West Ham vs Newcastle Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: West Ham vs Newcastle Official Match Thread

Post by Clayton »

Going to be a tough one this , a resurgent Newcastle climbing the table gradually with a draw and 3 wins in their last 5 and one of the wins was against Man City . Prior to that they had a very difficult run losing to Man Utd , Chelsea , Liverpool and Tottenham . Lets hope we are good enough to get a similar result to the one we got at their place , but we do need to score which is something our strikers don't do well .

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Clayton wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:28 am Going to be a tough one this , a resurgent Newcastle climbing the table gradually with a draw and 3 wins in their last 5 and one of the wins was against Man City . Prior to that they had a very difficult run losing to Man Utd , Chelsea , Liverpool and Tottenham . Lets hope we are good enough to get a similar result to the one we got at their place , but we do need to score which is something our strikers don't do well .
I think that the problem is not so much the strikers, although some days they couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo, it's that we have to control the midfield from the off, again something we have failed to do this season time and time again. Whoever plays striker will not score if the chances arnen't made for them. Anderson needs the ball, to shine, as does Antonio on the right because until now with hopefully the return of Lanzini, we have had very little or none creativity in the centre midfield areas. Control the midfield and we will win.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

palerider wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:33 am
Gonzo wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:57 am That fella Almiron looks the business. He was on Pellegrini's wish list in the summer.
Time will tell mate. Looks a bit lightweight to me. Burnley away on a freezing Tuesday and you may see him not fancy it.

And he has a woman's skin.

I bet it's never felt the flail the cat. And made fine stockings for Rafa's best cabin boy.

And a woman’s mouth too. I’ll wager that mouth never had to ask it's brother to leak rumours to the press escape the dreadful football club.

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

45 minutes of Lanzini we dont want to rush him too soon and we have Nasri and Snod to shuffle with

Towie

Post by Towie »

Does anyone know what time they honouring Bonzo at with the stand re naming? Want to get there for that.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

A rousing rendition of Billy Bonds claret&blue army throughout the game will suffice.
Without the same result of course.

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

Have a bad feeling about this one, you know a good day to remember a legend is going to be tarnished by a performance on the pitch unfitting to Mr Bonds. Then we probably feel good about only losing 1-0 to City, Newcastle are on decent form.

Johnson has to be better than Masuaku, glad he got the chance. If Cressy has a broken toe, he is out for sure. Pam needs a rest. Hope Arnie is fit. Antonio has a shoulder injury, hope he can play.

Super Fab
Fred Diop Oggy Johnson
Rice Noble
Antonio Lanzini Snoddy
Arnie

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Towie wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:21 pm Does anyone know what time they honouring Bonzo at with the stand re naming? Want to get there for that.
From 5.15pm.

jhammers

Post by jhammers »

Fabianski
Fredericks, Diop, Ogbonna, Cresswell
Noble, Rice, Nasri
Antonio, Hernandez, Anderson

One of Nasri or Lanzini has to play in a game like this in my opinion.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:50 am
Clayton wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:28 am Going to be a tough one this , a resurgent Newcastle climbing the table gradually with a draw and 3 wins in their last 5 and one of the wins was against Man City . Prior to that they had a very difficult run losing to Man Utd , Chelsea , Liverpool and Tottenham . Lets hope we are good enough to get a similar result to the one we got at their place , but we do need to score which is something our strikers don't do well .
I think that the problem is not so much the strikers, although some days they couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo, it's that we have to control the midfield from the off, again something we have failed to do this season time and time again. Whoever plays striker will not score if the chances arnen't made for them. Anderson needs the ball, to shine, as does Antonio on the right because until now with hopefully the return of Lanzini, we have had very little or none creativity in the centre midfield areas. Control the midfield and we will win.
Had Lanzini and Yarmolenko fit all season, West Ham would be in a better position and further away from Watford, Everton and Wolves. Hopefully next season better luck and more incoming stronger players to fill in the gaps that is lacking.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.