Hernandez is leaving for 8 million and a free agent will be signed as a replacement

Chat about anything football related here!
boxman

Re: Hernandez is leaving for 8 million and a free agent will be signed as a replacement

Post by boxman »

body language, lack of effort, his conditioning, and transfer request suggests otherwise.. maybe you miss him throwing up his hands at every hurdle we stumble over as a team.. or the continuous lack of effort he puts in despite the significant amount of minutes he was given over the past season

at any rate for me it's pretty obvious he is one of the last toxic elements in the squad.. maybe you doubt that newmarket but even if you choose to ignore the numerous warning signs already you think the equation wont change at all after we reject this move

to each their own, great move as far as im concerned

and who the fuck said anything about ITK, wtf are you on about

Mikeveep

Re: Hernandez is leaving for 8 million and a free agent will be signed as a replacement

Post by Mikeveep »

You're forgetting we still have "Rice in" our Squad...

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:43 am
Towie wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:34 am

Agree, massive risk with all our injury jinxed seasons.

Haller has already missed one game & when he did Chicarito came in and scored.
Yep . I don’t care how unsuited he was to our system, he scores goals , Silva and Antonio are injured long term and the Swiss lad totally unproven.

We are playing Russian Roulette with Haller’s fitness when 3 weeks ago an £8m fee plus £6m in saved wages could have funded a replacement or a half decent upgrade in DM or full back positions.

I bet Sullivan is doing star jumps .
No way Pellegrini gave the nod on this. This is O Sullivan cashing in before his contract expires.Can,t fault him for that but the smucko should have done that pre season and brought another player in.
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Sad to see him go. Scored some important goals for us. As said, I hope this don't bite us on the arse.

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

Off topic here . Did you know Andy Carrol cost us 55 Million pound over the 7 years? The git wouldn,t even take a pay as you play deal after grossing that amount of dough.
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

boxman wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:51 am you guys have already forgotten arnies toxic impact on our squad

hernandez doesn't want to be here, hasn't wanted for more than a year... even if he does play he is going to do the bare minimum... thats a great message to send to the rest of your squad when he's, by far, our highest earner

if haller gets injured so be it, hernandez would of made fuck all difference anyway, ajeti would be played before him and for the few minutes hernandez would play we'd all moan anyway

as a club this is out of our hands, thank fuck pellegrini has learnt from arnie, if we end up short so be it, we are better off
Hernandez is an established international who has played for two of the biggest clubs in world football. It was a big coup, imo, for us to get him but a player with his record isn't going to be happy being a bench warmer at a club of our stature. A lot of difference between sitting on a bench at the LS to sitting on one at The Bernabeu.

I've not read or heard anything about him "doing an Arnie" but it's quite understandable that the opportunity of joining a club playing in Europe this season appeals to him particularly as Sevilla do look a bit short of players up front so I expect him to be a regular starter. In fact he seems to be very fondly remembered at Old Trafford, and probably Real Madrid as well, so I'm guessing his attitude isn't in question.

It's certainly a good deal for him and a decent deal for the club as he could have walked on a Bosman at the end of the season.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

boxman

Post by boxman »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:17 am I've not read or heard anything about him "doing an Arnie"
specifically said he wasn't as toxic as arnie, theres quite a difference between the two.. but based on the reasons i stated above it would appear to me that he is one of if not the most toxic remaining players in our squad and if we were to reject this move we can't expect that to improve

and although chicharito hadn't started every game last season he has played in almost every game he's been available for and not only has it rarely worked but for me his desire and commitment has been well below an acceptable level for a squad player let alone the highest earner

as far as this being sullivans decision there is nothing to suggest that at all, imo chicharito would be going absolutely no where if pellegrini decided to keep him in the squad, one has to assume that pellegrini is purely making this decision for the mental benefit of the squad if he has the final say which i have absolute no doubt about

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

Can we coax Peter Crouch out of retirement is the big question?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

His officially signed for Seville.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/footba ... type=share

jhammers

Post by jhammers »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:10 am His officially signed for Seville.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/footba ... type=share

In 2 minds about this, he's a proper goalscorer but just doesn't suit our system - not his fault. Scored some important goals for us. Just don't think we can afford to have him as our highest paid player and be a 'back up'.

Worrying thing is if Haller gets injured we only have Ajeti as back up.