Oficial January Transfer Window Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Oficial January Transfer Window Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:24 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:08 pm

Good point about Dawson, although it could maybe be said that he was signed as a squad filler whereas any new arrival will potentially be seen as a replacement for Ogbonna.

As for Hazard I personally wouldn't touch him with the proverbial bargepole, even at £21 million. As you say an appalling injury record and, by all accounts, has a tendency to down tools when things aren't to his liking. Very much doubt if he's a Moyes type addition tbh. And I make you right in the two positions which are a priority.
I think £10 mil buys you a squad filler these days and I guess that’s what Phillips would be if he’s not left footed
If he's not left sided, which is what we need, would there be any point bringing him in ? I would prefer us to see if Baptiste and Alese have it in them to become first team squad players, which is why I would personally favour a loan.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

palerider wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:38 am The victims have put a 10m price tag on Nat Phillips as we look for a central defender. They won't let him go on loan.

In all honesty I don't remember him being good or bad for them last season when VVD was out but he played 17 games. So he can't be a cunt.

And in today's market, 10m is not much.

In other news, Moyes has dismissed reports of a new striker arriving and plans to convert Darren Randolph to a number 9 to ease the workload on Micky, and Jesse Lingard was spotted in a Manchester tattoo parlour having the Saudi flag inked on his neck.
He's dogshit

Spend decent money on Ake

See if Traore can be tempted by the bright lights of Westfield

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:27 pm
JayK wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:24 pm

I think £10 mil buys you a squad filler these days and I guess that’s what Phillips would be if he’s not left footed
If he's not left sided, which is what we need, would there be any point bringing him in ? I would prefer us to see if Baptiste and Alese have it in them to become first team squad players, which is why I would personally favour a loan.
Isn’t Diop a lefty? In which case Phillips would compete with Dawson. Only saying that coz I’m sure I seen Zouma play in the left side
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

only1salty wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:36 pm
palerider wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:38 am The victims have put a 10m price tag on Nat Phillips as we look for a central defender. They won't let him go on loan.

In all honesty I don't remember him being good or bad for them last season when VVD was out but he played 17 games. So he can't be a cunt.

And in today's market, 10m is not much.

In other news, Moyes has dismissed reports of a new striker arriving and plans to convert Darren Randolph to a number 9 to ease the workload on Micky, and Jesse Lingard was spotted in a Manchester tattoo parlour having the Saudi flag inked on his neck.
He's dogshit

Spend decent money on Ake

See if Traore can be tempted by the bright lights of Westfield
Not seen enough of him to determine his dogshitedness tbh.

Ake isn't happening.

Agree about Traore but money will be the issue.

JayK

Post by JayK »

They want £20-25mil for Traore don’t they? We ‘allegedly’ just bid £21 mil for Hazard. The coffers are there if they want him.
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

JayK wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:52 pm They want £20-25mil for Traore don’t they? We ‘allegedly’ just bid £21 mil for Hazard. The coffers are there if they want him.
A bit of extra Czech dosh hasn't turned Statler & Waldorf into spendaholics overnight Jay. I doubt very much we REALLY bid for Eddie Izzard.

If you believe the rumours we've got about 40m to play with and Moyes wants a CB over anybody else, even if it means not getting a striker, so an attacking midfielder is an extravagance unless Adama changes his name to Jesse.

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:57 pm
JayK wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:52 pm They want £20-25mil for Traore don’t they? We ‘allegedly’ just bid £21 mil for Hazard. The coffers are there if they want him.
A bit of extra Czech dosh hasn't turned Statler & Waldorf into spendaholics overnight Jay. I doubt very much we REALLY bid for Eddie Izzard.

If you believe the rumours we've got about 40m to play with and Moyes wants a CB over anybody else, even if it means not getting a striker, so an attacking midfielder is an extravagance unless Adama changes his name to Jesse.
Well Traore was the one I said the other day that fits the mould of Antonio but with a crap scoring record. Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if that’s who Moyes wants as our striker…..after a CB has been got
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

JayK wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:59 pm
palerider wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:57 pm

Well Traore was the one I said the other day that fits the mould of Antonio but with a crap scoring record. Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if that’s who Moyes wants as our striker…..after a CB has been got
I wouldn't be too upset with that tbh.

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:00 pm
JayK wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:59 pm

I wouldn't be too upset with that tbh.
I’m not really a fan of him tbh but Moyes rarely gets it wrong atm. I still trust him with the players he gets, even if it’s not in the right positions of priority for you and I
COYI!!!

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Traore??? No fucking way. Vastly overpriced and overrated. 7 goals and 16 assists in 155 PL games for a bona fide winger is beyond woeful. To put it in perspective, the much maligned Andriy Yarmalenko has 11 goals and 7 assists in 69 PL appearances and we can't wait to offload him for being ineffective. Why the fuck would we bring in someone worse?

And to nip the "play Traore as a CF" thing in the bud - He's played there 24 times with zero goals and one assist, so no - he's not the messiah, he's a very bad footballer.

If by any chance there are funds available in January, a cheeky bid for the obviously highly disillusioned and doesn't-want-to-be-at-Everton any more Richarlison wouldn't be a terrible idea. He's too good for Everton but wouldn't be a regular starter for the Citeh's, Dippers and Chelskis of the world. Maybe he would be interested in a team sitting top 4 in the PL though?

TM has him at £49.5M but I reckon you could shave the best part of £20M off of that in all honesty and for a proper PL quality striker, that's not bad money in the scheme of things. Won't happen but it'd be nice.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?