Well now David.

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: Well now David.

Post by eskimo joe »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:11 am https://amp.theguardian.com/football/20 ... f-survival

It’s coming …
The question is when. Are the board looking for the luxury of time to root out a new manager.Time afforded them because relegation has become inevitable? Because that is how it is beginning to look. What is said in the article is nothing really short of what we all have said, but it seems the board are playing ostriches.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

hd1

Post by hd1 »

eskimo joe wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:40 am
Newmarket wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:11 am https://amp.theguardian.com/football/20 ... f-survival

It’s coming …
The question is when. Are the board looking for the luxury of time to root out a new manager.Time afforded them because relegation has become inevitable? Because that is how it is beginning to look. What is said in the article is nothing really short of what we all have said, but it seems the board are playing ostriches.
You think relegation is inevitable, or you think they think it is? Either way I think you're way off the mark. We're not even halfway through the season yet, a couple of wins and any team is back up in the top 10. If we can continue to play as we did in those 1st 20 mins against Brentford, in fact all the 1st half, then we'll be fine. That said I do still think it's time for a change of manager.

You think the Board have their head in the sand, yet have paid down debt, made a profit and as any business would report they have a contingency plan in place should the worst happen. Despite mine and everyone elses views of them, they have acted prudently and sensibly.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

I never actually said relegation was inevitable, I said are they waiting till it is inevitable to make the choice to get rid.

As for the Brentford game, the first 20 minutes looked good but produced nothing. Who knows, it might produce something in other games but you need someone who is good with his head. We have two players, Soucek and Dawson. So it's basically static set pieces and mobile ones.

As for the financial side of things, who really knows what they think, but I don't believe that they are making the right choice in keeping Moyes, or maybe they are and have, as you say, contingency plans should the worse happens. Those plans will suit them no doubt for the future but does little for the present. In essence they are gambling, let's hope it pays off and they get rid of the dinosaur when the season ends.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

palerider

Post by palerider »

eskimo joe wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:08 am I never actually said relegation was inevitable, I said are they waiting till it is inevitable to make the choice to get rid.

As for the Brentford game, the first 20 minutes looked good but produced nothing. Who knows, it might produce something in other games but you need someone who is good with his head. We have two players, Soucek and Dawson. So it's basically static set pieces and mobile ones.

As for the financial side of things, who really knows what they think, but I don't believe that they are making the right choice in keeping Moyes, or maybe they are and have, as you say, contingency plans should the worse happens. Those plans will suit them no doubt for the future but does little for the present. In essence they are gambling, let's hope it pays off and they get rid of the dinosaur when the season ends.
IF we somehow stay up they'll keep McDullard. No question. And we'll be revisiting this conundrum in a year's time but with new excuses.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

hd1 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:53 am

You think relegation is inevitable, or you think they think it is? Either way I think you're way off the mark. We're not even halfway through the season yet, a couple of wins and any team is back up in the top 10. If we can continue to play as we did in those 1st 20 mins against Brentford, in fact all the 1st half, then we'll be fine. That said I do still think it's time for a change of manager.

You think the Board have their head in the sand, yet have paid down debt, made a profit and as any business would report they have a contingency plan in place should the worst happen. Despite mine and everyone elses views of them, they have acted prudently and sensibly.
I admire your optimism. However I feel relegation, whilst not inevitable, is highly probable. Our results over the past 12 months have been appalling and there is no evidence that the composition of the current squad is good enough to arrest what appears to be a terminal decline. The recent 5 successive defeats simply represent a culmination of what has been a truly dreadful 2022 in terms of PL performance.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Oh but we have had two years in Europe you’ll hear bleating out the same old fucking crap
Means diddly shit now.
This team is a busted flush we never look like fucking scoring and leak goals for fun ,a recipe for disaster.
The only way is down imo.

Onwards and downwards.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

I think Steinberg’s article is telling . 2 days ago he’s tweeting that Moyes has the full support of the entire board.

Now , there have been fallouts with senior players etc and he’s also put a few names in for good measure as to possible/probable replacements .

GSB leaking stuff to the press once again ?
Testing the waters with the fan base ?

It wouldn’t be the first time .

Now I wouldn’t call Steinberg a Sully stooge , but he does appear , from history , that he has a very good source within the club .
I think the writing is on the wall now.
Bring back Jonathon !

Towie

Post by Towie »

Let’s hope so. Ffs

If we lose tonight and he is still not sacked then the board will start getting it come in their direction.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

JayK

Post by JayK »

If we continue to play like we did against Brentford we’ll be 2-0 down at half time every game.
That was the 1st game I been to this season but we tried the same thing over and over. Get it to Rice or Paq, get it out wide, put a cross in. There was barely any variety and therefore predictable to all. Our set pieces have been absolute dogshit this season. Always thought we had a chance with them but not anymore. We need to get the ball to scamaccas feet, not his head.
COYI!!!

Towie

Post by Towie »

JayK wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:23 am

If we continue to play like we did against Brentford we’ll be 2-0 down at half time every game.
That was the 1st game I been to this season but we tried the same thing over and over. Get it to Rice or Paq, get it out wide, put a cross in. There was barely any variety and therefore predictable to all. Our set pieces have been absolute dogshit this season. Always thought we had a chance with them but not anymore. We need to get the ball to scamaccas feet, not his head.
Spot on, even then when we have chance to put first time cross in Cresswell will take a touch and turn back.🤦‍♂️
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.