Non league

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

Re: Non league

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Dagenham for me, I often pop down there to watch them when we haven't got a game. It used to be borient at one time but they can go fuck themselves now.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Diamondhammer

Post by Diamondhammer »

Diamondhammer is a bit of a clue. From their non-league rise to the football league I followed Rushden and Diamonds. What a shame it all went wrong when Dr Martens stopped financing the team. Rumour had it that including the building of the fantastic facilities £25m was invested.
AFC Rushden and Diamonds now back where they started playing at the Dog and Duck ground in Wellingborough whilst their magnificent stadium in Rusden is now at this moment in time being demolished........ Such a shame.

I now spend my semi retirement days partly in Kent. (Live in Milton Keynes). My local team is Margate who look like they are going the way of the Diamonds ..... perhaps I'm a jinks.

Yes live in Milton Keynes and I have gone to watch the Dons a few times but I cannot bring it in me to cheer, or clap any goal .......don't know why I go really.

h69

Post by h69 »

Diamondhammer wrote:Diamondhammer is a bit of a clue. From their non-league rise to the football league I followed Rushden and Diamonds. What a shame it all went wrong when Dr Martens stopped financing the team. Rumour had it that including the building of the fantastic facilities £25m was invested.
AFC Rushden and Diamonds now back where they started playing at the Dog and Duck ground in Wellingborough whilst their magnificent stadium in Rusden is now at this moment in time being demolished........ Such a shame.

I now spend my semi retirement days partly in Kent. (Live in Milton Keynes). My local team is Margate who look like they are going the way of the Diamonds ..... perhaps I'm a jinks.

Yes live in Milton Keynes and I have gone to watch the Dons a few times but I cannot bring it in me to cheer, or clap any goal .......don't know why I go really.
My mate lives in Wollaston so I went with him to see West Ham play a friendly at R&D when we were sponsored by Doctor Maartens. I remember Rigobert Song playing for us but not much else as the bar was rather good. Lovely stadium though for a team down there.....crying shame.