Zaza transfer

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Zaza transfer

Post by Newmarket »

Neville Bartos wrote:I don't think £24m is necessarily overpriced. Last season -- sans the new TV money -- £24m would've equated to around £13m.
Perhaps we should've tied up a marquee forward signing in January. Apparently the barcodes had a £22m offer for Lacazette accepted then.

Surely every chairman worth their salt knew prices would get hiked by 40% this window?
£13m or £24m? What's the fucking difference when it's spent on a useless cunt who doesn't score goals ?

£20m+ on a winger and £24m on a "striker" that doesn't score goals ?

That's £44m in fees and the best part of £250k a week in wages that could of been spent on a goalscorer .

Disgraceful imo and it's not an over reaction .

To say I am gutted with this summers transfer business would be a massive understatement
Bring back Jonathon !

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

Jury's out on how useless a cunt he is and how many goals he wont score.
We all have our opinions on who we should or shouldn't sign, but we don't scout the players, negotiate the deals, or sign the cheques.
There are forwards who cost less than Zaza who I would have preferred, but I'm not gonna rubbish the bloke before he kicks a ball in anger for us.

We just had a great season and yet before this one is even half a dozen games old people are whinging about signings who have either barely played, or not played at all.
I can honestly say that I never imagined the day would come when West Ham fans were moaning about signing a 25 year old, fully fit and healthy, Italian international striker from Juventus. WTF.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

gg

Post by gg »

well said...he is an italian international striker coming from juventus...he cant be that bad can he....people need to give him a chance me thinks..coyi

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Neville Bartos wrote:Jury's out on how useless a cunt he is
I can honestly say that I never imagined the day would come when West Ham fans were moaning about signing a 25 year old, fully fit and healthy, Italian international striker from Juventus. WTF.
I think we are all in agreement we need a striker. A player that will be a regular first team starter.
We have just made a club record 24 million commitment to buy after a one season loan.

This is a 25 year old professional of 8 years experience. He has played 29 times in Serie A and scored a career total of 8 goals.

He has represented Italy internationally 14 times and scored 1 goal.

This is pretty slim pickings and can't be dressed up any other way. Obviously hope is everything but would this guy make your fantasy football team and if not...
I

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

Zaza, like plenty of promising players before him, has suffered from big club bench warming.
No forward playing a bit part for a club will have a startling goals to games ratio. The odd game here, 10 minutes as a sub there, a run of month without any game time at all. None of it's conducive for great stats.
In short, those figures cannot possibly be an accurate, or fair, reflection of the lads potential.
He might not have the pedigree of a Carlos Bacca, but it does look like he actually wants to play for the club, and as long as he's neither stroppy or in the treatment room most of the time he'll be an improvement on Sakho and AC.
Slim pickings? Not when Slav told us that was it in the transfer market a couple of weeks ago. It might not be the most exciting signing, but its a long way from the disappointment some are making it out to be.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

Newmarket wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:I don't think £24m is necessarily overpriced. Last season -- sans the new TV money -- £24m would've equated to around £13m.
Perhaps we should've tied up a marquee forward signing in January. Apparently the barcodes had a £22m offer for Lacazette accepted then.

Surely every chairman worth their salt knew prices would get hiked by 40% this window?
£13m or £24m? What's the fucking difference when it's spent on a useless cunt who doesn't score goals ?

£20m+ on a winger and £24m on a "striker" that doesn't score goals ?

That's £44m in fees and the best part of £250k a week in wages that could of been spent on a goalscorer .

Disgraceful imo and it's not an over reaction .

To say I am gutted with this summers transfer business would be a massive understatement
My words exactly, they look like panic buys, and probably will not solve our long outstanding problems.

hammerman69

Post by hammerman69 »

Neville Bartos wrote:Zaza, like plenty of promising players before him, has suffered from big club bench warming.
No forward playing a bit part for a club will have a startling goals to games ratio. The odd game here, 10 minutes as a sub there, a run of month without any game time at all. None of it's conducive for great stats.
In short, those figures cannot possibly be an accurate, or fair, reflection of the lads potential.
He might not have the pedigree of a Carlos Bacca, but it does look like he actually wants to play for the club, and as long as he's neither stroppy or in the treatment room most of the time he'll be an improvement on Sakho and AC.
Slim pickings? Not when Slav told us that was it in the transfer market a couple of weeks ago. It might not be the most exciting signing, but its a long way from the disappointment some are making it out to be.
Finally someone not wetting their pants and slagging off a player before he even signs for us. He is an Italian international and wants to play for the club....should we not welcome the guy and reserve judgement after a run of a dozen games or so.

FFS, Its not been a great start losing one, winning one and getting knocked out of Europe. Last season we lost two at home won one away and were knocked out of Europe by this stage.....

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

hammerman69 wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:Zaza, like plenty of promising players before him, has suffered from big club bench warming.
Finally someone not wetting their pants and slagging off a player before he even signs for us. He is an Italian international and wants to play for the club....should we not welcome the guy and reserve judgement after a run of a dozen games or so.

FFS, Its not been a great start losing one, winning one and getting knocked out of Europe. Last season we lost two at home won one away and were knocked out of Europe by this stage.....
The difference between now and this time last year is that not everybody is convinced by this years transfer business .

Of course I hope very much to be proved wrong on this Zaza business but in my humble there is much wrong with it .

I realise that the eyetye league is a different kettle of fish and I know that only so much can be read into stats .

However I fail to see what is so special about this fella that warrants "Marquee" status (C&H yesterday) .
C&H also reported yesterday that Zaza is demanding assurances from Bilic that he WILL BE first choice up top when fit and available.

And this from a player who we HAVE to spend £24m out of next years transfer budget on even if he turns out to be another Titi Camara .

Sorry but there's too much wrong with this deal and it smells .
bacca may have a shit attitude but he scored 20 odd goals in serie a last season .

There's the difference to me .
Bring back Jonathon !

blackcountryhammer

Re : Zaza transfer

Post by blackcountryhammer »

he is no marquee signing and his stats aren't that impressive but if he pulls the shirt on and gives his all and proves me wrong then fair enough.

Newmarket

Re: Re : Zaza transfer

Post by Newmarket »

blackcountryhammer wrote:he is no marquee signing and his stats aren't that impressive but if he pulls the shirt on and gives his all and proves me wrong then fair enough.
100% in agreement on that but it won't even paper over the cracks .

This prolific goalscorer that we so so require is no nearer ( at this moment in time) fruition than it was 18 months ago .

Just as a footnote , We have always liked a trier .
I loved Georgie Parris and Christian Dailley .
Gave everything for Weat Ham , blood tears and lots and lots of sweat .

But it didn't stop us getting relegated .

This entire doom and gloom start of season scenario .
The finger must be pointed at whom exactly ?
Bring back Jonathon !