German

Chat about anything football related here!

Re: German

Post by 1234 »

JayK wrote:I'd take him. Seems to me he's grown up a lot since his days with us before. He's still a top goal scorer but I agree we need another to compliment him as our other strikers are nearly dead. I'd even take Defoe over Sturridge coz at least he'd be fit for half the season at least.
Naivety at it's best.
Grown up!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

If by grown up you mean looking for a last big pay day, then yes he has grown up.

h69

Post by h69 »

yes....we need a goalscorer...he is a goalscorer...

Made a mistake many moons ago when young.
Scores goals for fun even in a terrible Sunderland side
England International

For me that's all that matters....all the other stuff is irrelevant....all players are looking for a big payout. So what.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Can't understand the anti ex player feeling tbh. Defoe left because we went down. If we go down this season how many of the present favourites does anyone expect to hang around? Problem is he won't have a sell on value so we won't want to pay anything like top dollar.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

Ears and Dolfo agreeing. Fucking hell!!

Would have him without a second thought. Still the best finisher in the prem, by a mile
Covid in the Boardroom

irishhammer

Post by irishhammer »

wtf does Still the best finisher in the prem, by a mile mean?,better than 1. Romelu Lukaku
2. Harry Kane
3. Alexis Sánchez
4. Diego Costa
5. Zlatan Ibrahimović

grow a pair

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

irishhammer wrote:wtf does Still the best finisher in the prem, by a mile mean?,better than 1. Romelu Lukaku
2. Harry Kane
3. Alexis Sánchez
4. Diego Costa
5. Zlatan Ibrahimović

grow a pair
Eh ?
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

1234 wrote:
JayK wrote:I'd take him. Seems to me he's grown up a lot since his days with us before. He's still a top goal scorer but I agree we need another to compliment him as our other strikers are nearly dead. I'd even take Defoe over Sturridge coz at least he'd be fit for half the season at least.
Naivety at it's best.
Grown up!! :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:

If by grown up you mean looking for a last big pay day, then yes he has grown up.
You assumptions are wrong. Not what I meant at all. Do one
COYI!!!

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

Whiskyman wrote:Can't understand the anti ex player feeling tbh. Defoe left because we went down. If we go down this season how many of the present favourites does anyone expect to hang around? Problem is he won't have a sell on value so we won't want to pay anything like top dollar.
he'd be on a free, so all we'd pay is his wages. If you subtract a transfer fee then agree to his inflated demands you still end up getting 2 years of a striker on top form for a decent wage (adjusted).

Still need additional signings to flesh out the striker stable, seems to be the one position you can't keep fit, so we need more quality in depth.
#fuckqatar2022

teddybard

Post by teddybard »

grandad wrote:If its for 1 season or maybe 2

your a very rich boy so dont get greedy

come home son and right the wrongs
Would that be German Deffo?
whufc_crest
IF it's true that we are here to help others,
what are the others doing here??

shakeass “Congratulations.....You’ve been shafted by the Dildo brothers” kickimmuts

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

If Ts & Cs are favourable then 'absolutely'.
For me, this season has halted almost all of any feelings of self-entitlement or visions of grandeur created by the move and SuGo's rhetoric.
We are where we are.......which is where we've always been.
He's a lot better than anything we currently have.......and even at 34 he's a lot fitter than anything else we currently have (or at least of those likely to be picked).
Yes it would be another step backwards if he was to be our 'only' attacking signing and we found ourselves dependant on a 34 soon to be 35 year-old......... but as a player we can unleash at optimum times? Fuck yes.

And finally, the friendship that he's formed with that poor little lad, for me has put things into perspective and now, I for one absolutely bare the bloke no grudges over some actions made a long time ago.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"