US Billionaire interested in buying West Ham?

Chat about anything football related here!
Gonzo

Re: US Billionaire interested in buying West Ham?

Post by Gonzo »

ToneLoc wrote:
Brookbonds73 wrote:
I fully expect offers to come flooding in, just before the renewal date for season tickets.
Load of old cunt.
I think that even the most 'easily pleased' sees straight through their utter bollocks now mate tbh.
They're as twitchy as a meerkat doing cold-turkey over the season ticket renewals at the moment.

But...... as Gonzo said on C.o.T..... expect them to STILL make all the wrong decisions.

It's not even a debate anymore mate. Everyone is fully aware how useless the owners are . . . . . even the mainstream media seem to get it now.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

I didn’t really know which thread to post this on tbh , it’s appropriate for all of em pretty much ....

I haven’t that much time for the RWHFG tbh after the March fiasco but I read this on there this morning so I’ve cut & pasted it for your delectation , I hope the fella won’t mind . It upset ME and I’ve only been to that shit tip once all season :(

“As I walked out of the Ground yesterday, and looked at the Tourist fans taking photos with smiles on there faces I got a lump in my throat. I genuinely felt a sense of loss as I stood at the stop and go boards I looked around at some of our more senior fans, ones that have had there season ticket long before I got mine in 1996 my son was 5 then and waist high he's 27 now and taller than me. I've had something to say to him for a while but I just couldn't find the right time. I turned to him and said Mate I can't do this anymore. I can't pretend to like what I don't enjoy any more. The match day experience is gone. I love West Ham with all my heart but I just don't enjoy it like I used to. With a shiver down my spine I said I'm sorry but I'm not going to re new our tickets next season. I refuse to put anymore money in to them 3 pockets only to waste and run our club like they are. He replied to my relieve ' Yeah Dad I make you right all they are doing is mugging us off' I said as long as your cool then that's it. He said 'it's End of an Era Dad and thank you for taking me all these years, with a tear in my eye I said the pleasure was all mine. I said we have had some great days out home and away, he said yeah remember Di Canio goal at old Trafford I was thinking about it the other day and he said I never forget how good it felt, He said Dad we will always be West Ham we will always have what they will never have we are Real Fans. As we arrived on the train silent and thinking of the conversation we just had. On came a guy older than me and what looked like his daughter and guess what he said .... after all these years Diane I don't think I can go anymore. I just turned to my son and said. We are not alone ( with a shake of the head) ⚒ West Ham Till I Die ⚒ very very sad times. I've The up most respect for everyone renewing next season but I reckon there will be thousands of old school who don't. I feel for the future and direction. Who knows what the future holds a brake is good as a rest and maybe one day We may think about it. But right now I'm done with them 3 and that Stadium big time ⚒ — feeling heartbroken.”
Bring back Jonathon !

Pennywise

Post by Pennywise »

Unless this new owner is going to pay way over the odds, it won't happen. Sullivan would lose a packet by selling now.

The only way it could happen is if Sadiq Khan foegoe's the LLDC's cut of any sale if any potential new buyer bought the LS too.

Pie in the sky stuff, unfortunately.

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote:
h69 wrote:
:i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:

If you think we lost our history now (whatever that means), wait until a US corporate buys us.....at least we will be rich though :twisted:
If it is true, very large if, and in any case there's a massive difference between being interested in buying something and actually doing it, I would personally welcome it if the bloke showed he had the ability to develop and grow a sporting business, something our present owners clearly lack. On the other hand if he turned out like the two Americans who owned Liverpool before the Fenway Group--------.

The problem is of course we would only find out once it had actually happened.
Or Randy Lerner, Ellis Short :lol:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
If it is true, very large if, and in any case there's a massive difference between being interested in buying something and actually doing it, I would personally welcome it if the bloke showed he had the ability to develop and grow a sporting business, something our present owners clearly lack. On the other hand if he turned out like the two Americans who owned Liverpool before the Fenway Group--------.

The problem is of course we would only find out once it had actually happened.
Or Randy Lerner, Ellis Short :i am genuinely amused:
In fairness to Lerner he did back Martin O Neill with significant cash, much of which he overpaid to us. 8 million for NRC and 4 million for Harewood as I recall. Not to mention #2 million for Collinms, which was a sizeable fee at the time for a CD. By all accounts some of the other transfer funds were not spent particularly well.

And in true fickle fan fashion Lerner, who as I recall was welcomed with rapturous enthusiasm when he bought the club from Doug Ellis, became Public Enemy #1 when he stopped putting his hand into his pocket.

One thing you can say about the Americans is that want a return on their buck.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Pennywise wrote:Unless this new owner is going to pay way over the odds, it won't happen. Sullivan would lose a packet by selling now.
At his age, would it matter? I don’t know why he doesn’t sell up and buy a Caribbean island and spend the rest of his days drinking mojitos.

You can’t take it with you.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Pennywise wrote:Unless this new owner is going to pay way over the odds, it won't happen. Sullivan would lose a packet by selling now.

Its not that Sullivan will loose a packet, its that he just wont make so much. He has already made a fortune out of us.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Newmarket wrote:
tassiehammer wrote: But still better than the living owners. :)
Whilst on the subject , what’s the going rate these days to hire a hit man ? :i am genuinely amused:
How much can you raise? I'm coming back in June.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

andyginbrasil wrote:

Its not that Sullivan will loose a packet, its that he just wont make so much. He has already made a fortune out of us.
Exactly. The one thing that odious little cunt hates, is to not make money.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

ryanguitarhammer

Post by ryanguitarhammer »

tassiehammer wrote:Microsoft? A while ago it was Red Bull. Who or what is the biggest,, richest company in the World? Thats who we want. We're a premium London brand, no need to settle for second best.
Well thats the Dave's plan anyway.
Jeff Bezos who owns Amazon, $105billion net worth.