West Ham vs Doncaster Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
hd1

Re: West Ham vs Doncaster Official Match Thread

Post by hd1 »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:42 pm
Yeah,but don't that sum up the devaluation of the FA Cup Jay.

Can you imagine back in the 1980's being told you must have to play your Youth Team?Would never ever of happened.
Strangely we didn't have a pandemic back on the 80's

This is a season like no other, ever

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

hd1 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:36 pm

Can you imagine back in the 1980's being told you must have to play your Youth Team?Would never ever of happened.

They don't tell them to do that in the PL,do they?

DEVALUATION ,I call that HD.

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

i dont know how many of the kids and back ups are fit and available.

It will be a repeat of Stockport, hopefully it will go according to plan this time and Antonio can go off once he has bullied them into submission.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:17 pm
hd1 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:36 pm

They don't tell them to do what and who are they? Trying to make sense of what you've written.

And leave off the caps :lol:

Parry Hotter

Post by Parry Hotter »

JayK wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:29 pm

You can’t count Villa in that this year. They had a covid outbreak and were forced to still play it

Think it depends how old you are tbh. Fans who was brought up on football; in the 70s and 80s was used to the idea of the cup being a big thing. Now the champions league and europa league qualifiers are seen as being more important then cups. you can win a cup by only winning half a dozen games and none of them need be against a decent team. Can be a lot of luck involved with the draws and so on. Like everything else footbal changes.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

hd1 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:54 am
terrya1965 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:17 pm

They don't tell them to do what and who are they? Trying to make sense of what you've written.

And leave off the caps :lol:
They don't tell them to play the Youth Team,they postpone the game.

Hope that helps hd. ;)

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Footballs about winning we need things to actually win...would love to win it a 4th time.

Still love the FA Cup...not just about your own team either...watched Chorley last night,was a fan for 90 mins,really enoyed
it and was gutted for them at the end..would rather watch that than a Scouse Manc League game..

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Parry Hotter wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:28 am

Think it depends how old you are tbh. Fans who was brought up on football; in the 70s and 80s was used to the idea of the cup being a big thing. Now the champions league and europa league qualifiers are seen as being more important then cups. you can win a cup by only winning half a dozen games and none of them need be against a decent team. Can be a lot of luck involved with the draws and so on. Like everything else footbal changes.
You have just defined it's value and it's worth with precision.

When you watch the review of "how did they get there" highlights of the finalists, everyone is reminded that their "journey's" involved nothing special.

The BBC do their level best to hype the competition but it's standard is below any league game. Shame

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:57 am Footballs about winning we need things to actually win...would love to win it a 4th time.

Still love the FA Cup...not just about your own team either...watched Chorley last night,was a fan for 90 mins,really enoyed
it and was gutted for them at the end..would rather watch that than a Scouse Manc League game..
Need things to actually win ? Isn't that a bit like giving all the kids who take part in the school sports day a prize ? Surely winning something is only seen as an achievement if the others taking part are also working their cojones off to win the same thing ? Otherwise what's the point and where's the sense of achievement ?

Would I have watched the Stockport v West Ham match if I wasn't a West Ham supporter ? Never in a million years. All the media hype about "a typical cup game" and the incessant underdog noshing really gets up my bugle if I'm totally honest.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

The Gonz is at his persuasive best promoting the requirement to field the first XI. :roll:

And it does have merits. And those merits are good. However, I would not be adverse in seeing Odubeko starting in this one.

Be nice to see something new