The blagging Post

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: The blagging Post

Post by palerider »

Mate

I'll do what I usually do when it's a running thing. I'll donate £1 a mile once she's done it.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

All done
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Is it the Great North Run Gonzo,Have a mate running it,runs every year.
Happy to chip in a few more bucks,great cause,making huge strides due to funding.
Take opportunity for a shout out to Macmillan Nursing,and the Hospices who do invaluable work.
Lost my Dad and Little Sis Michelle, in the Space of 6 months,a while back.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

mkhammer wrote:Is it the Great North Run Gonzo,Have a mate running it,runs every year.
Happy to chip in a few more bucks,great cause,making huge strides due to funding.
Take opportunity for a shout out to Macmillan Nursing,and the Hospices who do invaluable work.
Lost my Dad and Little Sis Michelle, in the Space of 6 months,a while back.

Apreciated as always fellas.

I think it is the Great North Run mate and you are absolutely spot on about Macmillan Nurses.

Really sorry to hear about your dad and in particular Michelle mate . . . . . . . really shitty mate.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

palerider wrote:Mate

I'll do what I usually do when it's a running thing. I'll donate £1 a mile once she's done it.

Don't worry Pale, should only cost you 50p ;)

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

CambridgeIron71 wrote:I've watched the father in law fight both low grade and high grade cancer for 4 years now. He's a strong old boy.

Then I lost my mum last Feb to cancer.
She'd just been given the 5 year all clear from a lump she had removed from her breast. The first routine check up 6 months later and they found secondary cancer had spread to her lungs.
Chemo, radio, magic pills, losing her hair, losing weight, hope, false hope, progress and reduction, false alarms, laid on her side and foot long needles stuck in her back, rushing from work thinking you have only hours left.
She lost the use of her legs where the cancer had crushed her spine. 8 days later she was gone. It's a horrible horrible thing to go through or to watch.

My sister and I do what we can and my cousin raises a lot each year. I hope your sister reaches her target mate.

Sorry about your mum mate, is your father in law still going/in recovery now then?

Post by 1001 »

Done. Delighted to support. Lost a sister a few years back and now losing one of my best mates.
Had a dose myself three years ago and owe everything to the NHS, MacMillan and all the research organisations.
The only West Ham fan in the village...

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

1001 wrote:Done. Delighted to support. Lost a sister a few years back and now losing one of my best mates.
Had a dose myself three years ago and owe everything to the NHS, MacMillan and all the research organisations.

Thanks mate, very decent of you.

Ridiculous really because everyone seems to have a story about a loved being taken by this disease

JayK

Post by JayK »

It's great your sister is running (attempting to) for cancer research and taking her own time out to train for it and do it!!

I've known and lost so many fantastic people to this shitty disease and now the wife is going through it for the 1st time with her mum and also 2 of my aunts are now fighting it

My sister organised a charity event down in the new forest a couple of weeks ago for cancer research. It was a great idea and would've generated plenty of money, but unfortunately there was a big show on locally and bad time of year for holidays, so consequently she barely covered her losses with me and my dad spending crazy on the day and bailing her out.

I'm not in a position to help out here because of the above and because of only just starting a new job this month but I wish your sister the greatest success and even if she doesn't make it round the course, it's a truly selfless and honourable thing she's doing and gets my respect!!
COYI!!!

MissPiggy

Post by MissPiggy »

Hey all,

Gonzo's sis here!

Just wanted to say a MASSIVE thank you for all your donations. Really appreciated. I'm so chuffed with how much I've raised so far and couldn't have got to the amount without your donations so huge thanks!

Despite my bro's faith in me, I'm hoping to complete the 13 miles without a ride in the Ambulance. If any of you want to track me, you can via the Great Run app - my bib number is 42310.

Thanks again
COYI x
whufc_crest