Sheff Utd vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Sheff Utd vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Folliwing our battling display against Gillingham and gladly to be done with a clean sheet and determination to go through. Thought on Fredericks injury and hopefully he will be back soon and Moyes should get a RB this transfer Market. I have no idea when Ben Johnson will be back, seemed a long time now. Antonio could be back and if he does, he will start on the bench.

Squad:

Fabianksi

Diop
Ogbonna
Bulbuena

Zabaleta
Masuaku/Cresswell
Noble
Rice

Anderson
Fornals

Haller

Hopefully to have a good performance as we did against Bournemouth and Moyes will make sure no less than that as he did well in half-time talk against Gillingham.

Going to be a tough one and hope we are stronger than when Pellegrini was here.

whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Taansend

Re: Sheff Utd vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Taansend »

They haven't won in three games losing 2 nil each to Liverpool & Citeh plus drawing with Watford.

Before that they won three on the trot (Brighton, Villa, Norwich)

Then prior to that won none of four, losing to Newcastle & drawing with Wolves, Man Utd & Spurs

So they've won 3 & lost 3 of their last 10. Only Wolves & Arsenal have drawn more than them (9 over 8).

They're 7 points ahead of us on 29.

A win could possibly move us up to 11th whereas a loss could see us slide into relegation.

The table is starting to open up a little but there's still only ten points between Europe & Championship, for now.

We could really do with 4 points from Sheffield & Everton as we have Leicester & Liverpool after that this month.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Draw.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Fredericks will be out until end of February but Ben Johnson is now training and Moyes will give him a couple of games of U23 and watch him carefully and if he is fine, to slot into the Right Wing Back position, hopefully in a couple of weeks time.....Zabaleta will fill in that role for Sheff Utd and Everton game then give him rest before Johnson will cover the position.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Ibbyham wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:29 pm Fredericks will be out until end of February but Ben Johnson is now training and Moyes will give him a couple of games of U23 and watch him carefully and if he is fine, to slot into the Right Wing Back position, hopefully in a couple of weeks time.....Zabaleta will fill in that role for Sheff Utd and Everton game then give him rest before Johnson will cover the position.
I’m sure I can’t be the first to ask this but are you itk ?
Bring back Jonathon !

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:58 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:29 pm Fredericks will be out until end of February but Ben Johnson is now training and Moyes will give him a couple of games of U23 and watch him carefully and if he is fine, to slot into the Right Wing Back position, hopefully in a couple of weeks time.....Zabaleta will fill in that role for Sheff Utd and Everton game then give him rest before Johnson will cover the position.
Got the info from C&H and West Ham news.

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer »

Not confident for this one, fear it a lot less than I did two weeks ago but they’re well organised and while the previous two wins are much appreciated, I do think the results do not reflect the full context.

Found myself somewhat rooting for them in some games, mainly due to Wilder, his post interview after the Liverpool game I found refreshing.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Ibbyham wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:46 am
Newmarket wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:58 pm

You'll get a visit from old bill Ibbs. Copyright and all that. I thought you got the info from a spy on the payroll.
Still early days for the Moyes Boyes so I'll be happy with a draw against the blunts.
Tevez to score. :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

tassiehammer wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:06 am
Ibbyham wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:46 am

You'll get a visit from old bill Ibbs. Copyright and all that. I thought you got the info from a spy on the payroll.
Still early days for the Moyes Boyes so I'll be happy with a draw against the blunts.
Tevez to score. :D
Bring back Tevez :lol: :lol: :lol: and where is Colin?????

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep »

With the three at the back,hopefully a fixture,and Rice playing deep,Antonio in some kind of right wing back position should be a consideration.

Tried and failed in the past, but from what we know now of Antonio's strengths and weaknesses would be a good fit imo.