Differences between Leicester and West Ham.

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Differences between Leicester and West Ham.

Post by Ibbyham »

The difference between Leicester and West Ham is strength in depth of 25 players in a sqaud as Leicester 25 players are very similar level thus any of their players injured, the replacement make no difference. West Ham first 11 is fine but the next 14 is way down the level which is why we got spanked against Oxford and AFC Wimbledon as our lower 14 players are not even strong enough to play for League 1 opposition so we are very weak especially ANY of the top 11 players one or 2 injured, the weaker player come in and thus the balance is not good which is why we are struggle at this minutes.

Need to keep top 11, get rid 1/2 of the 14 lower order players to get higher level players next summer, then keep it until buy the rest of the 1/2 in 2021 summer to make our 25 squads an even level. THIS is what Leicester City has done and shows why they are strong in League and Cups.

Need major changes next summer and the summer after IF we want to move up a level and do better in cups games.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Ibbyham

Re: Differences between Leicester and West Ham.

Post by Ibbyham »

Just to let you all know the top 11 is:

Fabianski

Fredericks
Diop
Ogbonna
Cresswell

Rice
Noble

Yarmolenko
Antonio
Snodgrass (he always works his sock off and not afraid to attack than Anderson)

Haller

and the rest:

Roberto - weak in certain times with little success.
Zabaleta - still going but not as top as he was a couple of seasons ago, especially at Man city during his heyday.
Balbuena - perhaps a one season wonder, like Ilunga of the 2000s.
Reid - long term injury and won't be the player he once was.
Masuaku - Some good and some poor, lack of consistency.
Sanchez - poor quality signing and a Championship player type at best.
Wilshere - like Carroll, only lasted a couple of games then injured and not as strong as he was. Waste of time!
Anderson -He always lack confident of creating an attack and rather quickly to pass the ball back to defence instead!
Fornals - taken a while to settle down but I can't see him as good as Antonio or Yarmolenko.
Lanzini - like an on-off tap and very easily beaten by other team defensive players.
Ajeti - Still no prove as per 2 cups games that no goals and need more time on pitch with Haller than 5/10 minutes.
Martin - not a Premier League quality GK as he spend most of his career between level 2 and 3.

From the Youth:

Cardoso - still relative young age and spending time in U23 as he is doing very well so that a plus side.
Ben Johnson - solid RB/LB and looked to be top class. I would rather put Johnson as our LB as he is still stronger than Cresswell/Masuaku or RB if Fredericks injured.
Diangara - currently on-loan at WBA and doing a good job in the Championship and have experience in PL so he is a ready made for Yarmolenko.
Cullens - currently on loan at Charlton and like Noble type of players but need experience in PL and will he be as good as Noble or even better? At 23, just a few years left in him so it is a 50/50.
Holland - hope he will be a good attacking left winger and a very bright prospects. Hope he will have a good runs out in FA Cup.
Coventry - good U23 player except his stupid agents want more money so club will sort out whatever best.
Trott - currently on loan at AFC Wimbledon and doing very good jobs against a poor AFC Wimbledon side so hopefully he will fit in Fabs' shoes next season, at a no.2 GK to be no.1 ONCE Fabs retired.
Scully - good goal-scoring U23 players and hopefully to be the next cottee.
Kemp - Ditto as Scully.
Jamal Baptiste - just 15 years old central defender and very much like Diop level so hopefully to be playing our first team in 3 years time by the time Ogbonna nearing his retirement age.

Of those youth, Question is.....can they PROVE to be a good Premier League player? Can they fill in our squad of 25 more better level than the above?

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

What a load of clueless bollocks :lol: :lol: :lol: You should consult some stats before writing such drivel

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Shortshanks wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:43 pm What a load of clueless bollocks :lol: :lol: :lol: You should consult some stats before writing such drivel
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm the stat man cos the stat are TRUE.

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

The stats are true and they tell a vastly different picture to what you try and portray.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Shortshanks wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:07 pm The stats are true and they tell a vastly different picture to what you try and portray.
All I hope West Ham to have a better strength in depth in all area to compete another level.

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Just check Andersons stats and you will see what I mean

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Shortshanks wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:13 pm Just check Andersons stats and you will see what I mean
He is good but need to do better in consistency

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

Dunno about that mate...

Starting XI that smashed Southampton vs ours that drew to the Blades

Schmeichel ... Roberto
Pereira ... Zabaleta
Evans ... Diop
Soyuncu ... Balbuena
Chilwell ... Cresswell
Ndidi ... Rice
Tielemans ... Noble
Maddison ... Snodgrass
Perez ... Yarmolenko
Barnes ... Anderson
Vardy ... Haller

Bench
Justin, Morgan, Gray, Albrighton, Ward, Choudhury & Praet
Lanzini, Sanchez, Fornals, Ogbonna, Fredericks, Martin & Ajeti

Make your own judgment and see if you can conclude what the difference might be?

Some of my comments:
1) GK, of course we should have Fabianski, who TBH I do think is actually better than Schmeichel, though both are very good
2) RB, big cock up that Zaba started, he should be our Morgan, the experienced veteran who can do a job off the bench to see out the game in case of an injury. Pereira is better than Fredericks, but not night and day so.
3) Evans + Soyuncu vs Diop + Balbuena - on paper, either or...
4) Big difference is LB, Cress has been playing well, but watch Leicester, everything comes down that left side, Chilwell is world class, between him & Robertson for best in the league - BUT he has multiple targets to aim for
5) Rice will probably be better than Ndidi in the long run, right now.... happy with either, but Ndidi scores more and I'd be willing to bet creates more too - to be a worthy Kante replacement is some doing
6) Noble + Snodgrass vs Tielemans + Maddison. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: can't imagine where the issue is! (& Snodgrass was our best player)
7) Yarmo + Anderson vs Barnes & Perez. On paper (!!) no contest
8) Vardy vs Haller - now that is a dilemma. Put it this way, go back 6 months. Puel Vardy vs Frankfurt Haller?
9) FWIW, our bench consists of Argentina, Colombia, Spain U21 (who won the tournament), Italy & Switzerland internationals

Man for man, on paper I think they are only 3 players significantly better than us.

So apart from the obvious personnel issue in MF, the glaring difference has to be the manager, tactics, effort, determination and endeavor. Point 8 says it all what a difference a manager makes on the players performance

grandad

Post by grandad »

Ibbyham wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:31 pm The difference between Leicester and West Ham is strength in depth of 25 players in a sqaud as Leicester 25 players are very similar level thus any of their players injured, the replacement make no difference. West Ham first 11 is fine but the next 14 is way down the level which is why we got spanked against Oxford and AFC Wimbledon as our lower 14 players are not even strong enough to play for League 1 opposition so we are very weak especially ANY of the top 11 players one or 2 injured, the weaker player come in and thus the balance is not good which is why we are struggle at this minutes.

Need to keep top 11, get rid 1/2 of the 14 lower order players to get higher level players next summer, then keep it until buy the rest of the 1/2 in 2021 summer to make our 25 squads an even level. THIS is what Leicester City has done and shows why they are strong in League and Cups.

Need major changes next summer and the summer after IF we want to move up a level and do better in cups games.

they have players who want to win full stop ... pace up front .... players who will head the ball ( hello Anderson ) pace and strength in the midfield.... a manager who has something to prove and is young and can show them what he wants on the training ground and not just pick the team ... a board who wants to try and win things and not just stay in the premier league at all costs ... and a proper football stadium
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!