Hernandez is leaving for 8 million and a free agent will be signed as a replacement

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Hernandez is leaving for 8 million and a free agent will be signed as a replacement

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:29 am
boxman wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:00 am body language, lack of effort, his conditioning, and transfer request suggests otherwise.. maybe you miss him throwing up his hands at every hurdle we stumble over as a team.. or the continuous lack of effort he puts in despite the significant amount of minutes he was given over the past season

at any rate for me it's pretty obvious he is one of the last toxic elements in the squad.. maybe you doubt that newmarket but even if you choose to ignore the numerous warning signs already you think the equation wont change at all after we reject this move

to each their own, great move as far as im concerned

and who the fuck said anything about ITK, wtf are you on about
My belief is that financially it was a great deal for the club/gruesome twosome and we’ll never see any of it
Especially January when they (don’t) have previous for investment.
Clubs don't usually invest in January. They panic buy.
Newmarket wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:29 am What’s the chances of injuries to
Haller
Rice
Fabianski
Masuaku
all at the same time ?
((G7*(3/100))/12)

Now you can work it out for yourself. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Re: Hernandez is leaving for 8 million and a free agent will be signed as a replacement

Post by palerider »

boxman wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:00 am body language, lack of effort, his conditioning, and transfer request suggests otherwise.. maybe you miss him throwing up his hands at every hurdle we stumble over as a team.. or the continuous lack of effort he puts in despite the significant amount of minutes he was given over the past season

at any rate for me it's pretty obvious he is one of the last toxic elements in the squad.. maybe you doubt that newmarket but even if you choose to ignore the numerous warning signs already you think the equation wont change at all after we reject this move

Apologies if I sounded a bit brash , you just seemed very very sure of any toxic atmosphere/disruptive influence within the squad .

And frankly I don’t believe that but hey ho :D

My belief is that financially it was a great deal for the club/gruesome twosome and we’ll never see any of it

The timing of this is just all wrong .

Someone on another thread said you get what you pay for and many were in agreement.

We have spent next to fuck all and reduced the wage bill by a shit load .

Low net spend and low wage bill USUALLY points to lower mid table/relegation battle .

Our problems could have been addressed with proper investment though.
What’s the chances of injuries to
Haller
Rice
Fabianski
Masuaku

all at the same time ?
I bet you're a hoot at parties Tim.

:lol:

Riceascaptain

Post by Riceascaptain »

Shinji Okazaki released by Malaga!

Definitly the best free agent out there

palerider

Post by palerider »

Riceascaptain wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:16 pm Shinji Okazaki released by Malaga!

Got myself a cadillac.

But I can't afford the gasoline.

Down Payment Blues, AC/DC, Bon Scott era.

Not that the Jap's a cadillac but you're right. And we wouldn't have a problem with the wages.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Riceascaptain wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:16 pm Shinji Okazaki released by Malaga!

He was a really good foil for Vardy but in our side playing as a lone striker he'd be pointless. 14 PL goals in 114 appearances. Meh. Even Bony managed more, with 36 in 115.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

palerider

Post by palerider »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:45 pm

He was a really good foil for Vardy but in our side playing as a lone striker he'd be pointless. 14 PL goals in 114 appearances. Meh. Even Bony managed more, with 36 in 115.
I disagree. He works his socks off running the channels. More so than the pea even dreamt of. I think he'd be ideal. Even at 34 he's as fit as fuck.

Must be the fish diet.

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

boxman wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:30 pm
Hammertime wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:44 pm I think what he’s on about your HUGE leap of logic in that his on field performance is some signal of any kind of off-field toxicity. An opposite & equally likely supposition is that he’s always been a consummate pro & a good teammate
ignoring the contempt he shows when play breaks down, his excessive pointing in place of his general lack of pressing, poor conditioning, public statements on social media about wanting to move and handing in a transfer request... ignoring all that

if keeping him wasn't going to negatively effect the squad and only maintain/improve it then why would pellegrini sanction the exit?

if you believe pellegrini has the final say then is it really a "HUGE leap of logic" to say that the reason hernandez left is because keeping him would be a net negative?
I don’t disagree that he was always a bad fit for Pelle’s system (or even anyone’s in the modern era of prem football) & his frustrations were sometimes visible. But vilifying a player who simply recognized the bad fit & asked continually for a transfer to increase his playing time seems a little harsh. He didn’t engineer a move for more money, he got his agent to quietly & respectfully to look for a transfer that would get him more playing time in the twilight of his career. A good solution for both clubs and really find it hard to create negatives here.
#fuckqatar2022

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Hammertime wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:46 pm
boxman wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:30 pm

ignoring the contempt he shows when play breaks down, his excessive pointing in place of his general lack of pressing, poor conditioning, public statements on social media about wanting to move and handing in a transfer request... ignoring all that

if keeping him wasn't going to negatively effect the squad and only maintain/improve it then why would pellegrini sanction the exit?

if you believe pellegrini has the final say then is it really a "HUGE leap of logic" to say that the reason hernandez left is because keeping him would be a net negative?
I don’t disagree that he was always a bad fit for Pelle’s system (or even anyone’s in the modern era of prem football) & his frustrations were sometimes visible. But vilifying a player who simply recognized the bad fit & asked continually for a transfer to increase his playing time seems a little harsh. He didn’t engineer a move for more money, he got his agent to quietly & respectfully to look for a transfer that would get him more playing time in the twilight of his career. A good solution for both clubs and really find it hard to create negatives here.
Completely agree with that assessment. A totally different type of transfer request when compared with Payet, Arnautovic and Tomkins who I think are the only 3 recognised first team choices who have actually been moved out in recent years
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Good riddance.

I bought one of those El Paso taco kits in Tesco and I got the shits.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Apologies if I sounded a bit brash , you just seemed very very sure of any toxic atmosphere/disruptive influence within the squad .

And frankly I don’t believe that but hey ho :D

The timing of this is just all wrong .

Someone on another thread said you get what you pay for and many were in agreement.

We have spent next to fuck all and reduced the wage bill by a shit load .

Low net spend and low wage bill USUALLY points to lower mid table/relegation battle .

Our problems could have been addressed with proper investment though.
What’s the chances of injuries to
Haller
Rice
Fabianski
Masuaku

all at the same time ?
Answer this question Tim.

Would you rather have the current squad or the one from 2 seasons ago?

If your answer is this season,then Manuel Pellegrini and Mario Husillos, have done their jobs well.They have saved the club money and we are a better team for it.

If you answer is 2 years ago,then you are a fool.
Last edited by terrya1965 on Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.