Our fans reaction to our Team taking the knee

Chat about anything football related here!
Flairon

Re: Our fans reaction to our Team taking the knee

Post by Flairon »

Neville Bartos wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:53 pm I don't have an issue with anyone drawing attention to human rights abuses.
What annoys me about this is that football authorities, and sports bodies in general, are very quick to shut down anything that reflects negatively in markets where they make money.
So, let's all take a knee because of police brutality and corruption in the US... but woe betide anyone drawing attention to the Saudi government murdering journalists and other critics of their regime. Or concentration camps for Muslims in China. Or the Chinese occupation of Tibet.
Let's see footballers taking a knee for Tibet and watch what the FA and Fifa does. Hypocritical cunts all of them.
I have no problem with people protesting Police brutality or systematic racism. I do however appreciate that you make a very valid point vis-a-vis Saudi Arabia.
Flairon

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Flairon wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:06 am
Neville Bartos wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:53 pm I don't have an issue with anyone drawing attention to human rights abuses.
What annoys me about this is that football authorities, and sports bodies in general, are very quick to shut down anything that reflects negatively in markets where they make money.
So, let's all take a knee because of police brutality and corruption in the US... but woe betide anyone drawing attention to the Saudi government murdering journalists and other critics of their regime. Or concentration camps for Muslims in China. Or the Chinese occupation of Tibet.
Let's see footballers taking a knee for Tibet and watch what the FA and Fifa does. Hypocritical cunts all of them.
I have no problem with people protesting Police brutality or systematic racism. I do however appreciate that you make a very valid point vis-a-vis Saudi Arabia.
And of course absolutely anyone who has the temerity to criticise Israel for it's policies, particularly in respect of Palestine, is immediately labelled anti semitic.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:41 am
Flairon wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:06 am

And of course absolutely anyone who has the temerity to criticise Israel for it's policies, particularly in respect of Palestine, is immediately labelled anti semitic.
That's a strand of soft politics all part of the international board game of geo-politics. Where you can have a situation like 9/11 and the consequences are to wage a war with the wrong country. Competing different spheres of influence use different situations as opportunities to pursue private agendas.

And it's the opportunity factor that is relevant. It's either engineered or exploited when it presents. Which brings us to the "taking the knee" gesture. it can be a cynical manifestation of pushing a wider agenda or simply a reminder of exploitive injustice. The risk that something more pervasively sinister is being groomed here, is why opinion is divided over it's place in the sphere of sports. Or to put it in a fundamental context - do people who have paid to enjoy recreational time, want a side salad of politics served up while they do it.

And just to let you know where I stand on the matter - no I don't think they do

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

SCENARIO

There are six people on a grid in a Warehouse.

Someone wants to know who Jack is(who is is new and black),because they need to give/tell him something and don't know who it is?

How many would say his the Black fella?99% would say that.

Last year,nobody would even blink at that comment.

If I was on a grid with 6 other people and they were black or Asian and they asked who Terry was and they said his the white fella,I wouldn't think anything of it at all.

Sorry,it`s getting stupid now.

I know people will say,"It`s in the context",but I really can't see the offence?
What do they want to be called,"A non white person?"

Maybe BLACK LIVES MATTER should change their name to NON WHITE LIVES MATTERS?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:49 am SCENARIO

Someone wants to know who Jack is(who is is new and black),because they need to give/tell him something and don't know who it is?

If I was on a grid with 6 other people and they were black or Asian and they asked who Terry was and they said his the white fella,I wouldn't think anything of it at all.

I know people will say,"It`s in the context",but I really can't see the offence?

So long as he wasn’t referred to as Blackjack it shouldn’t be a problem.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:49 am SCENARIO

Yeah mate ,when I referred to the..."That Fucker there" in a previous post,was half way being serious,in that everyone
can be a fucker..it doesn't discriminate....
Personally identifying someone now is seen as discrimination...
In your example..if you said it's the Non White Bloke.....that can be discriminatory ,cos you're saying he's not white.

We're not sure when and if we can use Black,,in what situation/context...Despite people fighting for the right to not be
Called Coloured,Nigger,Coon,Darkie...etc.....We got we're Black and want to be referred to as Black,despite not
actually being fuckin Black...which is yet another Slavers term for easy identification.

Surely ,must be better and politer to identify people as Light Skinned,Dark Skinned,Brown,Ebony,Black,White,Pale,
Cream...people are what they are...all colours,shapes and sizes,the fuck up is grouping together..that's where the
problems start,we're individuals..
So we should try and Identify a Person for what they are...not to lump them in one group...you lot are Black...and thats it.

It's crazy...we've seen people arguing for "Black" rights or whatever and to me they look what I might identify as white,
they have a very Mild Mediterranean complextion..could be French ,Italian for all I know,one thing they aint "Black"
Can Have a Black Heritage...but then again the whole World does...

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Equality eh ?

Who will be to blame for their inadequacies ,failings and sometimes shitty attitudes in life’s rich tapestry ?

See the blame games lost when you lose your trump card.

This black power nonsense is going to cause more problems especially when going unpunished ,another shit stirring move by the BLM rabble.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Why can’t all sorts live together in peace & harmony ffs ?

Like this :-

Paul and little Stevie would be a tad perplexed.
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:43 pm Equality eh ?

Who will be to blame for their inadequacies ,failings and sometimes shitty attitudes in life’s rich tapestry ?

See the blame games lost when you lose your trump card.

This black power nonsense is going to cause more problems especially when going unpunished ,another shit stirring move by the BLM rabble.
But hasn't the blame game always been around ? The unemployed African refugee will blame racism, intolerance, in fact anything other than his inability to communicate in the language of the country he now lives in or the fact he is probably totally unqualified to perform any sort of job other than a fucking door stop or walking around in a sandwich board letting everyone know where Pizza Hut is. But his mates will still moan because the directions to Pizza Hut aren't written in Urdu or Farsi.

But the other side of that coin is that the little oik (remember him) and thousands of other oiks, some of them much older but sadly not wiser, will blame assorted Poles, Bulgarians and Romanians for the fact they can't get a nice cushy little number in a cozy office or warehouse somewhere.

As we all know the losers in our midst whine, whinge and gripe, telling us all how bloody unfair life is. and blame the rest of us for their own inadequacies. And just in case we've forgotten the little oik---------

Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Of course there’s always been the blame game for life’s losers black white or fucking yellow
Nowhere in the world is perfect but these fucking drips bleating on about how hard done by they are gets on my tits, sort your fucking lives out .
There are opportunities here for every race creed colour whatever, trouble is most want it on a fucking plate
Well tough shit.
There’s soppy white cunts like that little oik as you call him maybe he should move to Africa (being a non racist continent) and start a WLM movement and see how he gets on ,forfeiting he’s white privilege life :roll: of course .