Have the owners moved the club forward?

Chat about anything football related here!
redhammer
Site Admin

Re: Have the owners moved the club forward?

Post by redhammer »

Yes, I think they have.

Post by 21212 »

Neville Bartos wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:35 pm We've only moved forward in the last season. Now that may be placed firmly at the feet of Pellegrini and Husillos, but to be fair, Sullivan hired them, funded them, and has for the most part let them get on with it. Prior to that it was the same shambles it's ever been at West Ham United FC.

Oh, I forgot. When a company does well the fork lift driver gets all the credit, not the MD and Directors.
That must be why the fork lift driver gets millions of pounds worth of bonuses.

Post by 21212 »

eskimo joe wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:18 pm Half a season of comfort is hardly a step forward. And if you want an example of the last time we were sure we werent going to be relegated, try the last season at The Boleyn.

Forest, we had the same owners then.

Towie

Post by Towie »

eskimo joe wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:18 pm Half a season of comfort is hardly a step forward. And if you want an example of the last time we were sure we werent going to be relegated, try the last season at The Boleyn.
You were sure before start of season we wouldn’t be relegated or in a battle for relegated?

I think most that season still would have reservations on putting a tenner on us staying up.

This is first season in a very long time that I’m thinking top half finish and not the other way around.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Do my eyes deceive me or did numbers actually post a reasonable question??? :lol:
Flairon

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Towie wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:00 pm
You were sure before start of season we wouldn’t be relegated or in a battle for relegated?

I think most that season still would have reservations on putting a tenner on us staying up.

This is first season in a very long time that I’m thinking top half finish and not the other way around.
The Payet season, you were actually worried we would drop even half way through it? And sure and being worried are a different kettle of fish. Wasnt worried before it, and nothing worried me during it. Cant be said for the rest though, even Pelles first season. Not worried before any of them but i was during the first half season of Pelles. and all other seasons till last days prior except the one.. so in total, one and a half seasons free from squeeky bum time.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Towie

Post by Towie »

eskimo joe wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:24 pm
Towie wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:00 pm

The Payet season, you were actually worried we would drop even half way through it? And sure and being worried are a different kettle of fish. Wasnt worried before it, and nothing worried me during it. Cant be said for the rest though, even Pelles first season. Not worried before any of them but i was during the first half season of Pelles. and all other seasons till last days prior except the one.. so in total, one and a half seasons free from squeeky bum time.
Before season started I was not confident, obviously as we progressed that lack of confidence waned.
We had a new manager who had to change the team from dinosaur football to modern day football, new players to fit in that in all honesty I didn’t know much about.
This season I’m confident we will finish top half under pellegrini.

Do original question have the owners moved us on?
Not for me it will take more than this for them to get any credit but it seems finally we are moving in an upward direction.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

21212 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:57 pm

Quote. "Not fantastic mate, but when in the last 30 years have you been as certain we are not getting relegated? "

In answer to your question. That was the last time. Under different owners, is another question, As far as that being a pointer to them moving us forward, no they havent, we have had one and a half seasons of football without the fear of relegation, that came with 2 and a half in between. Ask that question at the end of the second season from this one and we will see.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

eskimo joe wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:39 pm
21212 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:57 pm

Quote. "Not fantastic mate, but when in the last 30 years have you been as certain we are not getting relegated? "

In answer to your question. That was the last time. Under different owners, is another question, As far as that being a pointer to them moving us forward, no they havent, we have had one and a half seasons of football without the fear of relegation, that came with 2 and a half in between. Ask that question at the end of the second season from this one and we will see.
Good Point Joe. This season coming will answer that question.Teams like Bournemouth, Watford and Leicester are never in relegation battles. At least we should be amongst that lot Minimum.
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

The difference since the owner came in 2008, there were only Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool dominating the top 4 and West Ham finished 9th before they collapsed due to poor owner choice of Avram Grant. The owner made mistake, brought in BFS and brought us back to PL at the first attempt, settled the ship then once that done, they want West Ham to move another level up higher, only this time, the top 4 now becoming top 6 in addition of Cockingham Cockspurs and Greedy City. Bilic was brought in and did very well in his first season with 7th place finished, then once we moved to the London Stadium, I knew it will takes time to settle thus it took too long so Bilic got the boot and got in Moyes that kept us up by only just. The owner want a top manager since moving to London Stadium as more financial income, almost TWICE more than the Upton Park Boleyn Ground. They got Pellegrini, who he is one of the world best managers and settled us down in 2018-19 and hope this coming season to close the gap on top 6 plus help of VAR that stop the top 6 taking too much advantages.

All in all, I think the owner has improved since and moved our club forward just now, since the moved from the London Stadium.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.