Transfer Window

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Transfer Window

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:20 pm
h69 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:52 pm

I think there is a reason Kehrer was only worth 9m when we signed him. OK player that is error prone and was bought as a stop gap. When he was playing he got slaughtered by the fans, now he is leaving, everyone wants him to stay. We need to replace him with better.

As for Mubama, he is very lightweight at present....too lightweight for the PL in my opinion but he makes the correct runs. Just needs to get in the gym and learn a bit from Antonio, no need to build up like a boxer a la Antonio but a bit of strength training so he doesn't get knocked off the ball so easily and there is definitely a player there. If he can get the strength and learn to hold the ball like Kudus, he will be a good player but at present, he is too easily bullied.

Surprised people still trust what is written on Facebook or twitter though :lol:
I just think he’s not AS deadwood as the rest of our deadwood , of which there’s loads, and I can’t see us replacing him now or in the summer hence Ogbonnas yet another contract extension.

As I tried to say above , big rebuild required in the summer but is anyone convinced it won’t just be another half hearted attempt with half a dozen or more squad players in their 30’s that Moyes will have no intention of using unless we get injuries or a cup quarter final away to a Sky 6 team.
Hold on a minute. Wasn't everything going to be hunky dory once Herr Steidten got his feet under the table. Surely the upcoming transfer windows will be a model of efficient recruitment. If as the click baiters , fed by their ITKs, assured us Moyes is being replaced in the summer Herr S will already have sourced his replacement and will be in earnest dialogue as to his needs in the upcoming transfer fest.

Of course, heaven forbid, the ITKs may not be as ITK as they would like to believe they are and the managerial merry go round may bypass West Ham in the summer. Herr S may have decided that Moyes is his man for the long slog and is, as we speak, frantically trying to persuade Ten Hag to let him at least speak to Jonny Evans.

Great optimism was in the air when Herr S walked through the door. Everyone was convinced the days of "[Wenn Sie nicht planen, planen Sie zu scheitern/i] were over. Finished. Fertig.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

h69 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:52 pm

I think there is a reason Kehrer was only worth 9m when we signed him. OK player that is error prone and was bought as a stop gap. When he was playing he got slaughtered by the fans, now he is leaving, everyone wants him to stay. We need to replace him with better.

As for Mubama, he is very lightweight at present....too lightweight for the PL in my opinion but he makes the correct runs. Just needs to get in the gym and learn a bit from Antonio, no need to build up like a boxer a la Antonio but a bit of strength training so he doesn't get knocked off the ball so easily and there is definitely a player there. If he can get the strength and learn to hold the ball like Kudus, he will be a good player but at present, he is too easily bullied.

Surprised people still trust what is written on Facebook or twitter though :lol:
I just think he’s not AS deadwood as the rest of our deadwood , of which there’s loads, and I can’t see us replacing him now or in the summer hence Ogbonnas yet another contract extension.

As I tried to say above , big rebuild required in the summer but is anyone convinced it won’t just be another half hearted attempt with half a dozen or more squad players in their 30’s that Moyes will have no intention of using unless we get injuries or a cup quarter final away to a Sky 6 team.
Maybe not but there has only been a week gone and he may not be the last out the door. And it wasn't the way you mention last summer. I'd say Alvarez, JWP, Kudus, Mavrapanos was quite a successful window. No reason why we can't do the same again as long as people keep calm unlike last summer where there was a meltdown after a couple of weeks of July when we had not bought anyone immediately.

January is a bitch of a window to buy in but we did get Bowen and Soucek then so it can be done.

Each season the squad gets better incrementally but it will take time to have 22 players good enough to compete at this level.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

In Auguerd there is a good player.He can pass the ball better than most of our team can.I would go has far has saying,only Paqueta passes the ball better.

Sorry,he is being let down by the poor system he plays under our manager.Moyes would rather play with someone who give 110%,but has no technical ability at all.Soucek falls into that category.

F*CKS ME RIGHT OFF,even though the sun shines out of his arse for the majority of our support.It will go tits up sooner or later and the players we will be left won't have the ability to get us out of the mess that will be eventually created under Moysieball.Kudus and Paqueta ain't going to hang around long sitting behind the half way line for 80% of the game.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

I’m sorry but I just had to post this here

https://www.footballtransfers.com/en/tr ... s-rashford
Bring back Jonathon !

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

I can’t work out if this is a piss-take or not, or if the author is so stupid as to not realise that he’d already played here...?

Confused, NSW. :?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

OZHAMMER wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:12 am I can’t work out if this is a piss-take or not, or if the author is so stupid as to not realise that he’d already played here...?

Good innit :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:22 am
OZHAMMER wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:12 am I can’t work out if this is a piss-take or not, or if the author is so stupid as to not realise that he’d already played here...?

Good innit :lol:
Tis the season to be silly, I guess... :roll:

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Well he's 30 now so still has at least 5 more years in him .

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

h69 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:08 pm

Maybe not but there has only been a week gone and he may not be the last out the door. And it wasn't the way you mention last summer. I'd say Alvarez, JWP, Kudus, Mavrapanos was quite a successful window. No reason why we can't do the same again as long as people keep calm unlike last summer where there was a meltdown after a couple of weeks of July when we had not bought anyone immediately.

January is a bitch of a window to buy in but we did get Bowen and Soucek then so it can be done.

Each season the squad gets better incrementally but it will take time to have 22 players good enough to compete at this level.
Got to agree Kudus and Alvarez are looking good , still not sure about JWP all round game or Mavrapanos , we desparately need fit younger quality CH's .
But we have to look at why it's going to take a time to have 22 players good enough to compete at this level due to signings like - Vlasic , Kral , Scamacca , Downes , Benrahma , Kehrer , Aguerd , Zouma ( missed 23 games through injury not including this season ) , Cornet and Ings . And the continued contract extensions of players like Fabianski , Ogbonna , Antonio and Cresswell .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:37 pm In Auguerd there is a good player.He can pass the ball better than most of our team can.I would go has far has saying,only Paqueta passes the ball better.

Sorry,he is being let down by the poor system he plays under our manager.Moyes would rather play with someone who give 110%,but has no technical ability at all.Soucek falls into that category.

F*CKS ME RIGHT OFF,even though the sun shines out of his arse for the majority of our support.It will go tits up sooner or later and the players we will be left won't have the ability to get us out of the mess that will be eventually created under Moysieball.Kudus and Paqueta ain't going to hang around long sitting behind the half way line for 80% of the game.
I have said many times he has some good attributes. His pace and passing ability being the best imo. Just a pity the bloke can't defend, panics under . pressure and loses concentration as easily as the bloke he's narking loses him in our area. Good players adapt to the system they are asked to play in. He played for Morocco in the last World cup who, like West Ham play a very low block system And guess who scored the first goal they conceded in that competition. He did. A fucking own goal. So I don't think we can throw him the "bless him, it's not his fault" bone to excuse him.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?