The Transfer rumours have started here post !

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: The Transfer rumours have started here post !

Post by palerider »

dagenhamdave wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:04 pm
boxman wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:36 am out of our main competitors (positions 6 - 10) who had a better window than us?

not many imho
Sorry, I disagree, I think we bought the wrong players. IMHO
Haller, maybe he will turn out OK
Fornals , waste of time should have bought a DM, we already have enough flair players.
Ajeti, would sooner have kept Perez and improved the defence, we have been letting in goals for fun, ever since MP took over and still are.
They got Fornals because they could and I think he'll prove to be a star for us, and Perez was crap so Ajeti is a step up but other players should have been outed to make way for a DM.

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

palerider wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:43 pm
dagenhamdave wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:04 pm

Sorry, I disagree, I think we bought the wrong players. IMHO
Fornals , waste of time should have bought a DM, we already have enough flair players.
Ajeti, would sooner have kept Perez and improved the defence, we have been letting in goals for fun, ever since MP took over and still are.
They got Fornals because they could and I think he'll prove to be a star for us, and Perez was crap so Ajeti is a step up but other players should have been outed to make way for a DM.
They said the same about Anderson and I am not a big fan.
The facts are we only had so much to spend, therefore I believe we should have spent where it was needed most.
Yesterday proved how powderpuff our middle was and exposed at the back.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

What we mustn’t forget is it was Man City and there is the usual knee jerking as there was last season and the season before.

Getting these teams first up every year isn’t doing the players confidence any good Getting tonked every August.

I’d like to think the real West Ham will settle down now ...
Trouble is we get battered at Brighton every year too.....
Bring back Jonathon !

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:51 pm What we mustn’t forget is it was Man City and there is the usual knee jerking as there was last season and the season before.

Getting these teams first up every year isn’t doing the players confidence any good Getting tonked every August.

Trouble is Tim is it not just MC as we both know all to well.
This is what really annoys me, we have been conceding far too many goals for most matches MP and his mob have been in charge, it happened again yesterday three days after the transfer window shut, and nothing was done to change that.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

dagenhamdave wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:04 pm
Newmarket wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:51 pm What we mustn’t forget is it was Man City and there is the usual knee jerking as there was last season and the season before.

This is what really annoys me, we have been conceding far too many goals for most matches MP and his mob have been in charge, it happened again yesterday three days after the transfer window shut, and nothing was done to change that.
But we haven't Dave, last season we let in 55 goals under Mr P, under Moyes/ Bilic season we let in 68, under Bilic first season at the LS, we let in 64 goals and the last season at UP, 51 goals.
Last season we had 4 games where we lost, and let in, 3 or more goals, again under the Moyes/Bilic season we lost 14 games letting in 3 or more goals.
So it is hardly fair to say we let more in under Pellegrini, I totally agree we need a DM and left sided Full back. I thought the same way as you did, but I have watched our major signing perform, he is in a different class than the sulky one, and would be very surprised if he wasn't involved in more than 20 goals this season to actually have someone of his caliber up front will have a direct influence on our results.
Anyway the window has now shut so we and Pellegrini will have to live with our frailties until the next window opens and have faith in Haller and Anderson...... ;)

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:50 pm
dagenhamdave wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:04 pm

But we haven't Dave, last season we let in 55 goals under Mr P, under Moyes/ Bilic season we let in 68, under Bilic first season at the LS, we let in 64 goals and the last season at UP, 51 goals.
Last season we had 4 games where we lost, and let in, 3 or more goals, again under the Moyes/Bilic season we lost 14 games letting in 3 or more goals.
So it is hardly fair to say we let more in under Pellegrini, I totally agree we need a DM and left sided Full back. I thought the same way as you did, but I have watched our major signing perform, he is in a different class than the sulky one, and would be very surprised if he wasn't involved in more than 20 goals this season to actually have someone of his caliber up front will have a direct influence on our results.
Anyway the window has now shut so we and Pellegrini will have to live with our frailties until the next window opens and have faith in Haller and Anderson...... ;)
Andy, I have never said we let in more under MP, just too many, and nothing done about in 2/3 transfer windows, I keep saying IMHO we bought the wrong players. To me, this squad is no better than last season, so we will see come next May.
We have brought in three unproven players in the Pl, lets hope they all hit the ground running.

boxman

Post by boxman »

dagenhamdave wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:04 pm Sorry, I disagree, I think we bought the wrong players. IMHO
we just need time to work things out, the reason pellegrini bought more technical players is to play a more technical game.. i think pellegrini might have an idea about how to manage a football team ;)

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

boxman wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:12 pm
dagenhamdave wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:04 pm Sorry, I disagree, I think we bought the wrong players. IMHO
we just need time to work things out, the reason pellegrini bought more technical players is to play a more technical game.. i think pellegrini might have an idea about how to manage a football team ;)
You know I’m beginning to have my doubts ?

His apparent disregard for anything remotely defensive is laughable it’s as if he doesn’t give a fuck !

We thought Bilic was gung ho but without any sort of information from within the club this guy appears to be taking the piss.

I honestly believe that he thinks the return of the Beckton boy is the solution ...

And as for Cresswell the Captain ... I’m speechless on that one !
Bring back Jonathon !

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:40 pm
boxman wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:12 pm

You know I’m beginning to have my doubts ?

His apparent disregard for anything remotely defensive is laughable it’s as if he doesn’t give a fuck !

We thought Bilic was gung ho but without any sort of information from within the club this guy appears to be taking the piss.

I honestly believe that he thinks the return of the Beckton boy is the solution ...

And as for Cresswell the Captain ... I’m speechless on that one !
I am a supporter of Pellegrini but like you some of his decion making has me speechless. I liked the line up Saturday but surley you keep Lanzini, Whilshire, and Rice closer together. Give Antonio, Anderson and Haller a free roam. To high press with 2 mid and 2 attacking players left us wide open. That system of playing Rice and the 3 offensive can only work if they work as a unit. Not 3 of them charging up lol and leaving Rice isolated. Then you have freddy bombing up as well against the best attacking side in the world hahahaha. Quite funny really. Also like you said. Cresswell as Cappy? Sorry to say this but the guy is a drip.How many fouls does he commit for a left back? I bet its not many.
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:18 pm Spuds have apparently offered Llorente a new 1 year contract. Let's hope he bloody well accepts it. We really don't want him to be mooching around our bench raking in a minimum of £50k a week for 1 goal a season. Poor player, even as a back up's back up - I'd literally rather sign Welbeck.
I was only fucking kidding!
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?