Differences between Leicester and West Ham.

Chat about anything football related here!
redhammer
Site Admin

Re: Differences between Leicester and West Ham.

Post by redhammer »

Main one for me is selling players, not being afraid to sell them and when you do, get monster money and reinvest it wisely. One step back and two steps forward.

We panic, use sites to say we won’t sell, give them new contracts. Nobody is irreplaceable but we act like they are.

When someone knocks on the door for Rice we must have 2 things - 1: a replacement identified that could be better than Rice and 2: am asking price thats big but also achievable for the buying club, like Maguire for £80m.

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

"players who will head the ball" . Bring back Andy Carroll ? and are you taking notice Messi ? :lol: :lol:

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

redhammer wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:19 am Main one for me is selling players, not being afraid to sell them and when you do, get monster money and reinvest it wisely. One step back and two steps forward.

We panic, use sites to say we won’t sell, give them new contracts. Nobody is irreplaceable but we act like they are.

When someone knocks on the door for Rice we must have 2 things - 1: a replacement identified that could be better than Rice and 2: am asking price thats big but also achievable for the buying club, like Maguire for £80m.
What's the point of selling your best players unless they are demanding to go. If you want someone as good you will have to spend all the money and if you are talking about getting someone inferior and keeping some of the money for our very generous owners then that's a perfect recipe for disaster. Just look at Southampton. Btw I know 2 who are irreplaceable Messi and Ronaldo :)
Last edited by Shortshanks on Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

grandad

Post by grandad »

Shortshanks wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:01 am "players who will head the ball" . Bring back Andy Carroll ? and are you taking notice Messi ? :lol: :lol:
Anderson arsehole drops out every time he has to head a ball when another player is close by

Mind you saying that our defenders cant fucking head the ball either or the midfield

Yes players that head the ball all over the pitch and that means you keeper :lol:
Last edited by grandad on Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

grandad wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:06 am
Shortshanks wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:01 am "players who will head the ball" . Bring back Andy Carroll ? and are you taking notice Messi ? :lol: :lol:
Anderson arsehole drops out every time he has to head a ball when another player is close by
Heading the ball is a bit old fashioned nowadays and does a wide player need to be great in the air. How many headed goals are there in relation to shooting etc

grandad

Post by grandad »

Shortshanks wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:09 am
grandad wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:06 am

Heading the ball is a bit old fashioned nowadays and does a wide player need to be great in the air. How many headed goals are there in relation to shooting etc

we don't do wither mate do we :lol:
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

grandad wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:11 am
Shortshanks wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:09 am

we don't do wither mate do we :lol:
I'm assuming you mean either :) But no and we haven't for about 10 years or so now :lol:

Phil

Post by Phil »

The difference is simple...the owners
their owner care and invest

Our are cunts
the end

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

A manager whose not afraid to change formations when things aren't going to plan. And more importantly a board that will back him. The bond they have with the fans and players is special and they seem to genuinely enjoy their team and the fans in turn recognise this. The fella that died was worshipped before his death and still is. How many of our fans would be upset if the same thing happened here? I know I wouldn't be, personally I wouldn't walk to my front room to pay my respects. I hate them!
Other than that, there's really not a lot between the two sides.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

The biggest single difference for me is the manager.
1 has good experience, excellent tactical knowledge and is still very hungry to climb the ladder. This is reflected in his team.
1 has vast experience, excellent tactical knowledge but has already been to the top of the ladder and doesn’t appear overly motivated to climb back up there anymore. This is reflected in his team.

I’m hoping to eat a slice of humble pie the size of an Arnautovic ego come the end of the season.... but this is how I currently see it.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"