody match. There were always a decent number of West Ham fans dotted around amongst the home mob. Never experienced any problems at all. Shouldn't be an issue uunless some dickhead decides to get "in someone's face". Celebrating you team's goals is OK, giving it large to the opposing fans-----. Anyone dumb enough to do that deserves what's coming imo.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Revised Squad:

GK: Randolph.

RWB Zabaleta
DC: Diop
DC: Bulbuena
DC: Ogbonna
LWB: Cresswell

MC: Rice
MC: Noble
MC: Fornals

AMC: Lanzini

SC: Haller
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:16 pm

Agree with that. When I used to go to all the away games I always got my tickets from the home club because I wanted a decent view of the bloody match. There were always a decent number of West Ham fans dotted around amongst the home mob. Never experienced any problems at all. Shouldn't be an issue uunless some dickhead decides to get "in someone's face". Celebrating you team's goals is OK, giving it large to the opposing fans-----. Anyone dumb enough to do that deserves what's coming imo.
Everton do not normally bring more support than their allocation, sure it’s not all bollocks.