15 Years and 350 appearances.

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

Re: 15 Years and 350 appearances.

Post by ToneLoc »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:05 pm
boxman wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:27 am thought you were talking about carroll for a second.. but then i realised it said 350 and not 35
Has he made an appearance following his triumphant return to Newcastle yet ? Or are Newcastle still interviewing for staff in the newly created Andy Carroll physiotherapy wing.
Apparently planning permission has hit a bit of a blocker as it has become apparent that the land area for the foundation isn’t large enough. NUFC are now negotiating the purchase of an adjacent golf course to provide sufficient building space.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

IronsForever wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:36 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:05 pm

Has he made an appearance following his triumphant return to Newcastle yet ? Or are Newcastle still interviewing for staff in the newly created Andy Carroll physiotherapy wing.
He will be fit to play soon . Then after 4 games he will be out for 10. The cycle continues
This cycle you refer to. Is that the one Sky always shows when an injured player is pedalling away frantically and not actually going anywhere ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:23 pm
IronsForever wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:36 pm

He will be fit to play soon . Then after 4 games he will be out for 10. The cycle continues
This cycle you refer to. Is that the one Sky always shows when an injured player is pedalling away frantically and not actually going anywhere ?
Thats the one!! We should run a sweepstake on how many games he will play this season.
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep »

The all round the ground applause for Mark as he walked off when subbed with 5 minutes to go warmed the cockles !

Sounded like he had just won the cup for us.

He usually runs off, like a true pro..but milked it a bit by strolling.

He was further forward today than I expected. I guess Pelle wanted him to stop so many Norwich attacks starting,,,,they certainly looked less fluid in midfield than against Cheldea.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Good on him and well done.
No one will ever catch bonzo though.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

JustLikeMyDreams

Post by JustLikeMyDreams »

Mikeveep wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:51 am The all round the ground applause for Mark as he walked off when subbed with 5 minutes to go warmed the cockles !

Sounded like he had just won the cup for us.

He usually runs off, like a true pro..but milked it a bit by strolling.

He was further forward today than I expected. I guess Pelle wanted him to stop so many Norwich attacks starting,,,,they certainly looked less fluid in midfield than against Cheldea.
He certainly played his part again our Mike!
Long may it continue and it’s happy days all round my friend.

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

Brings so much to the club and team, his passion and love for the club is clear, has respect from the rest of the team which is obvious when he is on the pitch. Much better than a 1/2 season wonder kid who scores some flashy goals, a true legend on my eyes.

And he can really bang on a penalty, with VAR, could score a few this season.
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Ironworksfc wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:25 pm Brings so much to the club and team, his passion and love for the club is clear, has respect from the rest of the team which is obvious when he is on the pitch. Much better than a 1/2 season wonder kid who scores some flashy goals, a true legend on my eyes.

And he can really bang on a penalty, with VAR, could score a few this season.
On the evidence of this weekend's games VAR won't make a bit of difference mate.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

dorsetdano

Post by dorsetdano »

Although slow Noble has a great game brain in the same way that Fabregas has and what he needs to be seen at his best is to be surrounded by skilful footballers on his wavelength. His best season was undoubtedly the first Payet season where the two of them were linking up with Lanzini and more latterly Antonio and causing havoc.

Now that we have Anderson, Lanzini, Rice, Yarmolenko and Haller, I think he'll have a really good season.

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep »

Indeed,dano...

His football brain is a cut above the average.

He'll see at a glance whether anything is on. if not, he'll pass it back. That's not negative that's keeping possession and the better quality and movement around him with this squad will reduce that to a minimum.