A Pound For Your Thoughts? : West Ham United And Socios.Com

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: A Pound For Your Thoughts? : West Ham United And Socios.Com

Post by Newmarket »

Mikeveep wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:05 pm
Newmarket wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:46 am

I wish I could Fuhrer ... let’s leave it there :lol:
I thought it was only books that could be described as "well thumbed"...
Whatever
Bring back Jonathon !

prince of wales

Post by prince of wales »

Many of West Ham’s fans groups have united in opposition to West Ham’s proposed partnership with Socios.This scheme would see further monetisation of the Supporters without consultation.Supporters should not have to pay to have a say.

Hammers United are suggesting that all West Ham Fans Groups against West Ham’s proposed partnership with Socios support an Online Petition.If we all work together the response should be overwhelming.

We will make contact with other groups to discuss and progress.

Thank You.

https://hammersunited.com/
#wearemoorethanfans
#unitedforchange

muskie

Post by muskie »

Looks like that fat rancid pig Brady has scored an own goal here, Socios looks like it might just unite the fan base.
Let's hope WHUISA can keep their politics out of it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

prince of wales wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:55 am Many of West Ham’s fans groups have united in opposition to West Ham’s proposed partnership with Socios.This scheme would see further monetisation of the Supporters without consultation.Supporters should not have to pay to have a say.

Hammers United are suggesting that all West Ham Fans Groups against West Ham’s proposed partnership with Socios support an Online Petition.If we all work together the response should be overwhelming.

We will make contact with other groups to discuss and progress.

Thank You.

https://hammersunited.com/
#wearemoorethanfans
#unitedforchange

FFS mate. I'm sure you guys aren't thick so why the holy fuck can't you see the big picture here. No one will have to pay to have a say. Just keep your money or your bank card in your pocket. Socios are a business with shareholders to keep happy. If they weren't benefiting from this they would soon drop the "partnership" like the proverbial hot potato.

Anybody with half a working brain cell will already have "united" against this scheme without being persuaded to by fan groups. They will just laugh and say "fuck this" and move on. Frankly anyone who does part with their hard earned so they can vote for MOTM or whatever other "participation" might be suggested deserves to have their bank account cleaned out by one of those Nigerian scam artists.

By kicking up the fuss you guys are making you are giving the scheme more publicity than it actually deserves. People do really have more sense than you lot are giving them credit for you know. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep »

"Tilting at windmills"

Parry Hotter

Post by Parry Hotter »

Does anyone here know any fans whod pay good money just to have a say as they put it. I.ll be fucked if I will.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Parry Hotter wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:35 am Does anyone here know any fans whod pay good money just to have a say as they put it. I.ll be fucked if I will.
If anyone does mate I hope they refer them to me. I'm sure with a bit of thought I could soon devise a scam to part them from their hard earned.

A fool and his money as they say. :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

muskie

Post by muskie »

Not sure if this link has been posted on this thread, it looks a good analysis as to what Socios is and why Gold, Sullivan and the fat rancid pig are so keen on it.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

muskie wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:30 pm Not sure if this link has been posted on this thread, it looks a good analysis as to what Socios is and why Gold, Sullivan and the fat rancid pig are so keen on it.

Who is going to use it though, Muskie?
People use Facebook and Twitter for any number of reasons, but they all basically amount to the same thing: they get something out of the experience.
Socios is in the business of monetising fandom, but West Ham aren't West Life. There aren't thousands upon thousands of impressionable fanatics running around who would buy a dog shit if it was endorsed by the club.
The only 'service' we've heard about is a money for influence MOTM vote. Who exactly do we imagine this is going to harm? The three children who would rather spend their pocket money on this than Fortnite or FIFA?
I've no idea what Socios business plan is, but if it's only variations on paying to vote for MOTM they might as well give up now.
And as for things to rally the troops behind, this, in my opinion, is fucking laughable.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

muskie

Post by muskie »

No one knows do they Neville, like you say if it's just for voting in a MOTM poll then it's laughable, but what we don't know is where it will end, as he puts it-

"the very fact that West Ham are one of the first clubs involved tells you that it's a get-rich-quick scheme and not a genuine fan engagement platform. If it were, West Ham's owners would run a mile from it."