Southampton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Southampton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Following our frustrating match against Watford, hopefully the next game we have a better luck but hopefully no more injuries as our squad is very thin in some area.

Squad:

Fabianski

Zabaleta
Diop
Ogbonna
Cresswell (Masuaku is not that great in that area)

Snodgrass
Rice
Noble
Anderson

Antonio
Perez/Carroll (hopefully Silva come in 2nd half)

Need to do more clinical finishing and defend tight as Southampton Redmond is the most dangerous player as he can split open defences.

Target result: Minimum a draw, a win is needed.

Prediction: Southampton 1 - 1 West Ham.

whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

jhammers

Re: Southampton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by jhammers »

Would go:

Fabianski
Zabaleta, Diop, Ogbonna, Cresswell
Obiang, Rice, Snodgrass
Antonio, Perez, Anderson

Assuming Arnautovic is still out and Hernandez is not fit.

Big game. We need a reaction to yesterday.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

I would try something different with this one . actually prefer this system just dont have to players to get the job done .
Think Anderson could work wonders in the middle .

Fabianski
Zabaleta - Diop - Ogbonna - Cresswell
Rice - Obiang
Antonio - Anderson - Snodgrass
Silva

Dont have much faith in Obiang or Ogbonna , Noble on the bench to bring on 2nd half .

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Clayton wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:39 pm I would try something different with this one . actually prefer this system just dont have to players to get the job done .
Think Anderson could work wonders in the middle .

Fabianski
Zabaleta - Diop - Ogbonna - Cresswell
Rice - Obiang
Antonio - Anderson - Snodgrass
Silva

Dont have much faith in Obiang or Ogbonna , Noble on the bench to bring on 2nd half .
He would need to come on before the 80th min otherwise there wouldn't be enough time to take him off again. :D :D Just being cynical and perhaps practical.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

With our injury list getting longer and longer,it could be a difficult game with Southampton hitting form under their new manager Ralph H.

Two weeks ago,we`d have been rubbing our hands with glee,nowIf we get a draw,we would take that.

I do think we were a little bit unlucky v Watford,but seem to give away possession so easy.

Let`s hope we don`t get any more injuries and get a win.Think it`s more in hope tbh.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:19 pm With our injury list getting longer and longer,it could be a difficult game with Southampton hitting form under their new manager Ralph H.

Two weeks ago,we`d have been rubbing our hands with glee,nowIf we get a draw,we would take that.

I do think we were a little bit unlucky v Watford,but seem to give away possession so easy.

Let`s hope we don`t get any more injuries and get a win.Think it`s more in hope tbh.
Totally agreed. I don't think Arnie will play against Southampton but 100% sure he will be playing against Burnley.

Hope no more injuries to our defence as Ogbonna is our last central defender cover and if any defender injured, then we have to push Rice back in the back line.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

A Southampton team on the up, followed by glen ‘fucking’ Murray , followed by a Burnley team who haven’t won in 27 years ...my optimism has waned somewhat.

Take a draw and would love to have arnie back to smash Brighton.

Hope he plays silva on thurs , kid looks a prospect.

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

If Zabby starts i can smell another Hammy waiting to happen.With games coming at us fast i can see Pellegrini shuffling,

...................................................FLAPPY......................................

Antonio..............................Diop...............................Oggy..........................Cresswell.

.............................Snoddy................Obiang..........................Rice.................................
...........Diagrana..........................................Perez...........................Anderson
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

Bookies have us priced at a huge 5/2 for this game. Not fancied at all by them. :roll:
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep »

Well, as our new Lazio friend suggested time to put the number 8 shirt on Anderson.

Need something through the middle...he's had a very average couple of games on the wing

Pelle's had the team for four months now..should be able to sort something out.