Man City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Man City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

Flairon wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:39 am I had to go to Miami for work this morning so I did not get to see the game. I have taped it and will watch a little later.

Having said that, everyone I spoke to has told me how well we played, how unlucky we were and how we deserve the draw.

Against Man Citeh, that is saying something.
Taped ??? :o

And there was I thinking the USA was at the cutting edge of technology. ;)

Betamax system I assume. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:28 am
Flairon wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:39 am I had to go to Miami for work this morning so I did not get to see the game. I have taped it and will watch a little later.

Having said that, everyone I spoke to has told me how well we played, how unlucky we were and how we deserve the draw.

Against Man Citeh, that is saying something.
Taped ??? :o

And there was I thinking the USA was at the cutting edge of technology. ;)

Betamax system I assume. ;)
I’m sure you have a similar record function on your high end top of the range ultra expensive Virgin package ? :D
Bring back Jonathon !

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:00 am
terrya1965 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:32 pm

That is fair enough..You are entitled to your opinion and they are too,but what I see.I thought he was the best player on the park Dave.
I also thought Fornals was excellent. As, for that matter, did Guardiola who has won a lot more trophies than any of us cunts, or the bigger cunts who award marks in the papers..

But best player on the park ? That's a stretch. There were a lot of good ones out there today and we have to accept that some of them were wearing blue.
Fornals one of the most underrated players we have, play him centrally and we have an even better player on our hands. If the lad improved his final pass decisions he would be coveted by one of the Sky 6 teams.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

palerider

Post by palerider »

I like Fornals too.

Another yard of pace and he'd have been wearing sky blue yesterday.

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:32 pm
dagenhamdave wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:54 pm

Sky rated four WH players above him and only gave him a 6.
The Mail also rated four WH players above him and only gave him a 6.5, but gave Jessie a 8.5.
Perhaps I do not rate him as high as you or some others on here?
That is fair enough..You are entitled to your opinion and they are too,but what I see.I thought he was the best player on the park Dave.
Also, if you go on the BBC website where the fans vote, he is only voted Eighth with a score of 6.59, so we all see something different?

dorsetdano

Post by dorsetdano »

The thing that impressed me most about yesterday, was that we had a real go. Something we haven't done against them since Bilic. I hope this is a sign of things to come and we do similarly against the other so called big teams. We have a proper team now that can compete at the top of the table and it seems that at last, we're acting like the team and manager think that's the case also!

palerider

Post by palerider »

dorsetdano wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:34 am The thing that impressed me most about yesterday, was that we had a real go. Something we haven't done against them since Bilic. I hope this is a sign of things to come and we do similarly against the other so called big teams. We have a proper team now that can compete at the top of the table and it seems that at last, we're acting like the team and manager think that's the case also!
Yep.

I'm hoping that Moyes lost the scales from over his eyes after the Dippers game.

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:40 am
dorsetdano wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:34 am The thing that impressed me most about yesterday, was that we had a real go. Something we haven't done against them since Bilic. I hope this is a sign of things to come and we do similarly against the other so called big teams. We have a proper team now that can compete at the top of the table and it seems that at last, we're acting like the team and manager think that's the case also!
Yep.

I'm hoping that Moyes lost the scales from over his eyes after the Dippers game.
Exactly that. Seen error in their ways after seeing so many points gained by other teams from Liverpool. We’re better than Moyes and the players believed but maybe now they realise we can bother teams. Also we never had Lingard at the time. Think he’s instilled some confidence in them
COYI!!!

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

What’s the crack with Fabianski missing then ?

imanammer

Post by imanammer »

Someone trod on his arm in training apparently.