Frank Lampard as Chelsea manager

Chat about anything football related here!
Noni

Frank Lampard as Chelsea manager

Post by Noni »

Frank Lampard agrees to a three-year contract to become Chelsea manager.

downunda

Re: Frank Lampard as Chelsea manager

Post by downunda »

Very romantic but a bit of a risk, could leave an empty spot in the top six whufc_crest

grandad

Post by grandad »

Transfer ban ... blood the youth ..... frank won’t get pelters from the fans.

Good business by Chelsea.
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

downunda wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:26 am Very romantic but a bit of a risk, could leave an empty spot in the top six whufc_crest
Transfer ban, no Hazard. You could well be right. But at the moment I'd back them to finish ahead of Man United and Arsenal tbh. Man United's new policy of signing "potential" is going to see them drop further back imo, Solskjaer will probably lose his job because of it, and the new manager will start another mad transfer cycle trying to play catch up with City.

So maybe not one top 6 spot up for grabs, but 3 ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

garnett

Post by garnett »

Way too early imo, should have stayed at Derby where he showed promise and earned his strips, experienced managers must be livid being overlooked for great "player".

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Good luck to them.
A leap of faith for sure but one that might just pay off IF they can break their usual trigger-happy habit and properly back him with time and patience (2 commodities not usually associated with Chelsea).

For a long time there’s been a “years and years of experience” policy by football clubs at the top level in this country which has seen the old boys network maintain a stranglehold on most of the jobs in the P.L.

Other clubs around Europe seem to have less reservations in trusting in recently-retired players. This is something I’d like to see more of in the Prem.
A successful Lampard might just start a new trend.
Last edited by ToneLoc on Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

palerider

Post by palerider »

Never been a Frank hater myself. I hope he does well apart from when they play us.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

ToneLoc wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:31 am

For a long time there’s been a “years and years of experience” policy by football clubs at the top level in this country which has seen the old boys network maintain a stranglehold on most of the jobs in the P.L.
Not the successful ones mate. The only exception being Man United with Moyes and apparently that was largely at Ferguson's suggestion. Liverpool briefly tried Hodgson but soon got shot of him.

But the further down the table you go the same old names used to keep cropping up, although I think that seems to be changing now. How fucking clowns like Pardew and Hughes kept getting well paid gigs escapes me completely tbh. I've never got the love in a few of our fans had with Pardew tbh. For me he runs Grant very close to being the worst West Ham manager during my years of supporting them.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Like Frank....but DO NOT like the cheats....so will take great joy out of it if they struggle... :D

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:02 am
ToneLoc wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:31 am

Not the successful ones mate. The only exception being Man United with Moyes and apparently that was largely at Ferguson's suggestion. Liverpool briefly tried Hodgson but soon got shot of him.

But the further down the table you go the same old names used to keep cropping up, although I think that seems to be changing now. How fucking clowns like Pardew and Hughes kept getting well paid gigs escapes me completely tbh. I've never got the love in a few of our fans had with Pardew tbh. For me he runs Grant very close to being the worst West Ham manager during my years of supporting them.
Let`s be honest here,Pardew was a few seconds away from lifting the FA Cup. Whatever you say,that was a really memorable season for the right reasons.We have not had many of them in the last 33 years Whiskyman.