15 Years and 350 appearances.

Chat about anything football related here!
IronsForever

15 Years and 350 appearances.

Post by IronsForever »

Mr Noble came on 15 years today as a sub for Luke Chadwick.
Whether you like or dislike him you cannot " not" respect him for the effort and grit he shows.
We missed him at Brighton when we almost got bullied out of the game and he put in a Captains performance today at 32.
Congratulations Mr Noble. You might not be the quickest or the slickest but you sure are one of the gutsiest.
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Ironworksfc

Re: 15 Years and 350 appearances.

Post by Ironworksfc »

West ham legend imo

Huge respect for the guy, the squad is better when he is on the pitch, will be a shame when he can't play anymore.
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

Towie

Post by Towie »

A good premier league player, doesn’t deserve the slagging he gets.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

Towie wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:21 pm A good premier league player, doesn’t deserve the slagging he gets.
I agree mate. He is an easy target in that center but we don,t often look ahead of him to see what is going on. What options are available to him. He will have his bad games , at 32 he has a lot of miles on the clock but there is no doubting we have more bollocks in the team when he plays. Rice also looked more confident today with him around.

Kalnor

Post by Kalnor »

Just finished watching the match

Watching him shout at attacking players as they slowly jogged back as Watford countered really hammered home how much we missed his leadership. Their goal going in on that counter also showed he was right. Creating a better defensive unit thee second half. I thought he tired late in the second half with miss placed passes but by then his grit and tenacity to focus players made him difficult to sub. We need a leader to step up. But until that happens noble is key.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Kalnor wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:21 pm Just finished watching the match

Watching him shout at attacking players as they slowly jogged back as Watford countered really hammered home how much we missed his leadership. Their goal going in on that counter also showed he was right. Creating a better defensive unit thee second half. I thought he tired late in the second half with miss placed passes but by then his grit and tenacity to focus players made him difficult to sub. We need a leader to step up. But until that happens noble is key.

I couldn't agree more. Funny thing is that he never struck me as a leader early on. Even when Nolan came in and was clearly authoritative I thought Noble was quiet. He's really grown into the role.

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

From the BBC:

Noble has now scored 25 penalty goals in the Premier League - only Alan Shearer (56), Frank Lampard (43) and Steven Gerrard (32) have scored more in the competition.

Leader. Everyone in that dressing room respects him, including the manager. The one bloke who didn't is now eating noodles.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

IronsForever wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:15 pm Mr Noble came on 15 years today as a sub for Luke Chadwick.
Whether you like or dislike him you cannot " not" respect him for the effort and grit he shows.
We missed him at Brighton when we almost got bullied out of the game and he put in a Captains performance today at 32.
Congratulations Mr Noble. You might not be the quickest or the slickest but you sure are one of the gutsiest.
I like him and respect him not because of effort and grit as these really should be a given for any professional footballer.
I like him and respect him because despite what many say, we far more resemble a “team” when he’s on the pitch, he keeps coming back after being written off, he’s a great captain, he’s West Ham through and through, seems to be a top bloke and can’t half take a penalty :)
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

Whatever happened to portermoan the noble hater ?
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

ToneLoc wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:47 pm
IronsForever wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:15 pm Mr Noble came on 15 years today as a sub for Luke Chadwick.
I like him and respect him not because of effort and grit as these really should be a given for any professional footballer.
I like him and respect him because despite what many say, we far more resemble a “team” when he’s on the pitch, he keeps coming back after being written off, he’s a great captain, he’s West Ham through and through, seems to be a top bloke and can’t half take a penalty :)
He has managed over the years to keep the strikers away from taking the pen,s. Thats not easy unless you have an amazing record.
36 pen,s taken. Only 4 missed. 91% success rate.