the crossed irons

Chat about anything football related here!
BoleynBadges

the crossed irons

Post by BoleynBadges »

our new crest of the crossed irons do you like it? i think the old crest with the castle is much better what are your thoughts? or i you really not bothered! :D

blackcountryhammer

Re : the crossed irons

Post by blackcountryhammer »

I think the new crest is bland at best the old one wins hands down for me

Re: the crossed irons

Post by 1001 »

I love it, me. Two crossed hammers. London. Clean, modern, bosh.
Never took to the castles - and, let's be honest, those two bits of giant lego outside the old ground were hideous.
The only West Ham fan in the village...

eastcoastclaret
Location: Chris Eubank has written a book about ethics. If it sells well, he'll write one about Kent too

Post by eastcoastclaret »

Not too bothered tbh. The badge has changed over years, it's not that long ago no castle was featured. I'm not quite sold on the London part of though, it reminds me of a cosmetics add and also makes me think that we will be opening West Ham franchises everywhere. West Ham Miami anyone?
gonna need a bigger boat...my thumbs have gone weird...weleese bwian...I didn't eat the salmon mousse...nice beaver...like a glove...I have nipples Greg...the details of my life...he's not the messiah....

BoleynBadges

Post by BoleynBadges »

i really do not understand why london has to be on it now if it had the words east london then i would have loved that

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

I like the simplicity of it actually although I would have gone for a circular design myself.

Not bothered about the castle because the first top I ever had was the Billy Bonds one with the crossed hammers.

Obviously the London thing is branding but until we are competing with Man U or City for transfer fees & wages I'll reserve judgement on whether the branding ploy has worked.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

I don't like the new one even though it was our crest before the Boleyn Castle one .

It's the damned London bit that has done me up.

I appreciate the attempt at rebranding etc but to me it just encourages Nip tourists and Albanian Newham freebie ticket recipients to turn up in their Spud shirts .
Bring back Jonathon !

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Would like to have seen a bit more going on,crests,badges,are suppose to reflect the history of your club,
maybe a nod in someway to the Boleyn would have been good.
I'm a massively proud Londoner,but funnily enough just don't like it being on the badge,like some
of you guys have said,it just stinks of marketing.
And Defo don't like the London Stadium,when you used to google West Ham,it would come up with
The Queen Elizabeth park Stadium,now just the London Stadium.
Its just so impersonal,we need to find a more relevant name to us,and start to use it over all
the social networking sites and it will start to stick before it's to late.

Essexbubbles

Post by Essexbubbles »

I agree we needed a new crest but I'm not a lover of the new one. there's something about it but I can't put my finger on it

Essexbubbles

Post by Essexbubbles »

I think it's the colour!! why is it yellowy gold??