FA Cup: Stockport Co vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Castiron

Re: FA Cup: Stockport Co vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Castiron »

mkhammer wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:54 pm Thought Nobes played alright........5-4-3-2-1.........and................. :lol:

A few clubs would have scrapped a win last night... Stockport were Brilliant, well done..

One thing last Night ..Declan,Fast becoming the best player in the league...I don't think there's one Player I'd
swap him for.
De Bruyne :?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Castiron wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:20 pm
mkhammer wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:54 pm Thought Nobes played alright........5-4-3-2-1.........and................. :lol:

A few clubs would have scrapped a win last night... Stockport were Brilliant, well done..

One thing last Night ..Declan,Fast becoming the best player in the league...I don't think there's one Player I'd
swap him for.
De Bruyne :?
Son?
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:05 pm

swap him for.
Very bold statement there MK 😃
Don't think he was too bad tbh. I thought Rice and Ogbonna were very good, the rest of the defence decent, apart from Randolph who had one moment of near calamity and never inspires much confidence anyway imo, Noble ok, but the rest of the starting XI absolute pants. Sure the pitch was like a paddy field but it was no more difficult for Rice and Ogbonna than it was for some of the prima donnas whose heads dropped when their little tricks and flicks didn't come off.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:46 am
JayK wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:05 pm
Very bold statement there MK 😃
Don't think he was too bad tbh. I thought Rice and Ogbonna were very good, the rest of the defence decent, apart from Randolph who had one moment of near calamity and never inspires much confidence anyway imo, Noble ok, but the rest of the starting XI absolute pants. Sure the pitch was like a paddy field but it was no more difficult for Rice and Ogbonna than it was for some of the prima donnas whose heads dropped when their little tricks and flicks didn't come off.
Declan best player in the league though?
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:55 am

Always think those sort of comments are bollocks tbh. How can you compare Rice with, say, Son ? Chalk and cheese come to mind.

We all know he's a top player and , imo, if you picked a squad of 22 from the PL he's be in with a very good shout of being in it. For me an on form Kante is as good as he is, no better, no worse, but Dec stands out more because he's surrounded by players not on his level. Used Kante as an example because they do a similar job for their clubs.

Would I swap him for anyone if the opportunity came round. Yes. But it would have to be a very good player indeed. I can only immediately think of deBruyne in our league who would be a no brainer. Would even a fit vanDijk be a good swap ? He'd strengthen any defence in the world but take Declan out of our midfield and-----well, you can see where I'm going here can't you ? ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Thought you meant the Nobes comment mate was expecting shit over that...not Dec..... :lol:

Fast becoming mate not is...I like bigging our players up when have the chance...the guy is so impressive,
keeps ticking Boxes...to me De'Bruyne is, if had to pick one the best around...But would he been as effective as Dec was
on that pitch last night...he would never ever have been able to play some of the balls he does so brilliantly, on it...

And the way we are at the moment the Squad we have...not sure if I would do a Fantasy straight swap.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:28 am

Always think those sort of comments are bollocks tbh. How can you compare Rice with, say, Son ? Chalk and cheese come to mind.

We all know he's a top player and , imo, if you picked a squad of 22 from the PL he's be in with a very good shout of being in it. For me an on form Kante is as good as he is, no better, no worse, but Dec stands out more because he's surrounded by players not on his level. Used Kante as an example because they do a similar job for their clubs.

Would I swap him for anyone if the opportunity came round. Yes. But it would have to be a very good player indeed. I can only immediately think of deBruyne in our league who would be a no brainer. Would even a fit vanDijk be a good swap ? He'd strengthen any defence in the world but take Declan out of our midfield and-----well, you can see where I'm going here can't you ? ;)
Can’t argue with that at all goodpost:)
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

mkhammer wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:54 am

Thought you meant the Nobes comment mate was expecting shit over that...not Dec..... :lol:

Fast becoming mate not is...I like bigging our players up when have the chance...the guy is so impressive,
keeps ticking Boxes...to me De'Bruyne is, if had to pick one the best around...But would he been as effective as Dec was
on that pitch last night...he would never ever have been able to play some of the balls he does so brilliantly, on it...

And the way we are at the moment the Squad we have...not sure if I would do a Fantasy straight swap.
Ha ha, nah, I don’t really do player bashing if I can help it and he gets more than enough bashing.

Like Whisk said, Dec would be a big contender for a best 22. Decs value to us is, well, invaluable really so in that sense I see where you’re coming from. And he wouldn’t look out of place with De Bruyne, Son and Van Dijk (as mentioned) in the same starting 11 if that ever happened. I do see a future England captain there for sure.
COYI!!!

hd1

Post by hd1 »

My two pennyworth, would any of those players improve us if Declan left? I appreciate they all play in different positions but I don't think our midfield would be stronger with DeBruyne and without Rice, now if we had both....

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

mkhammer wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:54 am

Would Kevin De Bruyne be as effective on a football pitch as Declan Rice was the question.

And weighing up all contingencies and attributes, I would say almost as effective...